What are the rarest cd`s that no one can seem to find?

frogstomp

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lots of looks but no replys..come on guys ;-)

It's almost impossible to reply :(

It depends of the music style ...etc

The question sounds a little Kaufmann-esque. Please reply when?

Yes, I thought the same... But no caps lock here... :)

Oh Lord, PLEASE let's not start that joke up again... :crazy:

For me the hardest ones I have been trying to find are...

Dead End-Ghost Of Romance

Dead End-Shambara

Oz-Fire in the Brain

Celtic Frost-Cold Lake

Pat Travers Black Pearl....All These I haven't been able to find

or find for a reasonable amount...

Two CD's that ALWAYS seem to allude me are

Giraffe - The View From Here

and

Giraffe - The Power of Suggestion

I've never seen View from Here up for sale and everytime Powr of Suggestion comes up it goes for silly money.

Yes, I thought the same... But no caps lock here... :)

No this isn't the same guy. He even did an introduction when he joined I believe.

Frogstomp joined up around the same time Keith did, but has been awful silent for a long time.

I can't find the following:

Alyson Avenue - Presence of Mind

Coastline - S/T

They seem to have disappeared from the market. <_<

Coastline - S/T

Thomas, who was the guitarist of Coastline, is a member of this fine site. Maybe if you give a PM, and see if he got any spare copy of his cd. I think the record company that Coastline was sign to has gonna belly up.

Coastline - S/T

Thomas, who was the guitarist of Coastline, is a member of this fine site. Maybe if you give a PM, and see if he got any spare copy of his cd. I think the record company that Coastline was sign to has gonna belly up.

Thanks for the tip, mate !! :) I just did send Thomas a PM.

Let's wait and see !

:drink:

Just wondering what the rarest of the rare are that none can seem to find and that everyone wants.

Not sure about the 'everyone wants' part, but these 3 CDs have eluded me for quite some time and appear to be harder to find than a pork-chop at a Muslim convention:

ROMEOS TEARZ: "After Dark"

PARADISE: "Prime Cut"

KIDD SKRUFF: "Angels With Dirty Faces"

Almost had the Romeos Tearz once, then the seller got a better offer and bolted without so much as a 'fare thee well.' :thppt: The Paradise I've only seen once, on eBay, and it went for a small fortune that probably could've cleared up the gross national debt of some third world country. I know Jim (Patton) has the Kidd Skruff, but he's the only one I'm aware of, and extensive searching on my part has yielded exactly zilch. So, yeah, those be some elusive mothers... :doh:

Just wondering what the rarest of the rare are that none can seem to find and that everyone wants.

Not sure about the 'everyone wants' part, but these 3 CDs have eluded me for quite some time and appear to be harder to find than a pork-chop at a Muslim convention:

ROMEOS TEARZ: "After Dark"

PARADISE: "Prime Cut"

KIDD SKRUFF: "Angels With Dirty Faces"

Almost had the Romeos Tearz once, then the seller got a better offer and bolted without so much as a 'fare thee well.' :thppt: The Paradise I've only seen once, on eBay, and it went for a small fortune that probably could've cleared up the gross national debt of some third world country. I know Jim (Patton) has the Kidd Skruff, but he's the only one I'm aware of, and extensive searching on my part has yielded exactly zilch. So, yeah, those be some elusive mothers... :doh:

jlprocks won the paradise - prime cut cd on ebay if I recall correctly.

romeos tearz went for small change on ebay recently.

both are great cds!!!

whats kidd skruff like?

I found one today at a used cd shop that I had been looking for, for the last 3-4 years, FUNHOUSE/Hazardous to Your Health on Wolfe Records. Wolfe Records was owned by the owner of the legendary Galaxy Nightclub in Sommerdale, NJ the studio was upstairs. I have most of the vinyl releases, but the cds are harder to come by since they were released in the late 80's in small numbers, I'm trying to collect the full catalog from Wolfe Records, so if anyone has any lps tapes cd's on Wolfe let me know. thanks..

