What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

MISTRUST - "Spin The World"

Stealing Eden - 'Truth in tragedy'

Forever the sickest kids - s/t

Bad Habit - 'Atmosphere'

Miss Behaviour - 'Last woman standing'

lol...those 2 modern discs dont stand a chance. & if they do, then you are deaf ;-))

Actually mate, with completely mathematical and across-the-board ratings, this is how these 4 albums ended up:

Miss Behaviour - Last Woman Standing - 82%

Bad Habit - Atmosphere - 83%

Forever the Sickest Kids - s/t - 84%

Stealing Eden Truth in tragedy - 85%

I guess there's still a place for personal preferences, but I trust my scores. To be honest, the Stealing Eden one was the lowest placed of all in my "off the top of my head" lists, but when I actually sat down and analysed them all, song by song, it was the legitimate leader. I have the break-ups song by song if you don't believe me. ;) To explain briefly, despite some killer tracks (especially the first 3 on Bad Habit) both the MHR ones suffered at the mercy of a couple of weak tracks, which was enough to bring the total down. FTSK was by far the most consistent of the 4 releases, maintaining a high quality throughout. Stealing Eden dipped a couple of times too, but the highs were high and the lows not too low.

Anyway, as I said, will try to make up a thread soon with my nerdy little findings.

Spinning:

Human Zoo - 'Eyes of the stranger'

Adelita's Way - 'Home school valedictorian'

GIRLSCHOOL ~ Girlschool"

David Cook - 'This loud morning'

Wicked Jester - 'Royalty sux'

Save Your Breath - 'Vices'

Hell In the Club - 'Let the games begin'

Simple Plan - 'Get your heart on'

Bai Bang - 'Livin' my dream'

Lined up for the van today

Status Quo - Quid Pro Quo

Rush - Moving Pictures

John Parr - Letter To America

Lovex - Watch Out!

Bad Habit - 'Atmosphere'

lol...those 2 modern discs dont stand a chance. & if they do, then you are deaf ;-))

Actually mate, with completely mathematical and across-the-board ratings, this is how these 4 albums ended up:

I guess there's still a place for personal preferences, but I trust my scores. To be honest, the Stealing Eden one was the lowest placed of all in my "off the top of my head" lists, but when I actually sat down and analysed them all, song by song, it was the legitimate leader. I have the break-ups song by song if you don't believe me. ;) To explain briefly, despite some killer tracks (especially the first 3 on Bad Habit) both the MHR ones suffered at the mercy of a couple of weak tracks, which was enough to bring the total down. FTSK was by far the most consistent of the 4 releases, maintaining a high quality throughout. Stealing Eden dipped a couple of times too, but the highs were high and the lows not too low.

Anyway, as I said, will try to make up a thread soon with my nerdy little findings.

Right, lets get one thing clear - what you are doing is not nerdy (well it is a tiny bit nerdy I guess), cos I do it too. Fills a very boring hour on the train everyday lol ! But really I started rating each song last year as it was the only way I could differentiate all the great releases and this year is proving just as difficult. & yeah I agree that sometimes it throws up some odd results! This way I can also legitimately combine modern and MHR in the same list. So my ratings (so far) for those albums is -

Bad Habit 89.2%

Miss B 88.4%

(agree there is a dip here and there on these albums but the highs are soooooo good that they equal out to very good scores)

Stealing E 82.9%

(havent rated Forever, but it would be lower than Stealing)

I agree that Stealing is pretty consistent, but never really reaches the highs of the other 2 (highest rated song on Stealing is 8.75), hence why the scores are fairly close, but the 2 MHR comfortably win the day.

Cheers

Angie Aparo - The American

ADAM BOMB ~ "New York Times"

Something's spinning; holy shit!

Red Sun Rising - making of kings

They were so powerful live, but still a pretty nice debut album.

