What are the rarest cd`s that no one can seem to find?

frogstomp

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well well well… you (80sMetalollector) out bid me on a Widow – Gone Too Far on ebay a few years ago ($86) and two months after that you were selling them left and right for $40 or so. Why would you pay $86 and two months later sell (tons of copies [key word copies]) for $40 to $50 less then what you paid. And how did you all of the sudden get so many copies…. Sounds fishy to me.

Metal-4-Ever

• 5 weeks later...
IVORY TOWER - HEART OF THE CITY (Original Wolfe Records Pressing)

About two years ago I was walking thru a thrift store, on the top of a pile of cd was Ivory Tower Heart of the City the orginal Wolfe Records pressing, it cost me 2 bucks!!!! The only other Wolfe Records cd I have is Funhouse? Not sure how many cd's Wolfe Records released?

Well well well… you (80sMetalollector) out bid me on a Widow – Gone Too Far on ebay a few years ago ($86) and two months after that you were selling them left and right for $40 or so. Why would you pay $86 and two months later sell (tons of copies [key word copies]) for $40 to $50 less then what you paid. And how did you all of the sudden get so many copies…. Sounds fishy to me.

Metal-4-Ever

It's amazing what happens when you contact the band and/or go into partnership with the issuing label.

How's that for fishy , chucklenuts?

Hey 80sMetalollector,

You say that, but Sweet Teaze did not like your deal “I will sell your stuff and tell you later”. How many times have you made that deal with these bands? I just find it fishy that you got the Widow CD, and then you found the band or label (doubt it, with it only being a promo) and had a contract made up in 2 months time. Is it possible? Yes, likely no. But let’s say for your sake it happened, you have still sold as many copies as were most likely ever pressed (you are claiming these to be originals). That’s why I say fishy.

Metal-4-Ever

Hey 80sMetalollector,

You say that, but Sweet Teaze did not like your deal “I will sell your stuff and tell you later”. How many times have you made that deal with these bands? I just find it fishy that you got the Widow CD, and then you found the band or label (doubt it, with it only being a promo) and had a contract made up in 2 months time. Is it possible? Yes, likely no. But let’s say for your sake it happened, you have still sold as many copies as were most likely ever pressed (you are claiming these to be originals). That’s why I say fishy.

Metal-4-Ever

You're using the Sweet Teaze issue to base your opinion on? Other than that....have you not paid attention to what actual artists Retrospect does have signed? Keel......Shortino....Rarebell....etc....etc....why would Widow be any different?

Two months time? Sam got ahold of an original Widow promo and used the information from that to do his research. Do you know how long ago that was?? I didn't think so. It was almost two years ago. How do I know? Because he called me immediately and asked me if I knew of it....

Did you question Lonnie and his new company with "I think it's fishy that there's no way on Earth...because I could never do it.....contact Hurricane and their Japanese label to get their material released....??" Do you think that's fishy??

"you have still sold as many copies as were most likely ever pressed"........both parts of this statement as you use it as basis for your argument are purely speculative. You actually have no idea as to 1.) How many he's sold and 2.) How many were manufactured

I mean....some of the stuff you guys use as 'facts' are a joke.........

*You're using the Sweet Teaze issue to base your opinion on? Other than that....have you not paid attention to what actual artists Retrospect does have signed? Keel......Shortino....Rarebell....etc....etc....why would Widow be any different?

I used Sweet Teaze as an example that others know about, if I used the band Terra (Flames of Passion) who has been bootlegged, a lot of you would say who! Did I say anywhere that everything that retrospect puts out are bootlegs?

*Two months time? Sam got ahold of an original Widow promo and used the information from that to do his research. Do you know how long ago that was?? I didn't think so. It was almost two years ago. How do I know? Because he called me immediately and asked me if I knew of it....

Do I know how long it was…. Look up on my first post (to 80sMetalollector) when I said "a few years ago", so I think I do.

*Did you question Lonnie and his new company with "I think it's fishy that there's no way on Earth...because I could never do it.....contact Hurricane and their Japanese label to get their material released....??" Do you think that's fishy??

Are you really interested in my opinion? I am going to watch the backs of all the collectors here on heavyharmonies. I have seen posts time and time again bashing on retrospect (selling bootlegs on ebay) and I have never once got involved. But now that retrospect is posting here trying to sell potential bootlegs to my HH friends, I have to say something. I have stated my opinion (key word opinion), and you can chose to listen to it or not.

