What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Hinder - 'Extreme Behaviour' ; no wonder this year seems so weak compared to this one.

Yeah great album...pretty much resides permanently in my disc changer in the car.

Not that far behind 'Take It To The Limit' IMO.

You're both mental. "Extreme Behaviour" was dogshit. (I say was, because my copy has long since been binned). I've heard at least half-a-dozen Modern Rock discs this year so far that beat the shit out of it.

sorry but i really like the album....esp the first half which is filler free and pretty damned wicked.

Dream Theater - Black Clouds and Silver Linings

the only album this year which has a better solo than yours mate.......im sure you will appreciate the last 3 minutes of 'best of times'. pretty special.

to be honest i could take or leave most of the other tracks tho.

the only album this year which has a better solo than yours mate.......im sure you will appreciate the last 3 minutes of 'best of times'. pretty special.

I'm listening to that solo right now actually! Petrucci is something else for sure. :bowdown:

First spin so far but I'm liking it. They're exactly the kind of prog I like with plenty of guitars and no shortage of melody. That being said, I have to be in the mood for it. :)

I'm listening to that solo right now actually! Petrucci is something else for sure. :bowdown:

First spin so far but I'm liking it. They're exactly the kind of prog I like with plenty of guitars and no shortage of melody. That being said, I have to be in the mood for it. :)

they still pale against Threshold...IMO.

I take it you aren't really into DT that much from that comment mate! ;)

'The Shattered Fortress' and 'The Count Of Tuscany' are two of the best tracks DT have ever done to be honest and the rest of the album is pretty special aswell.

Edit

Haha - Good one. I love Threshold, and have considered them one of the best Metal bands from the UK for a long time , but DT are a whole different ball game imo, far more complex in songwriting (and way better songs) and all virtuoso players at the VERY top of their game that destroy the competition on all fronts - Threshold are definitley more accesible though I will give you that, but like comparing Southend To Man Utd - you would be silly to do so ;)

Edit

Haha - Good one. I love Threshold, and have considered them one of the best Metal bands from the UK for a long time , but DT are a whole different ball game imo, far more complex in songwriting (and way better songs) and all virtuoso players at the VERY top of their game that destroy the competition on all fronts - Threshold are definitley more accesible though I will give you that, but like comparing Southend To Man Utd - you would be silly to do so ;)

Well IMO Dead Reckoning and Subsurface kill anything DT have ever released. By some margin I will happily add.

I mean come on....Pilot absolutely mullers anything on the new DT.

Most of the new DT just loses me - almost unlistenable.....Tuscany being a prime example.....parts of it are great, other parts just bore me senseless. For example....lose the first 4 mins (Zzzzzz)...song begins at 4 mins......then lose 9-10 min (WTF?)......then lose 11-14 mins. There you go. ive just lost you 8 mins. Then youd have a decent 11 min song.....still too long tho.

To be honest I though Systematic Chaos was probably stronger.

Ho hum.

Edit

Well IMO Dead Reckoning and Subsurface kill anything DT have ever released. By some margin I will happily add.

I mean come on....Pilot absolutely mullers anything on the new DT.

Most of the new DT just loses me - almost unlistenable.....Tuscany being a prime example.....parts of it are great, other parts just bore me senseless. For example....lose the first 4 mins (Zzzzzz)...song begins at 4 mins......then lose 9-10 min (WTF?)......then lose 11-14 mins. There you go. ive just lost you 8 mins. Then youd have a decent 11 min song.....still too long tho.

To be honest I though Systematic Chaos was probably stronger.

Ho hum.

PS i'll give you 'Shattered Fortress'....that song is pretty wicked I must admit.

Hinder - 'Extreme Behaviour' ; no wonder this year seems so weak compared to this one.

Yeah great album...pretty much resides permanently in my disc changer in the car.

You're both mental. "Extreme Behaviour" was dogshit. (I say was, because my copy has long since been binned). I've heard at least half-a-dozen Modern Rock discs this year so far that beat the shit out of it.

sorry but i really like the album....esp the first half which is filler free and pretty damned wicked.

Haha... I'm an idiot. It was actually 'Take it to the limit' I was listening to yesterday and that's the album I meant to say kills anything from this year... but yeah, I agree with Glen. 'Extreme Behaviour' is excellent too and not far off it by any means. Two killer discs.

Anyway, spinning:

Raw Silk - 'Silk under the skin' ; love this disc!

Swedish Erotica - 'Blindman's Justice' ; and this one!

Haha... I'm an idiot. It was actually 'Take it to the limit' I was listening to yesterday and that's the album I meant to say kills anything from this year... but yeah, I agree with Glen. 'Extreme Behaviour' is excellent too and not far off it by any means. Two killer discs.

Anyway, spinning:

this is for ya,hehehe..... :christmas:

Anyway, spinning:

Okay, I have to ask... what the f*ck was that and what was the meaning of it???

Anyway, spinning:

Okay, I have to ask... what the f*ck was that and what was the meaning of it???

so you don't recognize raw silk's singer? :christmas:

KILLSWITCH ENGAGE - S/T

This is a monster.

Toto - Live In 1996

Rush - Permanent Waves

Rush - 2112

Rush - Caress Of Steel

Rush - Presto