Best "Underrated" album

Best Underrated Album  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

there are many albums out there that critically bombed, but were actually pretty good....which is your favourite?

BTW, i wasnt actually around in the 80s so if any of this albums were more succesful than i thought.....dont vote for them....

and just cause i listed them doesnt mean i like them..

aaaaand, i dont know of that many 80s hair bands, so forgive me if it seems to be mainstream pop-rock.

Europe - 'Out Of This World.

Not necessarily underrated, but didn't do as well as the previous 'Final Countdown'. In my opinion 'Out Of This World' is Europe's finest disc by far.

Special mention to Sambora's - 'Stranger In This Town' which is the best disc Bon Jovi never made.

Some releases listed I don't really feel were "underrated"... but I really like "Dancing Undercover" by Ratt. Just something about this release I have always loved. I'm going to see Ratt next weekend... It will be interesting to see if they play anything from "Dancing Undercover".

Not necessarily underrated, but didn't do as well as the previous 'Final Countdown'. In my opinion 'Out Of This World' is Europe's finest disc by far.

Special mention to Sambora's - 'Stranger In This Town' which is the best disc Bon Jovi never made.

i threw Sambora's in because its my personal fave of the lot (that and 7800) but it bombed in comparison to Jon Bon Jovi's Blaze Of Glory.

7800 Fahrenheit is the most underrated Bon Jovi disc imo.

It seems to only be remembered for "In and Out of Love" but there were many other great songs on that one.

"Price of Love", "Only Lonely", "Hardest Part is the Night", "Tokyo Road", "King of the Mountain" and "Secret Dreams" are all A+ songs IMO.

Cinderella, 'Long Cold Winter'...not sure if this was considered underrated either but it is the best of the lot.....

:agree:

It seems to only be remembered for "In and Out of Love" but there were many other great songs on that one.

"Price of Love", "Only Lonely", "Hardest Part is the Night", "Tokyo Road", "King of the Mountain" and "Secret Dreams" are all A+ songs IMO.

Backed! :drink:

"Long Cold Winter" by a mile...

You forgot "Silent Night" IMO probably the best on here.

I totally agree.

Backed. "Out of this World" is Europe's best album IMHO by a mile. Not a single filler tune. I didn't like many albums on your list, but I sure as hell liked this one.

Agreed.

I went with the Bon Jovi disc. I would have gone with Cinderella but that disc was a big seller.

Cinderella, 'Long Cold Winter'...not sure if this was considered underrated either but it is the best of the lot.....

:agree:

I agree with the above agreement.

ah, maybe i shoulda gone for Night Songs....

dont forget I Dont Wanna Fall (To The Fire)

i really love the sound they had on the first two albums but i cant find anything else like it, anyone care to point me in the right direction?

Agreed.

I went with the Bon Jovi disc. I would have gone with Cinderella but that disc was a big seller.

Yeah the underrated Cinderella cd is "Still Climbing" IMO.

Yeah the underrated Cinderella cd is "Still Climbing" IMO.

Backed. STILL CLIMBING rules. :banger:

That album was huge for Cinderella and their best easily.

• 2023 Gold Donors
Some releases listed I don't really feel were "underrated"... but I really like "Dancing Undercover" by Ratt. Just something about this release I have always loved. I'm going to see Ratt next weekend... It will be interesting to see if they play anything from "Dancing Undercover".

....im sure they'll do "Slip Of The Lip",its pretty much a staple in their live set.When i saw Pearcy' by himself awhile back he did 3 off DU "Slip","Body Talk" and "Dance".Enjoy the show!

This was a bitch for me, anybody who knows me, will never bring up Bon Jovi unless they want to talk about 7800, ive long praised it as the one and only "Real" BJ album, and then to hear them just shred it and degrade it and talk shit on it to the dude on VH1, was kind of like my approval, that it really is the best thing they ever did, hearing the garbage they do now, it really put it into context for me, but I was torn on this, because you don't get much better then Bulletboys - Freakshow, that is to this day the one and only BB disc I own, and I still pull it out and jam it at least 3 times a year, so I went with Bon Jovi, but it was more or less by default, since it has the seniority!

Stranger in this town should of put Sambora on the single artist chart . Undiscovered Soul failed to duplicate this album .

I vote for Stranger in this town .

Ratt Dancing Undercover is great too

Always Run to You from 7800 is my fav. Bon Jovi song Ever .