Australian Tours

JC_AOR

Geoff, the Stryper dates are

Melbourne - April 7

Sydney - April 8

Brisbane - April 10

My mate bought the tickets...think he said $80 from memory. Wouldn't want to pay much more than that.

Thanks mate. Wow, $80??? Do they have some good support bands? I missed out on LA Guns for about $60 (due to financial reasons) and I much prefer LA Guns to Stryper. :(

Not sure who is supporting. Yeah it seems a bit expensive to me. But I guess that's what you have to pay to see an international headline act these days.

I think that's pretty reasonable but each to their own eh? :)

My wife saw a local act on the weekend and A reserve was $100 - local act, local musos....now that seemed a bit steep to me.

Would be great if Butch Walker came back as I missed him with M3 last time.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

?

Did anyone end up seeing Edguy, Sonata Arctica or any of those other bands that were touring Australia earlier this year? I know there was that heavy metal festival they all played at but some of these bands did some extra shows. Matt did you see any of them?

?

Did anyone end up seeing Edguy, Sonata Arctica or any of those other bands that were touring Australia earlier this year? I know there was that heavy metal festival they all played at but some of these bands did some extra shows. Matt did you see any of them?

WTF? Really? Was that mentioned before? I didn't know about it at all. Obviously I'd have no interest in most of them, but I'd love to see Edguy! :(

?

WTF? Really? Was that mentioned before? I didn't know about it at all. Obviously I'd have no interest in most of them, but I'd love to see Edguy! :(

Yeah it was this festival in Sydney:

screamfest.jpg

But some of the bands announced some side shows and Edguy ended up playing in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth as well. Edguy didn't do separate shows for Brissy or Sydney. When they came to Brissy back in '04 on the Hellfire Downunder Tour they played this tiny little venue called the Indie Temple (not there anymore). No one knew about it so I can't really blame the band for not wanting to come back here. The Melbourne show, on other hand, at the Espy (Gershwin Room) kicked ass. One of the best gigs I've ever been to.

?

screamfest.jpg

But some of the bands announced some side shows and Edguy ended up playing in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth as well. Edguy didn't do separate shows for Brissy or Sydney. When they came to Brissy back in '04 on the Hellfire Downunder Tour they played this tiny little venue called the Indie Temple (not there anymore). No one knew about it so I can't really blame the band for not wanting to come back here. The Melbourne show, on other hand, at the Espy (Gershwin Room) kicked ass. One of the best gigs I've ever been to.

Yeah, now that you mention it I think Matt did mention something about this sometime, that they were in Australia but avoided Sydney. Shame.

?

screamfest.jpg

Yeah, now that you mention it I think Matt did mention something about this sometime, that they were in Australia but avoided Sydney. Shame.

Yeh they avoided Sydney, apart from some stupid death metal night NYE.

• 4 weeks later...

just read this....

Stryper's 25th Year Anniversary tour of Australia scheduled for early April 2010 has been moved to August 2010. The new dates for this tour are; Melbourne - Wednesday 25th August - Billboard the Venue Sydney - Thursday 26th August - The Metro Theatre Brisbane - Saturday 28th August - The Hi Fi Brisban

just read this....

Stryper's 25th Year Anniversary tour of Australia scheduled for early April 2010 has been moved to August 2010. The new dates for this tour are; Melbourne - Wednesday 25th August - Billboard the Venue Sydney - Thursday 26th August - The Metro Theatre Brisbane - Saturday 28th August - The Hi Fi Brisban

Haha. I literally just swore to myself after seeing the dates at the top of this page. I've set the tightest budget ever for this month and haven't really left room to move and I'd totally forgotten about Stryper, thus putting myself out of contention... however, scrolled down this is excellent news for me. I'm sure Matty-Boo will kill chickens and eat muslims, but this is nice news. :) Still not sure if I'm going, but it gives me more time to decide. Hey Justin and Lindsay, are you doods going?

On another note, as little as I've ever really cared about what people think of me, I sure would like to get an 'I am NOT a christian' shirt printed up for this night. :lol:;)

Anyone know what tunes they're playing in their current setlist these days? Is there much from 'Against the Law'?

• 4 weeks later...

Just read this in the latest issue of my local Rave Magazine:

"! Suffer are playing at The Jubilee Hotel on Thurs-

day Apr 14, along with Teargas, Septic Surge and

One Shot Salute. Suffer are also playing an All Ages

show on Friday Apr 16 at Burst City with Insurgents,

Loose Grip and Bad Taste."

Is this "the" Teargas or another band? Does anyone know. I thought that band was long gone.

• 3 weeks later...

Powderfinger - Not a huge fan but I like them enough to go to their "farewell" show, should be fun with a few mates. I can't believe how fast they sold out. I had to resort to buying tickets for the Toowoomba show.

Oh yeah and Geoff I saw your SOTY post - I'm there for sure. In fact I'm almost more excited about Saosin than SOTY.

To other gig news, 1927 are announcing another national tour, most of the dates are in July I think. I can't recommend going to one of their shows highly enough.

Oh yeah and Geoff I saw your SOTY post - I'm there for sure. In fact I'm almost more excited about Saosin than SOTY.

Yeah mate, I'm really excited about both. Did you see that Saosin were due to support New Found Glory on their tour this month? I'd all but bought my ticket (as Hit The Lights were also opening) until Saosin pulled out. I was deeply cut.

But as I said in the other thread, it looks like it's worked out for the better. I'm super keen to see both bands. Should be awesome.

Is anyone here going to bother with Slash, or does paying for that experience sound as awful to you guys as it does to me?

Nah I didn't hear about the New Found Glory shows at all.

As for Slash, I'm sure It'll be good, but no way am I paying big $'s to see him. I quite liked the Slash's Snakepit CD's but I'm just not interested at all really.

Nah I didn't hear about the New Found Glory shows at all.

As for Slash, I'm sure It'll be good, but no way am I paying big $'s to see him. I quite liked the Slash's Snakepit CD's but I'm just not interested at all really.

Yeah that second Slash's Snakepit was a ripper!

• 1 month later...

Gnr to return..?

From fasterlouder

Guns N’ Roses are expected to announce a concert at ANZ Stadium on Sunday 5 December, according to The Daily Telegraph.

The newspaper has reported that Axl Rose is set to bring Guns N’ Roses to Australia to headline the V8 Supercars finale at Sydney’s Olympic Park in December.

The article quotes a source close to the negotiations, who claims that “The Gunners are the No. 1 target and they’ve indicated they are willing to do it. It’s just a matter of getting the contracts signed.”

The suggestion of a Guns N’ Roses show linked to V8 Supercars finale, inevitably recalls the band’s most famed Australian performance at the Eastern Creek racecourse in Sydney on 1993’s ‘Use Your Illusion’ tour.

Axl Rose brought his new-look band (corn rows and all) to Australia in 2007, only a year before finally releasing the Guns N Roses’ sixth studio album Chinese Democracy.

Murmurs of a full-blown Gunners reunion reemerged last month when Rose’s ex-bandmate Slash’s visit in April. was in the country on a promo visit, however, they seem highly unlikely.

Wow... that is amazing news about Poley. I am officially excited. Pain in the ass it's my bro's birthday weekend, but we'll figure something out for that one for sure.

Oh, and Guns n' who? ;)