Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Some family sh*t has been cutting into my movie watching time over the past week or so, yesterday I started making up for it by watching two in one day...

Devil in the Flesh (1998)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvqk3s8Glvc
A pre-'Charmed' Rose McGowan is the lone bright spot in this teenybopper variation on 'Fatal Attraction,' as a disturbed teen who develops a fixation on her hunky creative writing teacher. Naturally she will allow no one - not his girlfriend, nor her religious nut grandmother, or her social worker - to get in the way of her happiness, even if it leads to murder. This is totally predictable teen slasher stuff, but I have had a major woody for Rose since the late 90s and she looks dynamite here.... so it gets a pass.

Silent Hill: Revelation (2012)

Sequel to the video-game based horror flick finds the little girl from the last film, all grown up and entering the haunted town of Silent Hill again to rescue her father. Where the first flick was more of a psychological horror that depended on mood, Revelation is straight up action packed splatter/gore with a few moments that steal liberally from the Hellraiser franchise. It was obviously made on a smaller budget than the original, but on the other hand it's easier to follow (and it's about a half hour shorter). I may be the only one but I think I liked this better than the first.

• My Little Pony

Some family sh*t has been cutting into my movie watching time over the past week or so

Haha! Damn family shit.

This was a good one...

2006_-_Lucky_Number_Slevin_Movie_Poster.

Good stuff

"The Cottage" (2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxRqI5zxW-c

Dreary suburban thriller in which a family rents out their backyard cottage to a guy who seems nice at first, of course, but eventually turns out to be a psycho looking to add their daughter to his Manson-style "harem" of "wives." Predictable mayhem follows. Not good, not particularly bad, just bland. The DVD cover promised something more horror-based than the movie delivered. This flick was suitable for the Lifetime channel.

• My Little Pony

Watched Beetlejuice with the kids last night and I forgot that this one is a bit over the top for my kids at least. I also forgot Mike Keaton drops the F bomb in this.

I still love it, the kids, not so much...

you see they are making a part 2?

For real?

Watched Beetlejuice with the kids last night and I forgot that this one is a bit over the top for my kids at least. I also forgot Mike Keaton drops the F bomb in this.

For real?

I heard something about it myself.

Teen Wolf (1985)

Silly teen comedy starring Michael J. Fox as a high school nerd who discovers a quick path to popularity and basketball stardom... by letting his inner werewolf out.

My kids found this on Netflix this afternoon and asked to watch it because "the Back to the Future Guy is in it." I hadn't seen "Teen Wolf" since its original HBO run in the mid 80s, but I didn't remember it being very good even back then. Let's just say it definitely hasn't improved with age.

Michael J. Fox should thank his lucky stars that "Back to the Future" was released before this flick in the summer of '85, otherwise his movie career might never have gotten off the ground!!

I'm home with a sick six year old today, so he got to pick the movie:

Super Buddies (2013)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ZxYH6WyLo

Seventh (!) installment of the Disney series starring a quintet of talking Golden Retriever puppies hops on the superhero-movie band wagon, as the five so-adorable-they're-sickening "Buddies" gain super powers from a set of mysterious rings... just in time to defend their town from an alien invader bent on world domination. Grown ups will roll their eyes at the cheap special effects and dorky humor but if you have young'uns 8-and-under, they'll dig this harmless, family friendly fluff.

"With Great Power: The Stan Lee Story" (2012)

Entertaining documentary about the life and amazing career of Stan Lee, architect of the Marvel Universe, creator of countless classic comic book characters, and overlord of all things Geek, with commentary not only from fellow comic professionals but also famous fans like Nicolas Cage, Kevin Smith, and Tobey "Spider-Man" Maguire, to name just a few. A cool trip down memory lane for comic book geeks!

• My Little Pony

Gravity

Brilliant 3D & a great movie

I need to see this while it's still showing.
No point seeing it unless its 3D

...Said no one ever.

Really?

For real?

I heard something about it myself.

They are indeed making a part 2.. Michael Keaton and Winona Ryder have apparently signed on, as has Tim Burton to direct!!

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3265430/could-beetlejuice-sequel-also-star-winona-ryder/

"Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" (2001)

Those lovable stoners from Kevin Smith's "Clerks" find out that Hollywood is making a movie about them... without their permission, and they go off on a road trip to stop the film. Mayhem, naturally, follows them everywhere they go. Jay & Silent Bob get mixed up with a team of international female jewel thieves, steal a monkey, and are pursued by a very determined wildlife marshal (Will Ferrell). Foul mouthed slapstick fun with cameos by just about everyone in Hollywood.