What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Well I've got a 1 hour drive to do jury duty (yeehaw) tomorrow and then it's off hunting. Hopefully something good will turn up because there hasn't been much of anything lately. I did pick up that Bangkok Shock cd "Back on the Streets" and plan to give it a spin tomorrow. Also got something called Planet P Project w/Tony Carey (love the song he did called "Fine Fine Day") but have no idea how this sounds. Also Alice Cooper "Dada" and Quiet Riot "Winners Take All" (my first ever QR purchase on CD).

Guest jay ZO2

Last week at his concert I picked up Mark Woods CD These Are A Few Of My Favorite things. It's a blend of his violin and cliassical tastes with the rock elements. Kind of like Trans0Siberian Orchestra. Pretty damn awesome if you like that kind of thing.

Today I picked up:

Blackeyed Susan--Electric Rattlebone

MSG--Save Yourself

Scorpions--Animal Magnetism

Nitro--O.F.R.

Loudness--Soldier of Fortune

and Big Head Todd & The Monsters--Riviera

I've been looking for an album called 'Buried In Your Black Heart' by a band called, The Burden Brothers. It may not be out yet, I don't know? I have downloaded a few songs to listen to until I find the CD. So far it sounds great. The lead singer is formally from a band called Toadies. I loved that band, too bad they broke up. The seems to happen to me alot with bands I like. Oh well, at least I got to see them live once before they broke up.

;)

Albums that are coming out soon that I'm waiting for:

1. Burden Brothers - Buried In Your Black Heart

2. Tesla - Into The Now

3. Black Label Society - Hangover Music Vol. VI

4. Josh Todd - You Made Me

Just bought a CD off eBay that is supposed to sound like the Marvelous 3, so we'll see. It was Blindside Seven. Cross your fingers. At least it wasn't too expensive.

didnt mean to go shopping today, but it just kinda happened (as we all know it does) and im glad it did!

bon jovi- keep the faith

nelson- after the rain

tuff- what comes around goes around

and todays favourite:

bb steal- (dont you) love me and leave me cd single (i assume its the single for this track, it only actually says "bb steal" on the front, but the version of "heartbeat away" is different to the album version, cool!

the lot for about $6US:)

Also got something called Planet P Project w/Tony Carey (love the song he did called "Fine Fine Day") but have no idea how this sounds.

Blue, is this the Planet P with "Why Me?" I'm dyin' to find that one! "Fine Fine Day" is such a great song but it never got much attention in the US, although MTV (back when they actually played MUSIC!) had the video in light rotation. I hear it on XM's 80's channel every once in a while.

Also got something called Planet P Project w/Tony Carey (love the song he did called "Fine Fine Day") but have no idea how this sounds.

Blue, is this the Planet P with "Why Me?" I'm dyin' to find that one! "Fine Fine Day" is such a great song but it never got much attention in the US, although MTV (back when they actually played MUSIC!) had the video in light rotation. I hear it on XM's 80's channel every once in a while.

Why yes it is! In fact that's the best song on the disc. The album sort of sounds like 80's Pink Floyd. It's alright but a little mellow for me. But I really like the song "Why Me" and it really stands out because it's the most upbeat track on the disc.

This week's purchases:

PUMP: "Against Everyone's Advice"

PINK CREAM 69: "Thunderdome"

JADED HEART: "Trust"

TURI: "Insanity"

WARP DRIVE: "Gimme Gimme"

FLAME: "Blaze"

PRIMAL FEAR: "Devil's Ground"

SHYLOCK: "Welcome to Illusion"

VICE: "Second Excess"

Yes, folks, it's been a good week. Too bad I'm supposed to be saving for my wedding, so my girlfriend wants to kill me... :lol:

Keep the faith.

Mark

Let's see, I've gotten quite a few goodies in the last week:

Moxy - V (Good Canadian hard rock!)

