Australian Tours

JC_AOR

Apparantly Petra played 2 shows in Australia last month. One of them wasn't far from here so probably would have gone just out of interest.

Surely our christian buddies would have known about this one, no?

Sadly, unless tickets were about $10 I don't think I'd have made that one.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparantly Petra played 2 shows in Australia last month. One of them wasn't far from here so probably would have gone just out of interest.

They played a massive 3 day festival at Toowoomba called Easterfest, some good bands in the line-up, most though, I've never heard of. Would have been cool just to walk around and check out some random bands, I'm sure there would have been some good ones.

http://www.easterfest.com/programme/artists/

wow, petra played in Australia, how cool, dont think I knew this. Would haev gone for sure.

Latest word on Crown Of Thorns Australian gig is that it's very unlikely to happen this year :(

New single will be released in the U.K shortly wth a possibility of a new album depending on how well the single does.

Soundwave Revolution line-up announced, with a few real ball-ticklers:

Full Soundwave Revolution line up announced

The full line up for Soundwave Revolution was revealed last night on triple j's Short.Fast.Loud with Stu Harvey.

Despite 50-odd acts having already been announced via twitter over the past few months, promoter AJ Maddah assured fans "10 or so bands" were still to be revealed.

Those acts are Van Halen, Alice Cooper, Hole, Sisters Of Mercy, Danzig, Kevin Devine, Bad Religion, Machine Head and Alter Bridge.

Those headliners join these already announced acts:

All Time Low | Attack! Attack! | Black Veil Brides | Cro-Mags | Dashboard Confessional | Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows | Devin Townsend | Every Time I Die | Face to Face | Four Year Strong | Framing Hanley | Funeral For a Friend | Gojira | Hatebreed | Hellogoodbye | Hellyeah | Hollywood Undead | Holy Grail | In This Moment | Kvelertak | Madina Lake | Make Do And Mend | Panic! at the Disco | Relient K | Set Your Goals | Skindred | Steel Panther | Story Of The Year | Street Dogs | Sum 41 | Terrible Things | The Acacia Strain | The Damned Things | The Dangerous Summer | The Swellers | The Used | The Word Alive | This Providence | Thrice | Thursday | Times of Grace | Unearth | Watain | We Are The In Crowd | We Are The Ocean | Whitechapel | Yellowcard | Young Guns | Zebrahead

The dates:

Brisbane - 24th September

Sydney - 25th September

Melbourne - 30th September

Adelaide - 1st October

Perth - 3rd October

Tickets are on sale June 2.

I thought normal Soundwave was brilliant this year, this line-up is just amazing. I'll be there front and center on June 2nd for sure!!!

They played a massive 3 day festival at Toowoomba called Easterfest, some good bands in the line-up, most though, I've never heard of. Would have been cool just to walk around and check out some random bands, I'm sure there would have been some good ones.

http://www.easterfest.com/programme/artists/

Yep knew about it, but no way to get there...

o yeh, and Volz was on lead vocals... basically the lineup who just released the new "CLassic Petra" album..

so, is it true tat Heart will support Def lep?

Haven't heard that one yet...sounds good though

I didn't know Def Leppard were due out here. I wonder if that will be affordable.

• 3 weeks later...

DEF LEPPARD To Perform At Australian Charity Event - June 8, 2011

a_151008toddef1_16v055j-16v055k.jpg?x=292&sig=yuEm_bpUrl.zmIHpggXWDg--

According to The West Australian, DEF LEPPARD will be a part of Channel 7's annual charity event in Australia in October. The band rearranged its Australian tour so that it could play in Perth during the Telethon weekend of October 15 and 16.

DEF LEPPARD's gig on October 15 will be broadcast on Seven during the event.

Channel 7 Perth general manager Ray Wardrop said the station was "extremely thrilled" that the metal band has embraced the spirit of Telethon.

"To change their tour dates and make special arrangements to ensure they are in Perth on the Telethon weekend says a lot about the band and their management team," Wardrop said.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/9609070/def-leppard-embrace-charity-event/

DEF LEPPARD To Perform At Australian Charity Event - June 8, 2011

a_151008toddef1_16v055j-16v055k.jpg?x=292&sig=yuEm_bpUrl.zmIHpggXWDg--

According to The West Australian, DEF LEPPARD will be a part of Channel 7's annual charity event in Australia in October. The band rearranged its Australian tour so that it could play in Perth during the Telethon weekend of October 15 and 16.

