Duets

Dave

Duets are like cover versions.....sometimes they work, alot of the time they don't.

What ones do you like and what ones don't you like ???

Some good ones IMO are Lita Ford & Ozzy with Close My Eyes Forever and Crown Of Thorns & Doro with Shed No Tears.

Some not so good ones IMO are Kip Winger & Fiona with Everyting You Do, Alice Cooper & Twisted Sister with Be Cruel To Your School, Mark Reno & Ann Wilson with Almost Paradise and the worst of them all..........Hold on to your hats and brace yourself for this......It is PPPPPPaa.....PPPPPaaaaauuu.......PPPPaaaauuulllllll......RRRRR....RRRRRooo...RRR

Rooooddd....RRRoooddddggg...eeerrrrs.....Fuck that was hard to say & Ann Wilson {and she too, is hard to say} with the absolute boring song, Norweigen Wood.

Definately no :bowdown: for that one :lol:

Andi Deris and Candace Night (Blackmore's Night) do a nice duet called "Light The Universe" on Helloween's KEEPER OF THE SEVEN KEYS: THE LEGACY

Andi Deris and Candace Night (Blackmore's Night) do a nice duet called "Light The Universe" on Helloween's KEEPER OF THE SEVEN KEYS: THE LEGACY

That is a great song imo. :drink:

Also "The Chase" from Queensryche with God himself Mr. Ronald James Dio. :headbanger:

The Storm ones are good.

The Bad Habit one on the end of 'Adult Orientation' is awful, as is the Robin Beck/James Christian one on an album recently.

I generally hate the male/female ones... there was another awful one on Michael Borman's last solo album... but the dude/dude duets are normally cool, if they're a good band/artist in the first place. Fightstar also meshed well together with 2 vocalists.

• 2 weeks later...
Some not so good ones IMO are Kip Winger & Fiona with Everyting You Do, Alice Cooper & Twisted Sister with Be Cruel To Your School, Mark Reno & Ann Wilson with Almost Paradise

I couldnt disagree more!

• 4 years later...

I was listening to 'Turnaround' by Pride of Lions and enjoying the excellent female vocal and wondered if there was a thread on duets generally, so dug this one up.

Surprised the thread is so short. Are there any other good duets that spring to mind? Maybe songs released since this thread was last visited?

Also, is the female vocal on the Pride of Lions track by Tori Hitchcock (as suggested by my brief research)? Has she done anything else? Great voice imo!

• 1 month later...

I loved Houston's - Truth Slips. Does that count?

"Close My Eyes Forever" hasn't aged well for me, sadly. Loved it at the time, mind you.

I rather like Lizzy Borden & Betsy Bitch's version of "Don't Touch Me There"

Here is "newish" one that I think works: Doro Pesch and Tarja Turunen (ex-Nightwish)..

Another interesting one is Doro and Lemmy - "Alone Again"

• My Little Pony

I really like Rob Rock's cover of "Move On" feat. Tobias Sammet. Speaking of Tobi, I also like H.E.A.T.'s "Black Night," although I understand I may be alone in that.

Presume I was the only one who was hugely impressed with Tori Hitchcock's voice? Can't seem to find anything about her online, so presumably she doesn't appear on any other songs...

• 5 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

This was a borderline public service announcement in Australia in the 80's when it was released. It was used in anti drug campaigns on tv and I remember seeing it many times at the cinema pre main feature. It's a great song. "Do you do the drug or does the drug do you?" For me, maybe a little from column A and a little from column B. ;)

On 27.12.2017 at 5:33 AM, Darkstone said:

This was a borderline public service announcement in Australia in the 80's when it was released. It was used in anti drug campaigns on tv and I remember seeing it many times at the cinema pre main feature. It's a great song. "Do you do the drug or does the drug do you?" For me, maybe a little from column A and a little from column B. ;)

Cool song. Never heard it before.

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I dig the new tune!  Honestly, might be my favorite yet from these guys. I like that this kind of gets away from the  Bon Jovi Country vibe they sometimes had on the debut.  For me, this has a fresh, big sound to it.   Will have the new one on my radar.
    • 3rd single... Love It   
    • New video for 'Dance'.    
    • Vandenberg - Sin Chicago - The Chicago Story (2 CD) Megadeth - So Far, So Good, So What? (Expanded) The Allman Betts Band - Down to the River Mike Oldfield - Five Miles Out (Remaster) Buckingham & McVie - S/T Michael Hutchence - S/T Roxy Music - Stranded (Remaster) Echo & the Bunnymen - Reverberation  Echo & the Bunnymen - Evergreen (Expanded)
    • After releasing two albums with AOR/Melodic Rock band Streets, ”1st” (1983) and ”Crimes In Mind” (1985), lead singer and keyboardist Steve Walsh returned to Kansas, to revive the band along with original members Phil Ehart (drums) and Rich Williams (Guitar). Furthermore, the lineup was completed by the addition of bassist Billy Greer (from Streets) and young, promising, former Dixie Dregs guitar man Steve Morse, who also contributed with composing skills and backing vocals. Eventually, the group’s ”Power” album was released in November of 1986, rather much to the vintage Kansas and Prog Rock purists dismissal, as I recall it. The heavier sound/direction and absence of violinist Robby Steinhardt, songwriter/keyboardist/guitarist Kerry Livgren and bassist Dave Hope were all contributing factors to the disapproval, it seems. However, mentioned ”Power” should perhaps instead be judged on its own merits, as it is what it is. Put out in a time when commercial Melodic Hardrock was very much in fashion, with FM rock radio and MTV as ever the important ingredients of daily life. In the end, the album actually landed at a respectable No. 35 on the Billboard chart, while the single/ballad ”All I Wanted” eventually rose to an even more impressive No. 19. Review by Thomas McFapperson 2024.        
    • They have a real knack for writing (and producing!) songs that could be featured in '80s coming of age films and I mean that in the most complimentary way possible. Really putting the retro in retrowave 
    • Gonna post this as just recently discovered them, and loving what they do. I know most here wont care due to not being their style or not singing in English, but as a Band Maid fan, this shit is right up my street. They are a South Korean band. Posting two songs. One original and one a cover (Maneskin, a band I dont really care about) which is kinda impressive seeing as the song is in Italian, a language they don't speak ha ha  
    • Autumn's Child - Zenith Nergard - Eternal White Winter's Verge - The Ballad Of James Tig Secret Rule - The Key To The World Alcyona - Trailblazer InterCore - Dreams For Sale Beneath My Sins - I Decide Ghostreaper - Straight Out Of Hell Voodoma - Hellbound Voodoma - Gotland Rachel Mother Goose - Synra Bansho Saeko - Holy Are We Alone Angelwings - Primordium Angelwings - The Edge Of Innocence Season Of Dreams - Heroes Season Of Dreams - My Shelter My Refuge - The Anger Is Never Over Crystallion - Head Or Tails Tragedian - Seven Dimensions Squealer - Insanity Squealer - Behind Closed Doors Operus - Score Of Nightmares Asgard - Ragnarøkkr Ani Lo. Projekt - A Time Called Forever Elegy Of Madness - Invisible World Crusade Of Bards - Tales Of Bards & Beasts Tarchon Fist - Apocalypse Born Again - True Heavy Nation ONCE - After Earth Crystal Tears - Decadence Deluxe Squealer - Behind Closed Doors Voodoma - Gotland Darkest Sins – The Broken Bad Sister - Out Of The Business + 1 (reissue) Bai Bang - Sha Na Na Na Barnabas Sky - What Comes To Light Soul Secret - Babel Star Queen - Your True Self Stone Lake - Uncharted Souls M.ill.ion - Electric + 1 (reissue) Nashville Pussy - Up The Dosage The Last Vegas - Eat Me Shev And The Brakes - s/t      
    • Lionheart - The Grace Of A Dragonfly

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.