Motorhead - IRON FIST

Raven - WALK THROUGH FIRE

Slayer - HELL AWAITS

Misfits - CUTS FROM THE CRYPT

Dio - MASTER OF THE MOON

Scorpions - UNBREAKABLE

Crashdiet - GENERATION WILD

Toronto - Get It On Credit

Toronto - Girls Night Out

It's AOR, it's Female Fronted and it turns me on! :bananamac:

Bad Habit - 'Atmosphere'

Right, lets get one thing clear - what you are doing is not nerdy (well it is a tiny bit nerdy I guess), cos I do it too. Fills a very boring hour on the train everyday lol ! But really I started rating each song last year as it was the only way I could differentiate all the great releases and this year is proving just as difficult. & yeah I agree that sometimes it throws up some odd results! This way I can also legitimately combine modern and MHR in the same list. So my ratings (so far) for those albums is -

Bad Habit 89.2%

Miss B 88.4%

(agree there is a dip here and there on these albums but the highs are soooooo good that they equal out to very good scores)

Stealing E 82.9%

I agree that Stealing is pretty consistent, but never really reaches the highs of the other 2 (highest rated song on Stealing is 8.75), hence why the scores are fairly close, but the 2 MHR comfortably win the day.

Cheers

Haha, fair enough... so we're both nerds! :lol:

I agree, though. If you do want to get an accurate list - and let me step in here and say I appreciate 1000% that it's not a priority or even care to 99% of music listeners, like I have been the last 31 years of my life - but yeah, if you do want a good accurate list and you have the time (like you do on the train, and I have sitting out here at work with the luxury of listening to music) it's a fun thing to do... makes you feel like you're putting up a good accurate list. :)

I will probably still keep my lists separate, but for interest's sake now I'll have a combined list at the end of the year.

You speak of surprises. The two that have really made me take a step back thus far are Trust Company rating 93% (I'm sure you'll know where you've seen that number recently) and Simple Plan actually rating a good 10% higher than I thought it would. Also, Destrophy actually came out a lot worse than I expected. Still a good score at 85% but I thought it was a shoe-in this year. 85% is still obviously an amazing score... but there's a small handful I've already rated higher than that.

Anyway, to each their own. I will be very interested to see how our lists compare come the end of the year end - rankings as well as individual scores. One thing I can see straight off the bat, and again, to each their own. But I think the huge difference will be me treating the modern rock releases as equals, rather than second class citizens. ;)

Anyway, sorry everyone else. Spinning:

The Blackout - 'Hope'

The Poodles - 'Performocracy'

Roxx - Outlaws, Fools, and Thieves (2004)

i know i've heard it long time ago on MP3 but after obtaining the Perris disc and cranked it up loud this morning, i was wow-ed again on how good is this. A very uplifting, energy-raiser songs, couple of ballads, couple of fillers, and overall a very solid Crue/LA Guns cross kind of style. The songs are very 80s, don't know if this is really recorded in 2004 or unvaulted off from the 80s days, but nevertheless a solid 85% is highly deserved.

BLACK TIDE - Post Mortem

First and last listen of this shit.

Bad Habit - 'Atmosphere'

Bad Habit 89.2%

Miss B 88.4%

Stealing E 82.9%

Cheers

Destrophy actually came out a lot worse than I expected. Still a good score at 85% but I thought it was a shoe-in this year. 85% is still obviously an amazing score... but there's a small handful I've already rated higher than that.

Anyway, to each their own. I will be very interested to see how our lists compare come the end of the year end - rankings as well as individual scores. One thing I can see straight off the bat, and again, to each their own. But I think the huge difference will be me treating the modern rock releases as equals, rather than second class citizens. ;)

I have Destrophy at about 89% - still an amazing disc IMO.

Re modern discs - everything gets treated the same by me - afterall a good song is a good song

been spinning :

Roxxi - Drive It To Ya Hard

Reece/Kronlund - Solid

Work Of Art - In Progress

7th Heaven - Pop Media

Elevate - No Shadow without Light

61TPYW25nUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg