What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Care of Night - Connected

Atlanta Rhythm Section - Red Tape

The Tarney/Spencer Band - Run for your Life

All except Siam....whoever they are.

Your opinion is as usual a lonely one ;-)

I tend to think that my opinion would be in heavy company outside of Journey die-hards. I know you're a huge fan of anything and everything Journey, but from a non-biased point of view, honestly mate, it is a terrible and weak AOR album and the others are good solid hard rock albums. Some songs on the Perry album defy the rules of horror, actually.

I admit without question that a burp from Steve Perry would sound better than the vocals of either the guy from Shy Tiger or the dude from Shylock... or Tony Mills (Siam). But a great vocalist does not automatically equal good songs. For the record, none of the albums are worthy of over 80% imo, but I'd rate all Shy Tiger and Shylock in the mid-70's (except Shylock's debut which is sub-70) and the Perry album 56%.

Oh, and Siam is basically Tony Mills thinking he's Geoff Tate. The result is what you'd expect from that train of thought.

I think you'll find that 'Street Talk' is held in pretty high regard generally and not just amongst the Journey fanboys either .It is very lite and borders on the Motown soul/ MOR sound on a couple of tracks, hence why it opened SP up to a wider audience, To each to their own and all that and it won't appeal to everyone, but to call it a terrible, weak album is way wide off the mark imo.

Journey - Escape

FM - Indiscreet

Cats In Space - Too Many Gods

Thin Lizzy - Live In Rock City, 1976

John Norum - Face The Truth

I think you'll find that 'Street Talk' is held in pretty high regard generally and not just amongst the Journey fanboys either .It is very lite and borders on the Motown soul/ MOR sound on a couple of tracks, hence why it opened SP up to a wider audience, To each to their own and all that and it won't appeal to everyone, but to call it a terrible, weak album is way wide off the mark imo.

Journey - Escape

FM - Indiscreet

Agree.

I love the album personally - and the reissue with bonus tracks is even better

Journey - Escape

FM - Indiscreet

Agree.

Absolutely no bonus tracks needed. Bar a couple of tracks (5,10) The album was/ is perfect in every way. 'Go Away', 'Oh Sherrie', 'She's mine' 'Go Away', You Should Be Happy', ' Captured By The Moment', 'Foolish Heart' and 'Running Alone'.. all absolutely fantastic, well written songs songs, your taste or not.

Journey - Escape

FM - Indiscreet

Agree.

Absolutely no bonus tracks needed. Bar a couple of tracks (5,10) The album was/ is perfect in every way. 'Go Away', 'Oh Sherrie', 'She's mine' 'Go Away', You Should Be Happy', ' Captured By The Moment', 'Foolish Heart' and 'Running Alone'.. all absolutely fantastic, well written songs songs, your taste or not.

Oh i agree, but there were some cracking bonus tracks....loved hearing those as are v early journey in style.

Journey - Escape

FM - Indiscreet

Agree.

Oh i agree, but there were some cracking bonus tracks....loved hearing those as are v early journey in style.

If I'd added the bonus tracks into my score of the album it would have been 48%. ;)

Seriously, to each their own. I'm glad people can enjoy the album... just find it annoying to see a statement that an album which would obviously not be for everyone and is very arguably even good at all... for such an album to be called better than all of Shy Tiger and Shylock's albums put together... just find it to be an annoying statement. Whether you like Shy Tiger and Shylock or not, they have good, solid consistent and reliable hard rock albums. I feel that outside of Journey diehards, the Perry album probably has a very, very limited appeal.

Anyway, today's sounds;

Sic Vikki - Kiss Me In French
Sic Vikki - Streetside Picasso
Sick Six Crush - Sick Six Crush
Sick Trigger - The Stand
Side Kixx - Talk Of The Town
Signal - Loud & Clear
Silence - Sound Of Rain

Alannah Myles: Rockinghorse

Steelheart: Steelheart (I'd forgotten just how good this album was!)

Journey - Escape

FM - Indiscreet

Agree.

If I'd added the bonus tracks into my score of the album it would have been 48%. ;)

Seriously, to each their own. I'm glad people can enjoy the album... just find it annoying to see a statement that an album which would obviously not be for everyone and is very arguably even good at all... for such an album to be called better than all of Shy Tiger and Shylock's albums put together... just find it to be an annoying statement. Whether you like Shy Tiger and Shylock or not, they have good, solid consistent and reliable hard rock albums. I feel that outside of Journey diehards, the Perry album probably has a very, very limited appeal.

Anyway, today's sounds;

Sic Vikki - Kiss Me In French

Sic Vikki - Streetside Picasso

Sick Six Crush - Sick Six Crush

Sick Trigger - The Stand

Side Kixx - Talk Of The Town

Signal - Loud & Clear

Silence - Sound Of Rain

Haha mate, you do get wound up v easily........it was just an expression to state that I like that album a lot, not to be taken literally.

Just to wind you up today -

Signal > all those other albums combined ;-)

Haha mate, you do get wound up v easily........it was just an expression to state that I like that album a lot, not to be taken literally.

Considering all those other albums are pieces of shit, aside from Sic Vikki's debut, you're not far off the mark this time.

Sic Vikki's debut and Signal's 'Loud on clear' are about on par and the rest is crap. The Sick Six Crush album is okay glam... but it's pretty poor overall.

Edit - sorry, missed Side Kixx. Not a bad band at all - one of the better produced albums on Retrospect overall. Love the 2nd song and it's an okay album... but hardly a world beater. Nice sound/style.

Considering all those other albums are pieces of shit, aside from Sic Vikki's debut, you're not far off the mark this time.

Sic Vikki's debut and Signal's 'Loud on clear' are about on par and the rest is crap. The Sick Six Crush album is okay glam... but it's pretty poor overall.

Edit - sorry, missed Side Kixx. Not a bad band at all - one of the better produced albums on Retrospect overall. Love the 2nd song and it's an okay album... but hardly a world beater. Nice sound/style.

ha ha, yeah I love that Sic Vikki album too. great stuff.

Signal ranked No3 for me in 1989 so that says it all.

Strong day today. Kind of a shame to consider how good those first two Silence albums could have been with the later vocalist. They honestly may as well be sung in a different language (if they aren't already);

Silence - Utopia

Silence - Nostalgia

Silence - Open Road

Silent Rage - Shattered Hearts

Silent Rage - Don't Touch Me There

Silent Rage - Still Alive

Still Running - Deep

Silent Witness - Silent Witness

Our Last Night - We've Been Holding Back

Our Last Night - Building Cities From Scratch

Our Last Night - The Ghosts Among Us

Our Last Night - We Will All Evolve

Our Last Night - Covers

I like the Silent Witness album and the Out Last Night EP is good, but the rest of the day was a real painful nosebleed;

Our Last Night - Oak Island EP

Silent Witness - Thrills

Silver - Silver

Silver - Addiction

Silver - Intruder

Silver - Dream Machines

Silver - Gold

S.I.N. - Somewhere Into Nowhere