New Releases now available from Retrospect Records

RECKLESS "No Frills" - finally available after 20 years as an official silver-pressed disc you don't want to miss out on this classy Melodic Hard Rock gem originally recorded in 1987.

HERMAN ZE GERMAN & FRIENDS - Originally released in 1985 , Scorpions drummer Herman Rarebell recorded this star-studded solo bonanza while the Scorps were on hiatus. This Hard Rockin' treasure features Don Dokken , Jack Russell , Juan Croucier , Steve Marriott and more!! Silver-Edition.

MASS "New Birth" - One of the most coveted Melodic Hard Rock / Metal releases of the mid-80s finally gets the official silver cd treatment and includes a nice 8-page booklet featuring lyrics , pics and liner notes by vocalist Louie St August. Best of all is that this cd is boosted by a never-before released bonus track taken from the "New Birth" sessions and never made it to the album. Essential for 80s Melodic Metal fans.

LAZY SUSAN "Bad Habit" - Sounding similar to Retrospect cohorts 'Buster Cherry' , this Hard Rockin quartet recorded this 7-song mini-album at the height of the no-talent flannel-soaked scene. The year was 1994 but it might as well have been 1989 for these Melodic Hard Rockers from Nashville. Guitarist Steve Purcell would go on to work with Ron Keel. Check out the sound samples - a nice addition to any 80s Hard Rock fan. This is a first time release on any format for Lazy Susan.

POYNT BLANKK "Any Questions?" - Re-release of this early 90s thrash indie and another notch on the belt of Retrospect subsidiary Retrothrash Records. Poynt Blankk hailed from Hawaii and could mosh with the best of em. Highly recommended to fans of Metallica , Megadeth , Suicidal Tendencies , Death Angel etc...

NANTUCKET "V" - Here it is , Nantucket's most AOR-sounding album finally issued on cd for the first time. Originally released in 1985 this disc is awashed in big harmony vocals , lotsa keyboards and some fiery musicianship.

TONS of new releases coming in the next few months including:

Tyger Tyger

Mariah 3

Ron Keel's 2 cd set Anthology including 8 unreleased tracks from Steeler , Fair Game and Lust (1980!!!)

Keel / Shortino

Side Kixx

Third Degree

Cuttlass

Warryor

Dyce

Lorraine

Fierce Heart

DC Star

Gerard McMann

Intrinsic

Fortress

Stiletto

Hamish

Staxx (1st album)

Tony Lee Wise

Bugsy Malone

Fury

Jester

Blue Tiger

Beggars Playground

Herazz 2 cd set

and LOTS more that I will not mention (but includes some BIIIIGGGG names) until releases dates are set in stone.

Thanks for supporting the largest re-issue label in the world.

Sam @ Retrospect Records....

Well... The releases just keep getting better and better.

Looking forward to many on the "soon to be released" list.

Hi Sam, how are the Rosie releases going, are they still gonna happen do you reckon?

Yours an impatient brat! :P

Sam, I see you have Nantucket listed in your current auctions. When will this disc and Reckless become available on your website?

As soon as the Reckless cd is added on the website I'll be buying it. :banger:

Sam, I see you have Nantucket listed in your current auctions. When will this disc and Reckless become available on your website?

I'll be keeping my eye out for that one too and the Mass - New Birth.

Mass is in Sam's current Ebay listings.

Don't release so many at once! God! Mass baby!!!! ive waited for fucking ever for New Birth! that's the shit right there, Im buying it right now!!!

Sam..is that Rosie the band from NH, that featured Hank Decken From nevada beach?

Yes, I saw that but I'm not interested in flushing my money down the toilet. Thanks for the heads up though. :tumbsup:

Yes, I saw that but I'm not interested in flushing my money down the toilet. Thanks for the heads up though. :tumbsup:

Update: Mass - New Birth is now on Sam's Retrospect website for $13.99. Someone recently paid $120.50 on ebay for it. :yikes:

• 2 weeks later...
All releases should be up this weekend except for Reckless which will be up next weekend.

thanks guys.

Still working on the Rosie stuff Nick. It will be coming soon.

VERY busy at the moment - sorry for being so quick

Sam

Any word on when RECKLESS "No Frills" will be available to order from the RR site?

• 2 weeks later...

if I missed it, I apologize...but did sam decide on a silver pressing for Lorraine or not? I see it is done and on ebay...just curious...

Sam,

In regards to the new Lorraine CD, Please comfirm if this the case??

The unofficial bootleg "Boys Nite Out" is silver pressed and the official Retrospect CD "Wanted" is a CDR??

Is this correct?

P.S. I'll stick my head out and say that new artwork on the new Lorraine CD is killer!! I know the artist that did it and all his CD artwork is excellent.

Kind regards

• 2021 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2021.

76% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • "Local News" doesn't even exist anymore.Right out of the gate they slam you with the Covid numbers...the body count...a clusterf__k of  negativity..maybe a little time for weather and sports and then newscast DONE! On radio - same thing  every half hour: rinse-wash-repeat.National / global depression,drug use,suicide rates still climbing....
    • As if we need something else to worry about but with overpopulation and a rapidly changing world due to climate issues..... In 2009, a patient in Japan developed a new fungal infection on their ear. The highly transmissible Candida auris fungus had been previously unknown to science (and resistant to the drugs available to treat it), but within a few years, cases started emerging in Venezuela, Iran, Russia, and South Africa. Scientists assumed that the spread was due to human travel, but when they sequenced the cases, they were surprised to find that these strains weren't closely related at all. Instead, scientists were seeing multiple, independent infections of an unknown fungal disease, emerging around the world, all at the same time. About a third of people infected with Candida auris die from the infection within 30 days, and there have now been thousands of cases in 47 countries. Some scientists think this sudden boom in global cases is a harbinger of things to come.
    • Agreed. I subbed to Russell Brand starting about 2 months ago. Yes, he's on the Left, but VERY even-handed IMO.
    • It's so hard to find unbiased info on anything these days...I just wish this virus wasn't being politicized...trust the science...once the science figures out wtf is going on which it hasn't yet....
    • Did you hear the fabled "roadmap to reopening the borders" has now been halted/delayed due the new (horrified screaming) variants? It's so predictable and the media machine are backing the states the whole way. More people at home, more people watching TV, more people buying shit from billionaires, more money for advertising, more wages for journalists , more votes for the government, more laws to control the populace. Win win win for elites.
    • This is currently the best independent media commentator on the internet. He comes from the Left, but old-school classical liberal and not the new devisive identity politics. Here he is discussing the shit going down in Australia.  
    • Gotta love the irresponsible national / global media."The new normal" for these idiots is the endless,fear mongering ritual abuse of the populace where any news on the "virus".."variants"..etc brings another flogging with the covid stick.Anyone who dares to question the over-reaching actions by government,"the science" or the asinine-repetitive-exploitive newsroom press propaganda are labeled a "conspiracy theorist"..or misinformation spreader...we've seen it all before -  try it on someone else.
    • Erik sounds good but song does little for me.  Really don't like the chorus...if you can even call that a chorus.
    • Got my refund today, fucking stupid, I was looking forward to this, oh well Loudness in March, havent seen them since 82, I was 5, my very first concert, super stoked for that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.