Best "Underrated" album

Best Underrated Album  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i really cant pick between 7800 and the S/T for Bon jovi.....i love them both, possibly two of my favourite albums ever (with Dr. Feelgood and Slave To The Grind.......the UYI albums by GnR were good too but just dont have the vibe that i get off the Skid, Crue and Jovi stuff)

Some releases listed I don't really feel were "underrated"... but I really like "Dancing Undercover" by Ratt. Just something about this release I have always loved. I'm going to see Ratt next weekend... It will be interesting to see if they play anything from "Dancing Undercover".

Love that album but had to go with Long Cold Winter which IMO is a classic. Great album. :banger:

I am going with Richie Sambora. Great and definitely underrated disc !!

• 2023 Gold Donors

When i think of "underrated" i don't think of any of these bands or any of these albums.Underrated to me would be a term that would definitely apply to: XYZ "S/T & Hungry",Leatherwolf,Badlands,Asphalt Ballet "S/T",TT Quick ,Y&T etc.....but of those listed Ratt gets the vote.

i meant underrated albums for relatively big bands...

Bon Jovi and Motley Crue were quite big, but those specific albums pretty much bombed.

Actually the Motley Crue "Theater of Pain" cd did really well.

It had two massive hit singles/videos with "Smokin in the Boys Room" and what many consider the first big Power Ballad in "Home Sweet Home". I'm not positive but I think it sold 2 or 3 million copies in America the year it came out. I'm not sure how it sold over in the UK and Europe though.

For me the big underrated cd for the Crue is the self-titled release with John Corabi on vocals, but that's just my opinion.

strange that poison has got so many votes, the Poison Vs Warrant stuff thats been on here suggests that theyre really not that popular.

Poison are only behind 14-9 ... it's just that anyone who is voting for Poison doesn't seem to want to post about it. :lol: I think there's a decent amount of people here who recognize Poison's excellence, especially when it comes to 'Look what the cat dragged in' (a classic). It's just that haters are more vocal.

Playa haters. Can't live with them, can't beat them up because they live overseas.

• 2 weeks later...
Special mention to Sambora's - 'Stranger In This Town' which is the best disc Bon Jovi never made.

Ha ha ! Totally agree !

Underrated can be rather ambiguous, if one wants it to be.

By my standards, I voted for Sambora's excellent "Stranger" , with BB's "Freakshow" coming in a relatively close 2nd.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bon Jovi's 7800º Fahrenheit for me. Although not as strong as the debut album, it has great tracks like "Price Of Love", "Always Run To You", "Hardest Part Is The Night" (one of my fave Bon Jovi tunes), "Tokyo Road", "Secret Dreams". Shame it is completely ignored by the band themselves, I think the last time they played live songs from this album was way back in '93.