What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Beggars & Thieves - We Are The Broken Hearted

(mature and excellent song writing - an album which seems to improve with every listen)

I agree. Depending what mood you're in it can also be ever so slightly boring and drags a little, but a massive surprise (I expected very little) and it delivered big-time...

Np:

A few new and awesome discs (apart from the Testament, which isn't quite as good as I'd hoped...)

TREMONTI - All I Was

TESTAMENT - Dark Roots of Earth

THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM - Handwritten

I agree about the Beggars and Thieves. Such a great disc that I still play often.

I'm about to buy the Testament and their my fav thrash band and most reviews I've read have been positive so i'm a little surprised to read that you've been dissapointed by it. I read it was going to be a little more melodic than the last one but i've done my best to avoid samples.

(mature and excellent song writing - an album which seems to improve with every listen)

I agree. Depending what mood you're in it can also be ever so slightly boring and drags a little, but a massive surprise (I expected very little) and it delivered big-time...

Np:

A few new and awesome discs (apart from the Testament, which isn't quite as good as I'd hoped...)

TREMONTI - All I Was

I agree about the Beggars and Thieves. Such a great disc that I still play often.

I'm about to buy the Testament and their my fav thrash band and most reviews I've read have been positive so i'm a little surprised to read that you've been dissapointed by it. I read it was going to be a little more melodic than the last one but i've done my best to avoid samples.

Yeah the Testament is good, but is a bit more melodic and the production is not that great IMO. The last one was definitely better, and "The Gathering" is light-years better....

Np:

TREMONTI - All I Was

Yeah the Testament is good, but is a bit more melodic

sounds like i might like it then ;-)

Wigelius - 'Revelations'

Hit The Lights - 'Invicta'

Alfonzetti - disc from last year

Destine - 'Lightspeed'

After a really poor opening couple of songs, this one kicks pretty hard. Killer title-track and some amazing guitar work - especially the solos. Given they're one of my all-time fave bands this is a little bit workmanlike though...

Dynazty - 'Knock you down' ; sadly it's just good solid hard rock to me - nothing more.

First Shot - both ; cool pop rock band. Love the song about Heartbreak Blvd.

After a really poor opening couple of songs, this one kicks pretty hard. Killer title-track and some amazing guitar work - especially the solos. Given they're one of my all-time fave bands this is a little bit workmanlike though...

I listened to that on Spotify - not bad, like a rougher version of Metallica in places.

Some of the previous stuff though is a bit too heavy for my tastes.

Scorpions - HUMANITY HOUR I

Die Happy - S/T

Metal Church - THE DARK

Deliverance - WHAT A JOKE

KISS - LICK IT UP

Steel Prophet - BEWARE

Kick Tracee - NO RULES

Misfits - LEGACY OF BRUTALITY

Liege Lord - MASTER CONTROL