What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Just ordered .....

Scorpions - Face The Heat

Scorpions - Pure Instinct

Just bought my first three CDs of the year!! Yup, 2012 has sucked so far. :masturbanana:

Metallica - BEYOND MAGNETIC EP

Megadeth - EXTENDED VERSIONS

Anthrax - EXTENDED VERSIONS

Price for all three was less than I would've paid for a single full length disc at most stores. :banana:

Now bring on the new Overkill and Accept albums, please!!

Just bought my first three CDs of the year!! Yup, 2012 has sucked so far. :masturbanana:

Price for all three was less than I would've paid for a single full length disc at most stores. :banana:

Now bring on the new Overkill and Accept albums, please!!

Extended Versions? Can you tell me some more information about these albums? :blink:

Extended Versions? Can you tell me some more information about these albums? :blink:

"Extended Versions" is a series of budget priced "live" compilation CDs from Sony/BMG, you can find'em in most stores for around five bucks. There seems to be a disc in this series for just about anybody who's ever recorded for Sony/BMG. The inside of each CD has a note that sez "Be sure to check out other Extended Version titles by..." and lists everybody from 38 Special to Pat Benatar to Motorhead to Foghat, Peter Frampton, Great White, Tesla and the Tubes!!

In most cases these discs are just edited/pared-down versions of previously-released material. The Megadeth one is made up of tracks from the RUDE AWAKENING 2-CD from some years back, and the Anthrax one is taken from the MUSIC OF MASS DESTRUCTION live disc.

...but since I didn't own either RUDE AWAKENING or MUSIC OF MASS DESTRUCTION, and they were cheap, I sez "Ehh, what the hell." :lol:

"Extended Versions" is a series of budget priced "live" compilation CDs from Sony/BMG, you can find'em in most stores for around five bucks. There seems to be a disc in this series for just about anybody who's ever recorded for Sony/BMG. The inside of each CD has a note that sez "Be sure to check out other Extended Version titles by..." and lists everybody from 38 Special to Pat Benatar to Motorhead to Foghat, Peter Frampton, Great White, Tesla and the Tubes!!

In most cases these discs are just edited/pared-down versions of previously-released material. The Megadeth one is made up of tracks from the RUDE AWAKENING 2-CD from some years back, and the Anthrax one is taken from the MUSIC OF MASS DESTRUCTION live disc.

...but since I didn't own either RUDE AWAKENING or MUSIC OF MASS DESTRUCTION, and they were cheap, I sez "Ehh, what the hell." :lol:

Thanks. I thought they are more "special something". :)

Metallica - BEYOND MAGNETIC

Is this worth buying? I loved Death Magnetic and wondered if this was worthy of that?

You hit up Walmart? :tumbsup:

Best Buy, actually... :lol:

Is this worth buying? I loved Death Magnetic and wondered if this was worthy of that?

Haven't given the Metallica EP enough spins yet for it to really "gel" but I guess if you dug D.M., then you'll dig this. Besides, it's only four songs so it's cheap. :)

First spin impression is that it has some nice riffs but also some of the rather silly lyrics that tended to bring DEATH MAGNETIC down. I swear, you could make a drinking game out of the song "One Bullet Away," every time James sez "Revolver" in that song, take a shot. You'll be totally smashed by the time the song's over :rofl2:

Haven't given the Metallica EP enough spins yet for it to really "gel" but I guess if you dug D.M., then you'll dig this. Besides, it's only four songs so it's cheap. :)

First spin impression is that it has some nice riffs but also some of the rather silly lyrics that tended to bring DEATH MAGNETIC down. I swear, you could make a drinking game out of the song "One Bullet Away," every time James sez "Revolver" in that song, take a shot. You'll be totally smashed by the time the song's over :rofl2:

I will add this to my want list now then, thanks for the reply :beerbang:

ooops double post

Dynazty - Sultans Of Sin

JSS - Damage Control (pre order)

HEAT - Adress The Nation (pre order)

[this is where 2012 officially starts for me.....cannot wait!!!!!!!]

Dynazty - Sultans Of Sin

JSS - Damage Control (pre order)

HEAT - Adress The Nation (pre order)

[this is where 2012 officially starts for me.....cannot wait!!!!!!!]

Backed. Don't have Dynazty on order yet, but hope to get from MBM soon, but it's good to see the year finally start for melodic hard rock, 3 months in!

yeah I snapped the local release of Beyond Magnetic yesterday, it's fairly cheap probably around $6,

how much is it on Best Buy ?

I got it for 4.99 at Best Buy.

Arrived in the last few days:

Ian Thomas - Levity

Magnus Baecklund - Never say never

7th Heaven - Pop Media

Uriah Heep - Sea of Light

Don Patrol - A Wire, a Deal and the Devil

Alan Parsons Project - Tales of Mystery and Imagination

Russ Taff - Under their Influence

Elevate - Every single Day

Foreigner - Mr. Moonlight