Def Leppard - High & Dry: Favorite Song

Def Leppard - High & Dry  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Title track for me... has a better "get f**ked up till you can't stand up" partying song ever been written?

Title track for me... has a better "get f**ked up till you can't stand up" partying song ever been written?

Same here!! I Think you hit it right on the head Keef...Probably the greatest party

song ever...And this is Def Lep's Crowning achievement IMO!!One of my Faves

of all time...a Classic!!! :banger:

Title track for me as well, but only because Me & My Wine was left off for some reason (shame on you Wes :butt: )

I'm with Wes on this also...by far their best release. You can keep your Adrenalize crap...I'll take this anyday!

JL

Title track for me as well, but only because Me & My Wine was left off for some reason (shame on you Wes :butt: )

I'm with Wes on this also...by far their best release. You can keep your Adrenalize crap...I'll take this anyday!

JL

I don't think Me & My Wine was released on this originally was it? I thought It was just a single release??

hard choice but I went with Lady Strange

I don't think Me & My Wine was released on this originally was it? I thought It was just a single release??

hard choice but I went with Lady Strange

"Me & My Wine" wasn't on the original 1981 release but after "Pyromania" blew up in '83-'84 they re-released the album with "Me & My Wine" and a "remix" of "Bringin' On The Heartbreak" (with unnecessary keyboards added in) included as bonus tracks. Legend has it that the keyboards on the "B.O.T.H." remix were played by Thomas Dolby (yea, the "She Blinded Me With Science" guy) but he was credited under a fake name on the album sleeve...something to do with Leppard not wanting to piss off their "rock" audience by associating with a synth-pop guy...

JL

The reason I didn't include it is because it wasn't released on the orginal version.

I know you can get it on import and it was on the re-released version of the cassette, but it's never been released in America on cd.

Looks like I'm the first whuss to choose 'Bringin' on the heartbreak'. Love that tune... the only one off this disc that ever made it onto any compilations/my Ipod. Not to say it's not a very good disc... but only that one tune really gets me. :)

JL

The reason I didn't include it is because it wasn't released on the orginal version.

I know you can get it on import and it was on the re-released version of the cassette, but it's never been released in America on cd.

It actually was released with those tracks here also. I bought my copy still sealed in the long box from Radio Shack in 1992. It had both tracks & they have never carried an import since they have been open. Oh how times have changed...........

JL

Had to go for High n Dry, but it's tough. Fer me it's the best DL album, I love the rough feel and after this I feel everything became bit to samey and polished...but this album still rocks.

"Let It Go"!!!

You have exquisite taste madam. :drink:

Anyone who states that the Paul Rodgers led Bad Company is really the only Bad Company, knows what he is talking about :lol::tumbsup: .

I agree with you on this aswell Bluey :drink:

"Let It Go"!!!

You have exquisite taste madam. :drink:

Anyone who states that the Paul Rodgers led Bad Company is really the only Bad Company, knows what he is talking about :lol::tumbsup: .

I agree with you on this aswell Bluey :drink:

Ah, the man with good taste weighs in. :drink:

I'm kind of suprised that "Bringin' on the Heartbreak" has only 2 votes.

I don't know, for me that song is overplayed (by this album standards) and the other great songs get passed by. I didn't think it was a great ballad. A good one but not great. So just on the fact that the song gets skipped a lot because I like to hear the songs that I never get to hear unless I put this disc in, this gets pushed down toward the bottom of the list