Australian Tours

JC_AOR

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ted Poley's Melbourne show was fantastic, roughly 200 rockers in.

Let us know how the Sydney show goes :)

I probably won't see the reply but if I do, what was his rough set list? I've been trying to have a catch-up listen to everything he's put out there but it's become apparent in these few days that he's on about 89 CDs. I'm guessing he's mostly playing stuff from his 2 solo discs and Danger Danger? He's not going to pull out an old Melodica, Bone Machine or Poley/Pichler tune is he? :lol: Man he's got alot of CDs out there...

Of course I was kidding around guys, Mr Scary are the first band on at 8:20pm :)

Yeh but what time are De Mont getting on?

i thought that Brindle Suite was playing.

Ted Poley's Melbourne show was fantastic, roughly 200 rockers in.

Let us know how the Sydney show goes :)

I probably won't see the reply but if I do, what was his rough set list? I've been trying to have a catch-up listen to everything he's put out there but it's become apparent in these few days that he's on about 89 CDs. I'm guessing he's mostly playing stuff from his 2 solo discs and Danger Danger? He's not going to pull out an old Melodica, Bone Machine or Poley/Pichler tune is he? :lol: Man he's got alot of CDs out there...

Ted's setlist was all off the first two D2 albums although I thought he'd break into Prophet - Listen to ya at the end of the show when he took on the drums but no dice. Maybe next time. Also Ted did play a song called Tokyo Nights which is the only non D2 tune he plays & is avaiolable on his greatest hits double cd & may appear on his next album in 2011 through Frontiers.

Ted Poley / White Widdow / Mr. Scary

Great music + great friends = GOOD TIMES!

I agree. 'Twas an awesome night. Good to catch up with Vince and Matty-Boo and their associates. Also great to finally properly meet Jules too. Very cool peeps.

In summary:

Mr Scary ; so surprisingly good. Amazing that they have not played in 17 years because they just sounded awesome. Crazy good setlist too, playing all my faves off the CD. Great set.

White Widdow ; awesome again. When you have that many awesome songs to choose from already not much can go wrong. :) Love seeing these guys and will certainly check them out when they return by themselves. :)

Ted Poley ; one of Vince's buddies mentioned that setlist before the show and I was so excited. I love Ted's solo stuff, but to get a full set of D2 tunes with the original vocalist... what more could I possibly ask for? And with White Widdow as a backing band it just sounded awesome. The guitar was killer, the solo in 'Beat the bullet' was especially mind-blowing. But yeah, the whole set was just delightful. Ted sounds brilliant - admittedly even better than I ever thought he would, 20 years on. He was funny, energetic, friendly... he seemed to be having a wonderful time which translated into everyone there loving it too. I can honestly say it was my favourite concert going experience in my life. Ted Poley singing all the D2 classics... what more could I ever ask for? :) Absolutely loved it.

• My Little Pony

I failed to mention there was what one could only describe as "Monkey Business" happening on the dance floor between an esteemed HH member and a young lass!

Well, c'mon, tell us who? We know it wasn't Geoff, 'cause he's got a thing for Matt, and we know it wasn't Matt, 'cause he's got a thing for small fury animals.

Ted Poley / White Widdow / Mr. Scary

Great music + great friends = GOOD TIMES!

I agree. 'Twas an awesome night. Good to catch up with Vince and Matty-Boo and their associates. Also great to finally properly meet Jules too. Very cool peeps.

In summary:

Mr Scary ; so surprisingly good. Amazing that they have not played in 17 years because they just sounded awesome. Crazy good setlist too, playing all my faves off the CD. Great set.

White Widdow ; awesome again. When you have that many awesome songs to choose from already not much can go wrong. :) Love seeing these guys and will certainly check them out when they return by themselves. :)

Ted Poley ; one of Vince's buddies mentioned that setlist before the show and I was so excited. I love Ted's solo stuff, but to get a full set of D2 tunes with the original vocalist... what more could I possibly ask for? And with White Widdow as a backing band it just sounded awesome. The guitar was killer, the solo in 'Beat the bullet' was especially mind-blowing. But yeah, the whole set was just delightful. Ted sounds brilliant - admittedly even better than I ever thought he would, 20 years on. He was funny, energetic, friendly... he seemed to be having a wonderful time which translated into everyone there loving it too. I can honestly say it was my favourite concert going experience in my life. Ted Poley singing all the D2 classics... what more could I ever ask for? :) Absolutely loved it.

Sounds like an awesome concert! Or should I say sounds like a typical Ted Poley affair. Fantastic showman. Exactly what you want out of a front man! Really hope to be able to catch him again with D2 or his solo act. If not, I can go to my grave saying I saw Danger Danger live in my lifetime! :headbanger:

How many people there?

• My Little Pony

I failed to mention there was what one could only describe as "Monkey Business" happening on the dance floor between an esteemed HH member and a young lass!

I didn't notice that at first and it completely rules out Geoff and Matt. ;)

Matt and his new lover, Tara, were getting naughty naughty on the dancefloor. Lot's of sexy time. Good on 'em, though, she's a nice young lass.

As for how many people there? Tough call, I'm never a good judge on things like this. Would there have been 100 people there, guys? Another thing that I don't know if others will agree with, but I loved sound in the place. Often in a tiny little dive like that the sound is terrible and the music is too loud and vocals muffled and it's just a wall of sound. Not so on the night. Volume was perfect in my opinion and everything sounded nice and clear and as it should. Seriously, on paper it was a hole of a place - The Bald Faced Stag - but it went alright.

Well, c'mon, tell us who? We know it wasn't Geoff, 'cause he's got a thing for Matt, and we know it wasn't Matt, 'cause he's got a thing for small fury animals.

Theres basically two options:

1. The Fat Lesbians

2. The old dude with the young asian girl.

Matt and his new lover, Tara, were getting naughty naughty on the dancefloor. Lot's of sexy time. Good on 'em, though, she's a nice young lass.

As for how many people there? Tough call, I'm never a good judge on things like this. Would there have been 100 people there, guys? Another thing that I don't know if others will agree with, but I loved sound in the place. Often in a tiny little dive like that the sound is terrible and the music is too loud and vocals muffled and it's just a wall of sound. Not so on the night. Volume was perfect in my opinion and everything sounded nice and clear and as it should. Seriously, on paper it was a hole of a place - The Bald Faced Stag - but it went alright.

Go Matt!!

Sorry I missed this gig. Sounds like it was awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Aussies...... get your megacheap tickets to the Syndey sunday night Bon Jovi show from ticketek website right now from as low as $49.

go to the main ticketek site, and on the front page there is a banner about the special. click on that and it takes you to a page where you can get silver, gold or platinum tickets starting from $49.