Tall Stories- 2nd cd being released

heaven&hell

Don't know if anyone else has seen this or not, and I don't know if anyone else cares.

I thought Tall Stories were a very underated group and am looking foward to the new release.

The following is from Melodicrock.com.

MELODIC BRIEFS:

Yes, Tall Stories are set to return. The long lost unreleased second album will see the light of day this year. Guitarist Jack Morer is currently mixing the record. More details from Jack and vocalist Steve Augeri shortly

I read about the 1st one in Hit Parader. They used to highlight a new group at the front of the magazine every month. I didn't finally pick it up until many years after it came out and I couldn't believe I had waited so long.

Awesome news! Their 1st CD was great! My favs were "Wild On The Run", "Crawling Back" and "Chains of Love".

Blah, Blah, Blah......

I have a question...do we really need this album? Especially when there are many other great unreleased 2nd albums that more people want? Example: Vain - All Those Strangers....

JL

Blah, Blah, Blah......

I have a question...do we really need this album? Especially when there are many other great unreleased 2nd albums that more people want? Example: Vain - All Those Strangers....

JL

Don't hate! I mean, I'd love to see ALL unreleased second albums see the light of day, but, until then, we should be happy with what we get and I, for one, am happy about this one. The first album was one that I really enjoy.

Blah, Blah, Blah......

JL

Don't hate! I mean, I'd love to see ALL unreleased second albums see the light of day, but, until then, we should be happy with what we get and I, for one, am happy about this one. The first album was one that I really enjoy.

Sorry my friend, but I must hate :P I MUST!!!!!!!!!!!! :P Sorry guys, just didn't care for the first one. His voice bothers me sometimes. I semi-liked the Shine album with Tyketto but other than that....notta :)

JL

Blah, Blah, Blah......

JL

I would also rather see Vain - "All those Strangers" released, but I'm still happy to see this one come out.

I really like Steve's voice and prefer the Tall Stories release to any of the stuff he's done with Journey.

• 2 months later...
:lol: I have to admit I'm with JL here - the debut did absolutely nothing for me. I bought it once, sold it. The I think I bought it again after I heard Tyketto's 'Shine' and sold it again. Yeah, just one of those discs that did nothing at all for me. I personally couldn't care less about the 2nd one. :) Would LOVE to see 'All those strangers' get released though!!!

• 2 years later...
:lol: I have to admit I'm with JL here - the debut did absolutely nothing for me. I bought it once, sold it. The I think I bought it again after I heard Tyketto's 'Shine' and sold it again. Yeah, just one of those discs that did nothing at all for me. I personally couldn't care less about the 2nd one. :) Would LOVE to see 'All those strangers' get released though!!!

Damn this guy knows his shit! ;)

Seriously, listening to 'Skyscraper' now and all I can think is why? One - why am I listening to it and Two - why was this released?

As I said, I thought the debut was total shit. People say stuff like Poison and Slaughter was the trash of the whole hard rock scene, but to me it was boring, mindless shit like this. These guys and Quireboys could sure whip up a storm. :lol:

Seriously, I don't mean to be a prick, but what a shit album. I've made it to track 8, skipping after most first verses, but I doubt I'll hear the end of this disc. I've heard a few nice surprises, but this is by far the worst I've heard for a while.

Damn you... okay, this song 'Stay' has a decent chorus. Shitty verses, but a pretty cool chorus. Best song so far, but that's no consolation. I actually think the purists out there might find the guitar a bit too "modern" for their liking on this disc, if they're consistent. ;)

Seriously, listening to 'Skyscraper' now and all I can think is why? One - why am I listening to it and Two - why was this released?

As I said, I thought the debut was total shit. People say stuff like Poison and Slaughter was the trash of the whole hard rock scene, but to me it was boring, mindless shit like this. These guys and Quireboys could sure whip up a storm. :lol:

Seriously, I don't mean to be a prick, but what a shit album. I've made it to track 8, skipping after most first verses, but I doubt I'll hear the end of this disc. I've heard a few nice surprises, but this is by far the worst I've heard for a while.

Damn you... okay, this song 'Stay' has a decent chorus. Shitty verses, but a pretty cool chorus. Best song so far, but that's no consolation. I actually think the purists out there might find the guitar a bit too "modern" for their liking on this disc, if they're consistent. ;)

Why did you bother listening to it - you obviously ignore everything I say. I did say that the 4 new songs they played at Firefest were worthless pieces of shite with no melody or hooks........and that Steve Augeri can no longer sing (official). Hey ho.

Ummm...I would like to say that anyone who does not want their copy of this new Tall Stories album to please PM and I will gladly take it off your hands. :)

I for one really loved the first album. I had a feeling this second one was a bit thrown together.

Why did you bother listening to it - you obviously ignore everything I say. I did say that the 4 new songs they played at Firefest were worthless pieces of shite with no melody or hooks........and that Steve Augeri can no longer sing (official). Hey ho.

If the opportunity arises, I like to give every melodic rock/AOR/Hard Rock/Glam/Sleaze CD a listen at least once. Call me curious. Most bite you in the ass but occasionally some really surprise you. I had never heard of Rio before and I took a chance and they blew me away.

This will surprise you, but the main reason I thought I'd give Tall Stories a go was because Augeri had been in Journey and I actually thought he might have picked up a hint or two on how to write a more melodic song. Because the fact of the matter is, even if I don't adore his work with Journey, anything he did with Journey crucifies that waste of space debut Tall Stories disc.

Either way, I wasted 30mins or so of my life but I don't need to wonder and never need to hear it again. And if it does come up in discussion I am at least familiar with the disc.

OK im actually a fan of augeri in Journey... and mostly enjoy that debut Tall Stories album... so will i like this?

No. I command that you don't.

Seriously, though, if you like that debut I reckon you wouldn't mind this. I thought they were equally as bad as each other. It's nothing like any form of Journey, though.

• 9 years later...
  • 3 years later...
On 4/29/2018 at 9:37 AM, Invisible_man said:

was there an official video for any of their songs? Strange if no video, because the debut was on a major US label

Pretty sure there was a video for Wild On The Run.