Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

The Thanksgiving dishes are cleared away and that means it's time to start kickin' the annual Twisted Christmas film festival. First up...

"Jack Frost" (1997)

In this tongue-in-cheek comic horror cult classic, it's a few days before Christmas and a serial killer on his way to the execution chamber has a run-in with some experimental genetic material that turns him into a psycho Frosty. Once he's transformed, he seeks revenge on the cop who put him away in the first place.

...Seriously. I'm not makin' this sh*t up.

This hilarious (on purpose) zero-budget fun even stars a pre-"American Pie" Shannon Elizabeth as the town teenage tramp.

Obviously this is not to be confused with the family-friendly film by the same name starring Michael Keaton, which came out about a year after this... though I hear the Keaton movie is pretty horrific in its own right. :rofl2:

:) Radioactive convict, snowman... If memory serves there are more than one of these...

Internship: not bad and I love Vince Vaughn when he plays himself.

• My Little Pony

Internship: not bad and I love Vince Vaughn when he plays himself.

I love that film. So funny, and heart warming, too.

Radioactive convict, snowman... If memory serves there are more than one of these...

Yep, there's a sequel ("Jack Frost 2: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman")... which is on deck for tonight :rofl2:

I know, I know... I has a sickness.

• My Little Pony

Radioactive convict, snowman... If memory serves there are more than one of these...

Yep, there's a sequel ("Jack Frost 2: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman")... which is on deck for tonight :rofl2:

And I love reading about it.

I picked up a cheapy 12-pack horror DVD called "Fright Fest" a month or so back that had "Jack Frost 2" on it, so naturally when the original turned up on Netflix last night I sez to myself (only half seriously) "Well, y'know, I really should watch the original before I watch the sequel, so I'm caught up on all the back story," hahaha :rofl2:

I picked up a cheapy 12-pack horror DVD called "Fright Fest" a month or so back that had "Jack Frost 2" on it, so naturally when the original turned up on Netflix last night I sez to myself (only half seriously) "Well, y'know, I really should watch the original before I watch the sequel, so I'm caught up on all the back story," hahaha :rofl2:

Back story... :whistle:

On topic: R.I.P.D.

Not that bad. However it was way similar to Ghost busters/Men In Black... I did enjoy the use of the Victoria Secret model, nice touch and its good to see Kevin Bacon.

Back story... :whistle:

On topic: R.I.P.D.

Not that bad. However it was way similar to Ghost busters/Men In Black... I did enjoy the use of the Victoria Secret model, nice touch and its good to see Kevin Bacon.

I enjoyed R.I.P.D. also,w/ the boys.

Star Trek - Into Darkness. Good stuff!

$9 @ Target

Twisted Christmas Film Festival, Round 2...

"Jack Frost 2: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman" (2000)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX7YigAcGdM

Still haunted by memories of his last battle with the killer snowman, the Sheriff from the first "Jack Frost" movie takes a holiday trip to a tropical island with his wife and some friends... only to be pursued by the re-constituted frozen killer, who can not only survive the warm temperatures, but can reproduce himself (!) in the form of tiny homicidal snowballs. Cheap gory mayhem ensues. (including a few rather obvious nods to "Gremlins").

This cheap as hell sequel wasn't nearly as much fun as the first "JF," mainly because the cast plays up the comedic/camp factor this time around. It was actually funnier when they played everything straight in the first movie, as if they were in a "real" horror flick). The evil snowball critters were a hoot though.

"Last Days Here" (2011)

In the 1970s, Pentagram could've been America's answer to Black Sabbath... but the unpredictable nature of lead singer Bobby Liebling f*cked it up for them and the band fell apart. Liebling then spent the next 30+ years living in his parents' basement, using tons of drugs and putting together numerous half-assed "new" Pentagram lineups, hoping to get a second shot at the big time. When a longtime Pentagram fan begins acting as Bobby's new manager and tries to help him achieve that dream, they hit many obstacles along the way.

This flick is like the darker side of "Anvil! The Story of Anvil," as both films cover similar themes (i.e. rockers who probably should've hung it up ages ago, but refuse to quit) although Bobby Liebling's story is more tragic than Anvil's. Still, it's a fascinating, though somewhat depressing, film that's worth a look. Now I gotta look into getting some of Pentagram's tunes, cuz they sound pretty bad-ass...!

Pentagram> Sabbath(classic era)

Thanx for the link. There were times when I've imagined myself being a moth in Bobby's wardrobe

"Perks Of Being A Wallflower".......excellent movie. A bit depressing but excellent.

"I Need That Record!" (2008)

A documentary about the independent record store, which (as we all know) is disappearing from the American landscape at an alarming rate.

According to the comments from high powered indie rock types like Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth), Mike Watt (the Minutemen) and Ian MacKaye (Fugazi) the loss of the corner record store isn't simply a symptom of the problems in the music business, but with the corporate, big-box store homogenization of American culture in general.

(In other words, kids: Music = good. Big Business = bad. Mmmm-kay?)

Obviously this flick isn't gonna tell you anything you don't already know, but it's a fun watch due to the various 'characters' that are interviewed (shop owners, customers, musicians, etc.) ... plus the clips of people happily rooting through stacks of dusty LPs and CDs will bring back pleasant memories of the pre-digital age for music junkies...

High Fidelity (2000)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svn3TDuSnIk

After being dumped by his latest girlfriend, a list-obsessive music junkie and Chicago record store owner (John Cusack) re-evaluates his many disastrous attempts at finding love in this dryly amusing comedy. Cusack's constant breaks through the "fourth wall" where he addresses the viewer directly are hilarious, and so is Jack Black as Cusack's insanely elitist rock-snob employee at the record store (who proudly wears a Yanni tour shirt!).

Romantic comedies are not usually my "thang" but this one gets a pass because of the excellent performances and it's rock 'n' roll edge.

High Fidelity (2000)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svn3TDuSnIk

After being dumped by his latest girlfriend, a list-obsessive music junkie and Chicago record store owner (John Cusack) re-evaluates his many disastrous attempts at finding love in this dryly amusing comedy. Cusack's constant breaks through the "fourth wall" where he addresses the viewer directly are hilarious, and so is Jack Black as Cusack's insanely elitist rock-snob employee at the record store (who proudly wears a Yanni tour shirt!).

Romantic comedies are not usually my "thang" but this one gets a pass because of the excellent performances and it's rock 'n' roll edge.

Great flick

Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale (2010)

In this oddball holiday fantasy/horror flick from Finland, a mining expedition atop a Finnish mountain has uncovered the long lost burial site of the original Santa Claus... who, as it turns out, isn't quite as jolly as expected. Now it's up to a group of local yokels to save Christmas, and the world.

If you can imagine John Carpenter's "The Thing" re-imagined as a holiday special you're almost in the ballpark of this utterly weird, yet totally enjoyable, flick.

^^^ Bootleggers don't waste any time.