Seduce - S/T

Britton - Unleashed (similar sound to Dokken)

Heyday - S/T (Obscure NY band...kinda funky,kinda bluesy ,hard rock)

Roxus - Nightstreet

Montrose - The Very Best of Montrose (Excellent collection!)

Scarecrow - S/T

Scarecrow - A Touch of Madness

Sleazy - big A....

Sleazy - Wipe Out

Wiser Sin - S/T

Wiser Sin - 2x the End

Rick Springfield - Shock, Denial, Anger, Acceptance (eh.....ok so far)

Total Eclipse - S/T (NOT bad at all)

Erik Turner - Demos For DieHards (HIGHLY recommend this!!! OMG!!!! Sound quality isn't the BEST.....but dayummmm......I'm LOVIN' this!!!) http://www.erikturner.com/music.htm

The Scream - Let It Scream (Well....hell yeah!!! It's Corabi!!! )

Brother Cane - Seeds (omgomgomgomg......who knew???)

Josh Todd - You Made Me

and two BUCKCHERRY videos (woooooohooooooo )

The Storm - S/T

Trixter - S/T

Sweet F.A. - Stick To Your Guns

Von Groove - S/T

C.I.A - In The Red

Dead On - S/T

Diving for Pearls - S/T Just listed this one on eBay

Babylon A.D. - S/T Listed this one also on eBay

Asphalt Ballet - S/T

Big House - S/T

:drink:

Kind of an eclectic mix this week...

Poison - Crack A Smile...And More (very cool)

The Beatles - 1 (wow! :D)

Asia - Then & Now

Warrior Soul - Drugs, God and the New Republic

Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey

Richie Sambora - Stranger In This Town

This week's purchases:

7TH HEAVEN: "Silver"

BLINDSIDE: "About a Burning Fire"

KUTLESS: "Sea of Faces"

All good stuff in their particular genres.

Keep the faith.

Mark

A few more that I'm waiting for to come thru the post:

Jani Lane-Back down to one

Michael Monroe-Peace of mind

Enuff Z'Nuff-Welcome to Blue Island (w/bonus tracks)

Various-Aerosmithsonian

Bang Tango-Live

Steelhouse Lane-Metallic blue

Steelhouse Lane-Slaves to the new world

Unruly Child-Basement demos

Loud & Clear-Disc-connections

Lynch Mob-Revolution

Under Suspicion-S/T

Hey Captain.........in your opinion.....are the rest of Bang Tango's releases good? I LOOOOOVE "Dancin' On Coals"!!! But that's the only one I've got.....

This goes to show the state of our music in today's world. I had to run to the mall to pay a couple bills. I decided to walk by the solitary record store in the mall. I went to check the new releases board for March 9. I saw two CDs (can't remember for the life of me the names), but neither were Brides of Destruction or Tesla.

Call me crazy, but if they're not up on a record store new release board, the store isn't exactly all that good, now, is it?

This goes to show the state of our music in today's world.  I had to run to the mall to pay a couple bills.  I decided to walk by the solitary record store in the mall.  I went to check the new releases board for March 9.  I saw two CDs (can't remember for the life of me the names), but neither were Brides of Destruction or Tesla.

Call me crazy, but if they're not up on a record store new release board, the store isn't exactly all that good, now, is it?

Don't forget, we're the "irrelevant" generation! <_< Every time I buy something at the used store I hear ALL KINDS of stupid comments made by the brainless teenage employees. Little bastards wouldn't know a decent band if it bit them in the ass. :bigboom:

Doesn't surprise me, though. Looks like we've been overlooked yet again.

Unfortunately, that's very true. If people wonder why we still listen to that music, do they ever examine their own tastes? Either they're a "flavor of the month" person or they too like the music they grew up on and still tickles their fancy, but they must deem their music more of a genuine music and ours as lacking in substance or whatever. Hey, I grew up on this stuff and it will always be "my" music, no matter how my tastes change as I get older.

The state of music these days is a bunch of bullshit if you ask me.