What DVD's did you buy this week?

Dave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night, started watching the DVDs of Chuck. One of the best pickups I made in a while.

I only got through the first 4 episodes (disc 1), but it reminded me of why I watch this show live, weekly, over the CBS comedies and House. If NBC messes this up and doesn't renew for Season 3, I will stop watching NBC. I will forsake SVU, FNL, Earl, and anything else they happen to have. (I don't recall watching anything else of theirs regularly.)

For anyone who has a gift card and can't find anything they want, is curious and watches stuff from the iPod, or is just willing to watch a good show, check out Chuck. (Season finale is this Monday at 8 PM (EST) and I'm hoping that it's not the series finale, on NBC, or at all.)

And hell, even if you somehow don't fall in love with the show/characters, tune in to see Yvonne Strahovski dressed in some kind of skimpy outfit! (BTW, that's her in my current avatar.) LOVE that woman!

Journey - Live in Tokyo

The Office - Series 1

The Office - Series 2

The Office - Series 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest acquisition...

MARTYRS (Unrated)--hardcore horror from France that's generated a lot of buzz due to its vicious violence and bizarre storyline. First half of the film is great, but the second half sees things go in a radically different direction and in my opinion, ruins the movie. Still, lots of artfully-directed shotgun wounds, self-mutilation, beatings, and flayings for the gorehounds out there (if you've ever wondered what someone looks like skinned alive, this flick will show you). By the way, the director has been hired to helm the upcoming Hellraiser remake/reboot/reimagining.

Haven't bought dvds in a while, so at the job I found these to add to my small collection:

Good Luck Chuck

The Dukes of Hazzard/Starksky & Hutch

Stepbrothers

You Me and Dupree/Meet the Fockers

Drillbit Taylor

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Mr Woodcock

The Heartbreak Kid

Plus in the mail yesteday got

Fanboys

• 2 weeks later...

ZRock - Season 1 ($9.99 at Best Buy... go figure! That's cheaper than their new album.... and you don't have to wait for it in the mail!)

• 2 weeks later...

Futurama - Wild Green Yonder

Cheap Trick - Every Trick in the Book (great to see this on DVD eh Jez? ... can get rid of the video now!)