*"you have still sold as many copies as were most likely ever pressed"........both parts of this statement as you use it as basis for your argument are purely speculative. You actually have no idea as to 1.) How many he's sold and 2.) How many were manufactured

I mean....some of the stuff you guys use as 'facts' are a joke.........

Again, I shared my opinion, and some may agree that it seems fishy, and some will disagree (apparently). So I'm glad you expressed your side of the coin, honestly that is what I was looking for. I whish it could be proven that they are real CDs, that would be great!

Keep it honest and keep it metal.

Metal-4-Ever

Research?

Aquired rights?

How stupid do you suspect the minions you preach to, really are?

The rights to Widow's debut belonged (and in all likelyhood still do), to CBS/Sony records Japan.

How's your Japanese Sam?

Jokes aside... anyone with the IQ of a blank cdr, will have enough reason to figure that no multi-million dollar entity like Sony records (Nippon), would devote resources to entertain offers of a few thousand dollars (the only amount lucrative enough for a potential reissusing agent) to buy the rights to anything they own. The concept of a "label" like Retrospect, approaching Sony records Japan with an "offer" to aquire the rights to the music for a subsequent reissue, is about as legitimate as the concept of democracy and capitalism was to Josef Stalin.

I'm stayin' out of the above conversation, but I wanted to mention one CD that has eluded me for some time now. (Hey PJ, this one is a Japanese disc, maybe you can help me out here?)

bullet_train_single.jpg

This is a 3-track single released only in Japan in 1998 on the now-defunct Zero label, and in addition to the JUGULATOR track "Bullet Train" it features two exclusive songs: re-recorded versions of the classic Priest tracks "Rapid Fire" and "Green Manalishi." I was always curious to hear the re-worked versions of those oldies with Ripper Owens on vocals, however, the one time I held a copy in my hands in the late 90s I had a stack of other stuff I wanted to buy and not enough $$. So like an idiot I put this Priest disc back and figured I could pick it up at a later date. You guessed it... when I went back to the store for it a few days later, it was gone. D'OH! : :doh: Story of my life!!

I'm stayin' out of the above conversation, but I wanted to mention one CD that has eluded me for some time now. (Hey PJ, this one is a Japanese disc, maybe you can help me out here?)

bullet_train_single.jpg

This is a 3-track single released only in Japan in 1998 on the now-defunct Zero label, and in addition to the JUGULATOR track "Bullet Train" it features two exclusive songs: re-recorded versions of the classic Priest tracks "Rapid Fire" and "Green Manalishi." I was always curious to hear the re-worked versions of those oldies with Ripper Owens on vocals, however, the one time I held a copy in my hands in the late 90s I had a stack of other stuff I wanted to buy and not enough $$. So like an idiot I put this Priest disc back and figured I could pick it up at a later date. You guessed it... when I went back to the store for it a few days later, it was gone. D'OH! : :doh: Story of my life!!

Freddy, you might have to open up an Ebay account to find that bad boy. :lol:

I look thru the Priest stuff on eBay once in a while on a whim just to see if one turns up and so far, no luck. Sigh. :(

I look thru the Priest stuff on eBay once in a while on a whim just to see if one turns up and so far, no luck. Sigh. :(

Patience is a virtue, it sucks to wait for something you really want. I should know I probably paid way to much for that Banshee disc, but it was worth it.

Here you go Freddy...get ready to start using EBAY!!!

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?c...rain&category0=

Son of a bitch, there it is!! :banana:

My wife used to have an eBay account when we were stocking up on baby stuff, I wonder if it's still active... and if so, wonder if I can convince her to let me spend $24.99 plus five bucks shipping for a three-song CD. Maybe I can convince her to get it for me as a Valentine's Day present? :P

Thanks for the tip!

Son of a bitch, there it is!! :banana:

My wife used to have an eBay account when we were stocking up on baby stuff, I wonder if it's still active... and if so, wonder if I can convince her to let me spend $24.99 plus five bucks shipping for a three-song CD. Maybe I can convince her to get it for me as a Valentine's Day present? :P

Thanks for the tip!

Tell her you'll go see a chick flick with her.

bullet_train_single.jpg

Im not sure if it was you (the HH alias is different from the eBay name) but I just sold this- I had one in my catalog (eBay seller name: EAROTIC). If it was you who bought it, glad I could help... if it weren't, PM me, and I'll help you out- it's not an expensive disc and not that tough for me to aquire.

Cheers,

PJ

You dudes don't know what hard is until you try to locate Tulsa Glam Metal. It's hard as hell to find.

Aristaya-I'm guessing this was a Tulsa band. They have ties to Broken Arrow anyway. Just found the one demo.

Beast-aka Doxy, only pressed on vinyl. I have never seen it and I've barely met anyone who has.

Doxy-Innocent Til Proven Nasty, only released on cassette. I have a copy, but it's impossible to find.

Firstryke-Only pressed on vinyl and cassette. Near impossible to find. Only saw it once and it was $50 used and $75 new on vinyl.

Flaxen Harlot-can't find anything

Hard To Get-My friend Jimmy is the lead singer in the band and he's trying to hook me up

High Dollar-Same as Hard To Get

Iron Crucifix-barely heard of it

Jungle Blue-only one demo and I found it on accident. I really hope there is more.

KlockWorq-only one demo and I'm lucky I found that

L.O.U.D.-One of the luckiest finds ever. They have another elusive Tulsa demo floating around out there.

Pray Naked-can't find anything

Stick & Move-barely heard of it

I challege anybody to find this stuff. You'll pull your hair out trying.

You dudes don't know what hard is until you try to locate Tulsa Glam Metal. It's hard as hell to find.

Aristaya-I'm guessing this was a Tulsa band. They have ties to Broken Arrow anyway. Just found the one demo.

Beast-aka Doxy, only pressed on vinyl. I have never seen it and I've barely met anyone who has.

Doxy-Innocent Til Proven Nasty, only released on cassette. I have a copy, but it's impossible to find.

Firstryke-Only pressed on vinyl and cassette. Near impossible to find. Only saw it once and it was $50 used and $75 new on vinyl.

Hard To Get-My friend Jimmy is the lead singer in the band and he's trying to hook me up

Jungle Blue-only one demo and I found it on accident. I really hope there is more.

L.O.U.D.-One of the luckiest finds ever. They have another elusive Tulsa demo floating around out there.

I predict you will be getting a visit from PJ or atleast your state & we 'll see all these so called mega rare gems of yours on ebay :)

MONRO-s/t(silver-pressed, original, not re-issue and not re print) on CD was a tough mother@#$% to find. I believe its still as rare as it gets. I challange you to find this gem in a mint+condition with OBI...

Also,

Oslo-s/t

Theatre-Sexy Lady

Bronx Zoo-Lustfull Thinking( found it in DC used CD store back in 2003; I was staring at it in disbelief for a while:)) at a $4.99 parice tag on it. The worse part is that one of the movers who was helping me to relocate stepped on it and cracked it half. Up to this day I cannot get over it.

I predict you will be getting a visit from PJ or atleast your state & we 'll see all these so called mega rare gems of yours on ebay :)

LMAO... Andy, great to see you still have your sense of humor, lol. I've been to Tulsa on a few occasions, but... since their strip bars close by midnight, my visits to the state were never long enough to pick up any of these Tulsa "must-have-cassettes". ;) Besides... while there is a ton of great stuff on cassette/vinyl that never made it onto CD, I'm still way in over my head with CDs alone. :)

Still laughin' though... loved that comment Andy- thanks for payin' tribute/reverence to the "legend", lol.

Cheers bro!

PJ

The Firststyke Is one I'd like to find...or at least hear...

On second thought....

(sound of a helicopter takin' off...)

(sound of a helicopter landing...)

Thanks for the tip Andy. I'm reporting live, on location, from Tulsa, OK as we speak. I'm lookin' around, and... I don't see much here. I see a few cattle ranches around me, and what appears to be a gas station... but nothing that might contain used CDs inside...

One of the locals here has just informed me there is a small pawn shop a few miles down south...

(sound of helicopter taking off...)

(sound of helicopter landing...)

After landing next to what appears to be the only used CD shop in the state, I'm proud to say I've walked out with the mythical... hair metal indie from Oklahoma, by the band "PANTIES"... CD titled "Around your ankles" (1987 indie release). For nearly two decades a CD that's been found only on the wantlists of countless collectors... it appears KMD has once again proven the skeptics wrong and delivered another monster piece.

Back to you Andy.

PS... The moral of this story? Don't drink and surf the web... lol. ;) Cheers to all from Japan! ;) (Or, Kanpai, as we say here).