It's that time again... 2009 donation drive

Yes kiddies, it's that wonderful time of the year, time for the quasi-annual Heavy Harmonies donation drive. It's part of what enables HH to remain free for everyone to use. :)

Keeping the site going costs bucks, and as you can see from the donations page, it's not uncommon to go a month or so without any donations at all...

I realize that times are tough for everyone, and with the economy being as craptacular as it is, everyone's counting their pennies. Unfortunately, the company that provides the server, the server admin, and the bandwidth, doesn't give me a break because the economy sucks. :(

In addition to the hard server costs, there are additional monthly fees for this board and the radio station feed. All told, my costs run about $200 a month.

The drive will run through June 15.

No great ideas for the prizes, so I'm going to simplify a bit:

1. For every $5 you donate, you'll get an entry into a drawing I'll hold the last week of June following the end of the donation drive. There will be 5 sets of prizes, each containing 5-10 random CDs. Some will be HH-worthy, some will be complete and utter crap... basically what I have lying around. But hey, isn't it fun getting random CDs in the mail for free, no matter how useless they are? :lol:

2. Shipping and insurance of the prizes is on me; CDs will be shipped without jewel cases to save on postage.

3. At the end of the drive, donors will be listed on the donors page unless you prefer not to be listed.

4. PayPal donation links are found at the top of all the pages on the main site, or if you'd prefer to send a money order, check, or cash (not recommended, but I know some people prefer to do so), you can make payable to Dan Harding and send to:

Heavy Harmonies
    P.O. Box 17212
    Urbana, IL 61803
    USA

Regardless of the form of the prizes, please donate because you enjoy using the site, not because you think you might win a prize.

Once again, your support is greatly appreciated! :dance:

-Dan

Done ! :drink:

Done. :tumbsup: Thanks, Dan for running such a classy website. :bowdown:

Thanks to those who have donated thus far. Every little bit helps! So far $205 has been donated, which will cover a month's worth of site expenses.

Keep 'em comin' :christmas:

-Dan

I'll pitch in as soon as my first check comes next week. I'd die without HH. :lol:

:)

Thanks to those who have donated thus far. Every little bit helps! So far $205 has been donated, which will cover a month's worth of site expenses.

Keep 'em comin' :christmas:

-Dan

I'll pitch in as soon as my first check comes next week. I'd die without HH. :lol:

:)

Agree with rob.. Me Too, i´ll donate $10 or maybe $20 just because of The Cause hehe.. This Site is a Cult Site :bowdown: . Oh yeah, i´ll go for some CDs for free hehe..

:tumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry waiting to fix my paypal log-in before donating - somebody had hacked into it so it's been locked. You'll definitely get a donation from me....

• 3 weeks later...

With 1 week left to go in the donation drive, things have really tapered off (as to be expected).

So far enough has been donated to cover 3 months of site expenses.

To those who have donated: thanks!!!

To those who haven't: Vee haff vays off findeenk ver you liff und vee vill hunt you down like ze mizerable schwein you are! :lol:

So if you haven't paid your bar tab, belly up to the bar and pay up! And you just might win some random and sundry crappy CDs to boot.

Thanks!

-Dan

Well after all is said and done the grand total was 102 separate donations which will cover 6 months of operating costs.

Thanks to everyone who donated!

And now the important stuff - the winners of the crappy CDs! Remember, this is random dreck. Not to be mistaken for gems of any kind! :lol:

The 5 winners are, in no particular order:

Christine Besser

Jeff Scanlon

Tim Robertson

Michael Prymula

Stephen Wingert

My apologies to the winners! :christmas:

Please PM or email me your shipping addresses and I will get the CDs out to you at some point in the next 7 years. CDs will be shipped sans jewel cases... deal with it. :lol:

Thanks again to everyone who participated!

-Dan