What DVD's did you buy this week?

Dave

Watched Vault Of Horror a few weeks back, not bad, preferred in a similar vein - Dr Terrors House Of Horrors! :tumbsup:

I watched "Frightmare" last night and it was soooooo bad (but in a good way)... will probably watch "Vault of Horror" tonite! :yikes:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two more of those irresistible dollar-store double feature DVDs:

"Virus" (Japanese disaster flick, not the 90s film of the same name with Jamie Lee Curtis) b/w "Galaxy Invader"

"Destroy All Planets" b/w "Gamera Strikes Back" (vintage Japanese giant monster cheez!)

Can't remember all, but we bought a few:

'Prozac Nation'

'Hostel 2'

'Marley and me'

Can't remember the rest.

Two more of those irresistible dollar-store double feature DVDs:

"Virus" (Japanese disaster flick, not the 90s film of the same name with Jamie Lee Curtis) b/w "Galaxy Invader"

"Destroy All Planets" b/w "Gamera Strikes Back" (vintage Japanese giant monster cheez!)

Isn't Virus the movie with Jennifer Carpenter(Dexter, Exorcisim of Emily Rose)?

If it's the one I'm thinking of shes a journalist of some kind and it starts out in a firehouse.

Isn't Virus the movie with Jennifer Carpenter(Dexter, Exorcisim of Emily Rose)?

If you look up "Virus" on IMDB there are at least half a dozen movies with that title.

This is the one I got yesterday: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080768/

Made in 1980 and it's a big budget Japanese-made end of the world disaster flick with a large international (Japanese and American) cast. Looks pretty cool.

By the way, Wes, I believe the movie you're describing here is called "Quarantine" (the Americanized remake of a Spanish horror flick called "[REC]")... I saw that a while back and it was mighty kick-ass.

Yet ANOTHER 2-on-1 dollar store DVD: "Moon of the Wolf" b/w "Snowbeast" -- both appear to be cheezy made for TV monster movies from the late 70s.

...I can't help myself! Every damn time my kid wants to go to that damn dollar store to piss away his allowance, I'm drawn to that damn DVD rack like a moth to a flame. "Must...buy...cheesy...movies..."

'Hostel 2'

God bless my wife. We saw that on our honeymoon @ the theater. I was VERY excited to see it. Lucky it was raining like hell and nothing else was happening. Yeah, I took beer with me.

Yet ANOTHER 2-on-1 dollar store DVD: "Moon of the Wolf" b/w "Snowbeast" -- both appear to be cheezy made for TV monster movies from the late 70s.

...I can't help myself! Every damn time my kid wants to go to that damn dollar store to piss away his allowance, I'm drawn to that damn DVD rack like a moth to a flame. "Must...buy...cheesy...movies..."

Dang Keef!

You got a good dollar store :tumbsup:

The dollar stores by me only have cheezy Samuri or cartoons I never heard of..

I did pick up a double movie d.v.d. once that included a movie called DEADLY HARVEST.

The plot was about the Earth running out of food. It included CLINT WALKER and a very young KIM CATRALL (SEX IN THE CITY).

If you see KILLDOZER in one of these stores, let me know. I'll buy a copy from you..

Dang Keef!

You got a good dollar store :tumbsup:

The dollar stores by me only have cheezy Samuri or cartoons I never heard of..

I did pick up a double movie d.v.d. once that included a movie called DEADLY HARVEST.

The plot was about the Earth running out of food. It included CLINT WALKER and a very young KIM CATRALL (SEX IN THE CITY).

If you see KILLDOZER in one of these stores, let me know. I'll buy a copy from you..

I'll keep an eye out for ya Dom!

I think I've pretty much exhausted the supply of horror/monster movies from their DVD rack now... last I looked there all that was left was a lot of kung-fu movies, ancient cartoons and old Westerns... but hey, they kept me well supplied with horror/terror schlock all thru the Halloween season! :tumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Visit to JB HiFi today resulted in the purchases of Heart - Dreamboat Annie Live DVD and the Robert Plant & The Strange Sensation DVD for $9.99 each :tumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Could not help myself...

Just returned from JB HiFi today with the "Sound Stage" Heart Live DVD :tumbsup:

Visit to JB HiFi today resulted in the purchases of Heart - Dreamboat Annie Live DVD and the Robert Plant & The Strange Sensation DVD for $9.99 each :tumbsup:

Damn Dave i'm off to JB asap to get the Heart,that's one that's been on my hit list for awhile and for $9.99 what a steal.I bought the Plant when it first came out.

Damn Dave i'm off to JB asap to get the Heart,that's one that's been on my hit list for awhile and for $9.99 what a steal.I bought the Plant when it first came out.

Good luck mate. It's a great DVD and as I said, the Zep covers are shit hot :tumbsup:

Good luck mate. It's a great DVD and as I said, the Zep covers are shit hot :tumbsup:

Went to JB yesterday and sold out :crying:

I copied Fat Freddy and went to the Dollar Store and found:

The Grudge 2

976-Evil

Cry- Wolf

:rofl: Glad I inspired you. Looks like you must have a cooler dollar store than I do. The only DVDs the one by me has got are those 2-fer discs of cheap ass, public domain 60s and 70s drive-in flicks. Love'em though I do, it would be nice to find some more recent releases there. :lol: