What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Robbie Valentine - "Falling down in misanthropolis' (man this CD makes me angry at times)

Why?

Because, and I mean no offence to anyone because this is only my opinion, but I just think he is SO shit!!! I know he flukes a good song here and there and I do really, really love those rare great tracks… but opposite to those tracks, I actually genuinely really, really hate 80% of his songs. I just sometimes hate music that I can listen to and fully understand why and agree with someone (an outsider) who could pick it apart and call it awful. His vocals are, with my hand on heart, in the top 5 worst I have ever heard. I just can’t stand his voice and so many of the songs are so awfully annoying…. Just really irritating so that you just have to reach for the stereo and turn it off or skip it.

Anyway, sorry. I don’t mean to get carried away. Some of his earlier tracks are immaculate and I can’t take that away from him… but for every stunning track he has 9-10 absolutely terrible songs which should be banned.

Spinning:

DaVinci – ‘Back in business’ (Such a brilliant piece of melodic rock)

Hush – ‘Mirage’

Halford - METAL GOD ESSENTIALS VOL. I

Private Line - 21st Century Pirates

Any good? Any comparisons? I';ve been meaning to pick this one up.

Ive just realised mine is the rare Australian edition with 3 bonus tracks.... ?! since when do Private Line put out bonus tracks for Aussie CD's! Since when does PL even have aussie CD's!!!!

umm kinda somewhere between Lovex and Crash Diet maybe?

Nikki Sixx apparently wrote a track on this.

The second album... from memory has a Wig Wam vibe to it..

Ive just realised mine is the rare Australian edition with 3 bonus tracks.... ?! since when do Private Line put out bonus tracks for Aussie CD's! Since when does PL even have aussie CD's!!!!

Wow, are you serious? Where would a brother pick this up off a shelf in Australia?

Wow, are you serious? Where would a brother pick this up off a shelf in Australia?

im serious...,

it wasnt on a shelf... it was in a bargain bin.. :)... in Hurstville

im serious...,

You're finding a lot of good stuff in Hurstville lately.

Keep looking and you'll find my closed fist pretty soon too.

im serious...,

Absolutely love the 2nd disc 'Evel Knievel Factor' but haven't got round to getting this one yet. I heard it isn't as good as 'EKF' so that has put me off getting it.

Mac Alpine - 'Eyes Of The World'

Rush - 2112

Robbie Valentine - "Falling down in misanthropolis' (man this CD makes me angry at times)

Why?

Because, and I mean no offence to anyone because this is only my opinion, but I just think he is SO shit!!! I know he flukes a good song here and there and I do really, really love those rare great tracks… but opposite to those tracks, I actually genuinely really, really hate 80% of his songs. I just sometimes hate music that I can listen to and fully understand why and agree with someone (an outsider) who could pick it apart and call it awful. His vocals are, with my hand on heart, in the top 5 worst I have ever heard. I just can’t stand his voice and so many of the songs are so awfully annoying…. Just really irritating so that you just have to reach for the stereo and turn it off or skip it.

Anyway, sorry. I don’t mean to get carried away. Some of his earlier tracks are immaculate and I can’t take that away from him… but for every stunning track he has 9-10 absolutely terrible songs which should be banned.

Spinning:

DaVinci – ‘Back in business’ (Such a brilliant piece of melodic rock)

Hush – ‘Mirage’

Right and on the flip side of that I would have to say that this is pretty essential for any lover of AOR.

To these ears I can find only one filler on this album - Show Your Face (which I really dont like at all), but elsewhere, the first 7 tracks are all awesome. And toward the end 'Searching Forever' and 'The Mistake' are both very good ballads.

Covers arent my greatest love, but Flick Of The Wrist is pretty flawless and even the ABBA cover is interesting.

Jap only import is the only drawback with this baby!

Id far rather listen to this than the new Seb Bach :whistle:

Back on topic

Vision Divine - 25th Hour

Wildkard - Mego.....

Seb Bach - Angel Down.......................seriously how this can be compared to Slave is beyond me !

Lacuna Coil - COMALIES

Mad Max - 'Stormchild'