Australian Tours

JC_AOR

Yeah, it was awesome. Mate, the public transport in Sydney is enough to make you kill someone midweek. Even on weekends you're lucky to make it onto that last bus/train at the end of the night after a concert. But during the week you have no hope at all unless it's a Wiggles show finishing at 8:30pm.

And driving in the city is about 100% worse than catching public transport - completely infuriating and the ultimate in frustration. I thought I'd miss White Widdow because of it, but gladly it all worked out. After 100L of petrol plus I'm 99% sure I got a photo taken in a bus-lane where I really shouldn't have been, right in the city's busiest interesction! :lol: It was the only way though. I expect a fine which I'll deny.

I just checked the website and unfortunately you guys don't get White Widdow up there because if you did you'd have to go. I'd still go for PBF if I were you. :)

Did you go, Justin?

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it was awesome. Mate, the public transport in Sydney is enough to make you kill someone midweek. Even on weekends you're lucky to make it onto that last bus/train at the end of the night after a concert. But during the week you have no hope at all unless it's a Wiggles show finishing at 8:30pm.

And driving in the city is about 100% worse than catching public transport - completely infuriating and the ultimate in frustration. I thought I'd miss White Widdow because of it, but gladly it all worked out. After 100L of petrol plus I'm 99% sure I got a photo taken in a bus-lane where I really shouldn't have been, right in the city's busiest interesction! :lol: It was the only way though. I expect a fine which I'll deny.

I just checked the website and unfortunately you guys don't get White Widdow up there because if you did you'd have to go. I'd still go for PBF if I were you. :)

Did you go, Justin?

No, I had my priorities all wrong. I went to my work xmas party instead. I'm so disappointed they were both on the same night.

Did you go, Justin?

No, I had my priorities all wrong. I went to my work xmas party instead. I'm so disappointed they were both on the same night.

Sorry to hear it mate. The only concert I've missed of these old-school bands touring Australia is the LA Guns show and that still haunts me today. Hope you can block this big miss from your memory, mate. More to the point, hope you hooked up with the drunkest, sexiest office slut to make the night worthwhile. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I imagine most of you guys - Matt, Geoff, Lindsay, Andre etc. will all be trying to make this. Have they ever played in Oz before??

Stryper will bring their 25th Anniversary Tour to Australia for the following dates:

Melbourne: Wednesday 7th April 2010, Billboard The Venue

Sydney: Thursday 8th April 2010, Metro Theatre

Brisbane: Saturday 10th April 2010, Hi Fi Brisbane

Yeah, I'll see it for sure... though Matty-Boo just told me it'd cost $70! Ouch, but I'll still do it. White Widdow better support them.

I imagine most of you guys - Matt, Geoff, Lindsay, Andre etc. will all be trying to make this. Have they ever played in Oz before??

Stryper will bring their 25th Anniversary Tour to Australia for the following dates:

Melbourne: Wednesday 7th April 2010, Billboard The Venue

Sydney: Thursday 8th April 2010, Metro Theatre

Brisbane: Saturday 10th April 2010, Hi Fi Brisbane

Stryper has toured here once previously, an old mate of mine roadied for them.

I'm looking forward to this gig though, it'll be my first domestic Stryper live experience :beerbang:

Stryper support when they first tour in Australia was Lightforce, so dont be suprise it will be Mortifaction on this tour.

The first tour"To Hell With The Devil" was 1987 i went to that one 20.06.87 in Melbourne and the second tour"In God We Trust" 1.04.89 which i went to as well.Me and my wife to be couldn't believe how heavy live they are and how good live,hearing reports that they have lost nothing in the live department.

Stryper support when they first tour in Australia was Lightforce, so dont be suprise it will be Mortifaction on this tour.

The first tour"To Hell With The Devil" was 1987 i went to that one 20.06.87 in Melbourne and the second tour"In God We Trust" 1.04.89 which i went to as well.Me and my wife to be couldn't believe how heavy live they are and how good live,hearing reports that they have lost nothing in the live department.

twice, wow, cool!!! :beerbang:

twice, wow, cool!!! :beerbang:

Yeah mate back in the day when we could afford concert tickets and didn't have so much debt,ahhhhh the good old days :(

Here's a band that'll get a few talking, Croatian all girl melodic rockers Angels http://www.angelsrocktheworld.com/TheBand.aspx

will be touring here December, check out thier songs. IF you love 80's Vixen you'll love Angels.

Went to this gig last night, without a doubt the most unique & interesting gig I've been to this year, to put it nicely :)

White Widdow was fabulous, attendance was around 50 or tad more.

The only sour note being ww's keyboard player apparently chickening out of playing thier newest tune that now yet to played.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Twice in the late 80's I believe - Possibly THWTD & IGWT tours.

WOW YOU POSTED!!!

NERD!

Got my tickets the other day :)

Stryper or ACDC?

Stryper

Have we discussed what they cost? When is it on again?

As for Frehley, he hasn't played yet has he?

Geoff, the Stryper dates are

Melbourne - April 7

Sydney - April 8

Brisbane - April 10

My mate bought the tickets...think he said $80 from memory. Wouldn't want to pay much more than that.

Melbourne - April 7

Sydney - April 8

Brisbane - April 10

My mate bought the tickets...think he said $80 from memory. Wouldn't want to pay much more than that.

Thanks mate. Wow, $80??? Do they have some good support bands? I missed out on LA Guns for about $60 (due to financial reasons) and I much prefer LA Guns to Stryper. :(

Melbourne - April 7

Sydney - April 8

Brisbane - April 10

Thanks mate. Wow, $80??? Do they have some good support bands? I missed out on LA Guns for about $60 (due to financial reasons) and I much prefer LA Guns to Stryper. :(

Not sure who is supporting. Yeah it seems a bit expensive to me. But I guess that's what you have to pay to see an international headline act these days.