I found one today at a used cd shop that I had been looking for, for the last 3-4 years, FUNHOUSE/Hazardous to Your Health on Wolfe Records. Wolfe Records was owned by the owner of the legendary Galaxy Nightclub in Sommerdale, NJ the studio was upstairs. I have most of the vinyl releases, but the cds are harder to come by since they were released in the late 80's in small numbers, I'm trying to collect the full catalog from Wolfe Records, so if anyone has any lps tapes cd's on Wolfe let me know. thanks..

I thought wolfe records only released 3 titles on CD, ivory tower, fun house & another band who's name escapes me. what else is there?

• 1 month later...

A few CDs that I don't know a lot of people getting their hands on are:

Harem Scarem - DEMO (not many outside of the band with an original, maybe 1 or 2 if that)

KK - Cocaine Cowboy

Rock Boulevard - s/t

D.V.S. - Survival

Laurence Archer - LA

Friction - Baby Talk

Hard Knox - Psycho's R Us

Theatre - Sexy Lady

To name a few, heck even an original Surrender - s/t.

• 2 weeks later...

John O' Banion - White Light. I saw it on ebay a couple of years back gut got outbid, now I'm mad trying to find it!

• 3 weeks later...

Roxxi - Drive It To Ya Hard !

Blackboard Jungle - I Like It Alot

A few CDs that I don't know a lot of people getting their hands on are:

Harem Scarem - DEMO (not many outside of the band with an original, maybe 1 or 2 if that)

KK - Cocaine Cowboy

Rock Boulevard - s/t

D.V.S. - Survival

Laurence Archer - LA

Friction - Baby Talk

Hard Knox - Psycho's R Us

Theatre - Sexy Lady

To name a few, heck even an original Surrender - s/t.

Yeah, that's a good list of elusive originals. I just had the Laurence Archer - LA (with OBI), but, won't get into what it went for- let's just say records were broken, lol. Ironically, being it was only released in Japan in 1986 on the small NEC label, the disc went "back" to a Japanese collector.

The KK Wilde, is certainly up there as well.

I'd have to add the original 1984 promo-only release by female fronted rockers Widow. The disc was released only in Japan by CBS/Sony records, as a promo-only (without a front insert... only featured the tray card- with band info/tracklisting, etc) and a disc). I've had it on two occasions, last time, about 5 yrs ago or so. From my experience, that's appeared to have been one of the most elusive CDs in the hard rock/AOR/metal genre to obtain over the years.

There are countless CDs out there which were pressed in very limited quantities originally (100 copies... 200 copies... or 50 copies, as was the case with the original Harem Scarem demo... a side note about that one, if anyone own the "Early years" import from Japan, there's a story about that one, involving Harry, and Kissmydisc, directly in making that one happen, even though it isn't a very pleasant story for KMD, lol).

But, to add to the list, I'd have to say... the toughest, most coveted originals out there would include:

Harem Scarem - Original demo CD

Widow - Original 1984 promo only debut CD

Laurence Archer - LA

Klaatu - Strange (1991, indie from Eastern Europe, identical to Syndia I'm told, I've never been able to find one)

Original CDs by bands like Hit the ground runnin' (sudden impact), Barely Legal, etc, etc... and many others only continue to become more scarce every year.

These lists are good, and fun... but, there's always the risk of lists like this serving as nothing more than a "to-do" list for bootleggers, hence it's better to reserve the most obvious top guns to the collectors who know what they are, and leave the pirates where they belong... in the rear view mirror. ;)

Season's Greetings to all!

PJ

These lists are good, and fun... but, there's always the risk of lists like this serving as nothing more than a "to-do" list for bootleggers, hence it's better to reserve the most obvious top guns to the collectors who know what they are, and leave the pirates where they belong... in the rear view mirror. ;)

LOL :rofl2: