Australian Tours

JC_AOR

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure who these bands are or what this is about but it at least looks interesting...

Rockbrat News Flash: Rum Babas Re-union Show – 20 November 2010

rum_babas_1990.jpg?w=300&h=213

When: Saturday 20 November 2010 - 7:30pm

Where: Sandringham Hotel – 387 King Street – Newtown

One of Australia’s finest all-girl outfits the Rum-Babas will do a one-off re-union show soon in Sydney as support to the also re-formed Vanilla Chainsaws. Newcastle outfit The Dragstrippers will kick off the evening. I really should alter that photo at left to read ’2010′ but it’s a cool image to accompany this news piece. Be there !

How rubbish that it's the Tracii Guns version of LA Guns touring... not sure if I will be going as I'm going away for that weekend. If the Eels are playing on Friday night I'll give the concert a miss but if not I might try to get out there.

As for Stryper, yeah they were very good. Particularly guitar-wise. I was delighted to see Sweet and Fox retain that awesome sound/style you hear on the CDs. The song selection was only so-so for me, with a few of the songs I just dislike ('Sing a song' or whatever it's called. As I said to Matt, I don't even know as I always skip that song. But they opened with it and it just dragged awfully. I didn't like 'Honestly' at all either [why didn't they do 'Lady' instead?] and there were about 2 other songs I just plain and simply didn't like) BUT it was still very enjoyable and I loved their sound. Highlight of the set was probably the sole representitive from 'Against the Law,' which was 'All for one.' The encore was awesome too. Loved that.

Glaring ommissions were 'In god we trust' and 'Always there for you' and I truly don't understand why the albums 'In God We Trust' and 'Against the Law' were so heavily overlooked. Still, aside from that, never thought I'd see Stryper in my lifetime so it was a good night. Good to see "Happy Snapper" Matt and meet Vince after the show too.

And seriously, man it was loud. I was at the back of the room and my ears still got raped. I assume it's because they're probably more used to bigger venues in their prime, but some bands seem to heavily estimate how loud they turn it up on the night... Would have loved a slightly less loud and clearer sound for my benefit. ;)

• 1 month later...

Unfortunely i came down with gastro on Saturday and miss the gig. What i have heard it was went down awesome, sad that Nothing Sacred did not play due to Woolley didn't turn up. It finished around about 1 a.m. Sunday morning, and merchandise of performing artists i don't know if there was for sale.

Generation Swine have 2 gigs in melbourne this weekend for anyones that's interested....

For ayone that hasn't seen them, think Candy Harlots meets Alleycat Scratch with a dash of Queen.

October 22nd,

The Lyrebird,

St Kilda, VIC

w/ The Deep End

8pm

18+

October 23rd,

Cherry Bar,

Melbourne, VIC.

w/ Rocket Queen,

The Deep End.

$12

8pm

18+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebAWeKQcQx0

• 3 weeks later...

hot date baby?

Can we make it a threesome? I'd so be into that.

omg omg omg! im lik sooooo jealousth!

Four is even sexier.

So when are you skirt wearers getting there on Saturday night? Is Mr Scary first up or is someone on before them?