DEF LEPPARD's gig on October 15 will be broadcast on Seven during the event.

Channel 7 Perth general manager Ray Wardrop said the station was "extremely thrilled" that the metal band has embraced the spirit of Telethon.

"To change their tour dates and make special arrangements to ensure they are in Perth on the Telethon weekend says a lot about the band and their management team," Wardrop said.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/9609070/def-leppard-embrace-charity-event/

ooo

Nice, I think. Without looking elsewhere, are they doing shows in Sydney? I guess they'd be a million dollars, hey? :(

btw, motley and bret dates, headlined by Doc Neeson are out now.

Wow, I didn't know that was happening.

$166 for 23rd of September, 2 days before the Sydney Soundwave show.

After a long while thinking to myself "Who the f*ck is Doc Neeson???" I see he was The Angels frontman.

Now I have to ask, what the f*ck is Doc Neeson doing on this bill??? And why do I need to pay 1/3 of $166 - $55 for someone I would not bother watching. Seriously, I wouldn't even bother. So it's about $85 each for Motley and Bret Michaels. If it was Poison it'd be a no-brainer, but Bret Michaels solo? I'm not sure about that. What kind of set list does he play? Which other schmucks are in his band?

Doc Neeson??? WTF???!!!

i don't understand how come Doc became the headlining act for Crue/Bret?

i bet he must have slept with the promotor's wife or something :christmas:

would much prefer a band of younsters belting out some stuff up on stage.

I'd prefer to see you belting out some stuff up on stage.

Seriously. Dud line-up.

i don't understand how come Doc became the headlining act for Crue/Bret?

i bet he must have slept with the promotor's wife or something :christmas:

would much prefer a band of younsters belting out some stuff up on stage.

I'd prefer to see you belting out some stuff up on stage.

Seriously. Dud line-up.

ok, as long as i can borrow something from your dvd colleciton, and i don't suffer from stage fright.

motleycrue-oz2011.jpg

Proudly presented by MAX, Triple M and Australian Guitar Magazine. Tickets go on sale from 9am on Tuesday 21 June via the below outlets:

Wednesday 21 September Brisbane, Riverstage (18+) www.ticketmaster.com.au 136 100

Friday 23 September Sydney, Sydney Entertainment Centre www.ticketmaster.com.au 136 100

Saturday 24 September Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena www.ticketek.com.au 132 849

have fun guys, shouldn't miss this one :party421:

motleycrue-oz2011.jpg

Proudly presented by MAX, Triple M and Australian Guitar Magazine. Tickets go on sale from 9am on Tuesday 21 June via the below outlets:

Wednesday 21 September Brisbane, Riverstage (18+) www.ticketmaster.com.au 136 100

Friday 23 September Sydney, Sydney Entertainment Centre www.ticketmaster.com.au 136 100

Saturday 24 September Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena www.ticketek.com.au 132 849

have fun guys, shouldn't miss this one :party421:

Anyone going to this? At the moment I think I might pass, I hate to say. :( I already spent $167 or something on the Soundwave ticket on that same weekend - Sunday the 25th. And it must be said, the value I'll get out of the Soundwave ticket destroys this 80,000 times over. I have seen Motley once before, with great seats too, and I just don't have the drive to see Bret Michaels solo. As I said before, with Poison it's a no-brainer... but I'm not sure I can justify this ticket price. :(

Anyone going to this? At the moment I think I might pass, I hate to say. :( I already spent $167 or something on the Soundwave ticket on that same weekend - Sunday the 25th. And it must be said, the value I'll get out of the Soundwave ticket destroys this 80,000 times over. I have seen Motley once before, with great seats too, and I just don't have the drive to see Bret Michaels solo. As I said before, with Poison it's a no-brainer... but I'm not sure I can justify this ticket price. :(

haven't brought soundwave or motley tix. waiting for "a better offer", so don't spend all your pennies just yet Geoffery.

haven't brought soundwave or motley tix. waiting for "a better offer", so don't spend all your pennies just yet Geoffery.

What do you mean, scallop? You won't get a better deal than the Soundwave tickets, I don't think.

But yeah, if I read between the lines you think the Motley tickets may decline in price? If they do I'll be on it, but I won't spend what they're charging at the moment.