What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Andy Baum & the Trix - Extra Feathers

TAO - Magical Moments

The Almighty - Soul Destruction for £1

Mr Scary - 'The world can't wait' or whatever it's called?

Say thank you

To who? You? Fight me.

In the mail yesterday (Thanks Chris!):

RAW - 'Now we're cookin'

Moritz - 'City Streets'

NOW - Force of Nature (thanks Wotty !! :bowdown:)

Gotthard - Need to believe (Ltd. Edition Box)

Tara's Secret - Vertigo

Giant - Promise Land

Beefing up the collection with some cheap titles from the local used CD store... $46 total

Sevendust - Seasons

I Mother Earth - Earth, Sky and Everything In Between

Fastway - s/t

Saliva - Cinco Diablo

Saliva - Back Into Your System

Saliva - Every Six Seconds

The Union Underground - s/t

Carcass - Heartwork

Zebra - s/t

Manowar - Kings of Metal

Manowar - Fighting the World

Lillian Axe - Psychoskizophrenia

Dream Theater - Scenes From a Memory

Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos

Triumph - Allied Forces

Rainbow - The Very Best Of...

Beefing up the collection with some cheap titles from the local used CD store... $46 total

Sevendust - Seasons

Fastway - s/t

Saliva - Cinco Diablo

Carcass - Heartwork

Zebra - s/t

Manowar - Kings of Metal

Triumph - Allied Forces

Oooh, nice varied selection there. Which ones are you particularly fond of out of those? That Lillian Axe isn't my favourite of theres but does have a couple of songs which I'm particularly fond of (Day I Met You, Crucified) and Sevendust comes second for me just after Animosity. Oh and I've been looking to pick up some I Mother Earth too.

Recent purchases: Harem Scarem - S/T Japanese edition and Kick - Consider This...

Sevendust - Seasons

Fastway - s/t

Saliva - Cinco Diablo

Carcass - Heartwork

Zebra - s/t

Manowar - Kings of Metal

Triumph - Allied Forces

Nice pickups Pete. That Lillian Axe is killer as is the Sevendust.

Both Manowar's kick butt and the Rainbow is a nice compilation with a nice booklet. I have to admit that the Union Underground disc used to be a guilty pleasure of mine and I still own it. You can't go wrong with Fastway's debut either, classic album IMO.

Sevendust - Seasons

Fastway - s/t

Saliva - Cinco Diablo

Carcass - Heartwork

Zebra - s/t

Manowar - Kings of Metal

Triumph - Allied Forces

Oooh, nice varied selection there. Which ones are you particularly fond of out of those? That Lillian Axe isn't my favourite of theres but does have a couple of songs which I'm particularly fond of (Day I Met You, Crucified) and Sevendust comes second for me just after Animosity. Oh and I've been looking to pick up some I Mother Earth too.

Recent purchases: Harem Scarem - S/T Japanese edition and Kick - Consider This...

Thanks! Yeah, I love melodic rock, etc. but I'd be lying if I said I didn't dig some modern stuff too!

I think we're pretty much on the same page with a lot of your opinions too, right down to the Sevendust. Almost all of these with the exception of the I Mother Earth, I'm very familiar to the point where I think a couple of them I already own... oops... :anon: Love Saliva, great blend of modern rock edge with melodic sensibility and big hooks, the Triumph is probably my fav from them and that's just an upgrade from an old cassette. I have a real weakness for Carcass, it's like death metal vocals over straight ahead 80's metal.

I am looking forward to the IME, I have a few discs by them and like them all, weird band and hard to classify, but they lay down some cool grooves. :)

Nice one on the Harem Scarem btw, what's Kick like?

Sevendust - Seasons

Fastway - s/t

Saliva - Cinco Diablo

Carcass - Heartwork

Zebra - s/t

Manowar - Kings of Metal

Triumph - Allied Forces

Thanks! Yeah, I love melodic rock, etc. but I'd be lying if I said I didn't dig some modern stuff too!

I have a real weakness for Carcass, it's like death metal vocals over straight ahead 80's metal.

I was goin' to say, you don't look like the CARCASS type of guy..

HEARTWORK is probably their most commercial release..

When you get into SYMPHONIES OF SICKNESS or REEK OF PUTRIFICATION, gimme a yell.. :headbanger:

I think we're pretty much on the same page with a lot of your opinions too, right down to the Sevendust. Almost all of these with the exception of the I Mother Earth, I'm very familiar to the point where I think a couple of them I already own... oops... :anon: Love Saliva, great blend of modern rock edge with melodic sensibility and big hooks, the Triumph is probably my fav from them and that's just an upgrade from an old cassette. I have a real weakness for Carcass, it's like death metal vocals over straight ahead 80's metal.

I am looking forward to the IME, I have a few discs by them and like them all, weird band and hard to classify, but they lay down some cool grooves. :)

Hehe, yeah I agree! Nice to have a bit of variation. Saliva are pretty cool too. I have Back In Your System and Weight Of The World is an awesome song (fantastic chorus). IME are definitely weird, but like you said, they have a real groove based sound. I like a bit of alternative anyway :). The Kick disc is some good solid modern hard rock (modern for 1999 anyway). Need to give it a few more spins though.

Just made my order from NEH today:

Reckless Love - S/T

Nasty Idols - Boys Town

Crazy Lixx - New Religion (waiting impatiently)

Crashdiet - Generation Wild (waiting even more impatiently)

Sevendust - Seasons

Fastway - s/t

Saliva - Cinco Diablo

Carcass - Heartwork

Zebra - s/t

Manowar - Kings of Metal

Triumph - Allied Forces

I Mother Earth is an AMAZINGLY underated band!!! Open your mind real wide and appreciate...

W.E.T............W.e.t.

RAGE.............Strings To A Web

DREAM EVIL.......In The Night

GAMMA RAY........To the Metal

and the last 2 Angel releases I was looking for...

Angel......On Earth As It Is In Heaven

Angel......Sinful

Angel :headbanger: Some great pick up's there. :tumbsup: