Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

• My Little Pony

"V For Vendetta" (2006)

Lavishly produced, well acted action epic set in a repressive, totalitarian Britain of the future. A masked "terrorist" known only as "V" begins striking back against the government, becoming a folk hero in the process like his inspiration, Guy Fawkes. Natalie Portman (hot) is a woman who has to decide whether "V" is better or worse than the leaders who are already in power. Intriguing stuff.

Well acted... aside from Ms Portman.

Madagascar 3

Took the kids to one of the cheap morning showings to see this. Pretty silly story, but the characters are so strong (and the jokes pretty good) that it was a really fun watch. I think I may have enjoyed it more than the kids...

"V For Vendetta" (2006)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxyUl9M_7vc

Lavishly produced, well acted action epic set in a repressive, totalitarian Britain of the future. A masked "terrorist" known only as "V" begins striking back against the government, becoming a folk hero in the process like his inspiration, Guy Fawkes. Natalie Portman (hot) is a woman who has to decide whether "V" is better or worse than the leaders who are already in power. Intriguing stuff.

Well acted... aside from Ms Portman.

Well, yeah. But she's hot (at least till they shaved her head) so she gets a pass.

Knights Of The South Bronx - iti is one of those movies that came on tv and I started watching and couldn't turn it off. It was a good watch and Ted Danson was really good in this

A business man decides that he wants to teach school in the inner city and chooses a tough school in the South Bronx. He teaches the children how to play the game of chess, and along the way they learn a lot about life

"Soylent Green" (1973)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsVQPsiwkBI

'70s sci-fi that depicts 21st century America as an overpopulated, impoverished dystopia. Charlton Heston is a New York cop investigating the murder of a corporate big wig, which leads him to a shocking discovery about the company's latest food product...a mysterious "wafer" called "Soylent Green."

Say it with me, folks:

"IT'S PEOPLE! SOYLENT GREEN IS MADE OUTTA PEOPLE!"

Heston is hammy as usual but his performance is balanced out by acting legend Edward G. Robinson (in his final role) as a grizzled police researcher who remembers the way the world "used to be."

Cheap looking by today's standards but still fun in a retro sort of way.

• My Little Pony

Red Cliff: Part I

Excellent, but each part is 140 minutes, so I'll have to watch Part II when I've got time, and am in the mood for a long watch.

The History of the World: Part I

Stoopid, but funny. Definitely not Mel Brooks best work, but still a good watch. The Spanish Inquisition number was my favourite.

Just now on TV:

Iron Man

• My Little Pony

The Third Man

I like watching these classic films, and seeing where all our commonly used techniques originated. There's nothing new under the sun, anymore, so it's refreshing to see it when it was new.

"Hellboy II: The Golden Army" (2007)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWvpuwatbJM

Ron Perlman returns as the Dark Horse Comics character in a sequel that's even more elaborate (and wackier) than the original (which is really sayin' something). This time Hellboy and his freaky friends must stop a representative of an ancient Elf race from destroying a centuries-old truce between mankind and the creatures of the underworld.

Great special effects, bizarre story, funny as hell. Not sure if I liked it better than the first flick but it's definitely worth seeing. So when's "Hellboy III?" I'm on board.

• My Little Pony

"Hellboy II: The Golden Army" (2007)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWvpuwatbJM

Ron Perlman returns as the Dark Horse Comics character in a sequel that's even more elaborate (and wackier) than the original (which is really sayin' something). This time Hellboy and his freaky friends must stop a representative of an ancient Elf race from destroying a centuries-old truce between mankind and the creatures of the underworld.

Great special effects, bizarre story, funny as hell. Not sure if I liked it better than the first flick but it's definitely worth seeing. So when's "Hellboy III?" I'm on board.

I definitely want another Hellboy film. I've said it many times before, these are my favourite comic adaptations. They are so true to the spirit of the books. I mean, Mike Mignola has stated how pleased he is with Guillermo Del Toro's vision and understanding of the Hellboy universe. The first time I watched "The Golden Army" I was disappointed. I thought it was too far fetched. But after I read the books--I haven't read all of them, mind you--I realized that is exactly the sort of thing that could happen. You may not have much time for comics, anymore, but I highly recommend the Hellboy series. I'm not a comic nerd, but this series sucked me in. My friends are huge fans of the Marvel and DC universe superhero comic series, and try to get me to read them, but that doesn't interest me in the slightest. Hellboy does.

"Pandorum" (2009)

Sci-fi/psychological thriller with elements of "Alien," "Event Horizon" and hell, maybe even a little "Predator," though it's not as good as any of those.

Sometime in the far flung future, two travelers on a massive interstellar space ship wake up from their cryogenic sleep unexpectedly with no memories of who they are, where they are, or why. As they slowly start to explore the seemingly-deserted ship, they eventually find out that they're not alone...

Decent concept, cool set designs, but gets kinda monotonous after a while cuz three quarters of the movie is just people running terrified through corridors and access tunnels.

The Five Year Engagment

Air Force One

"Hellraiser: Bloodline" (1996)

Fourth film in the series starts off in 18th century France with the story of the "toymaker" who sculpted the original "puzzle box" that opened the gateway for Pinhead and his Cenobite friends... then jumps to the 20th century New York and follows one of the toymaker's descendants through another battle with Pinhead. Finally we conclude in the 22nd Century, where the last member of his family line has laid a special trap for Pinhead in a specially designed space station in orbit around the Earth.

"Bloodline" is slightly cheap looking, but it's an otherwise cool entry in the never-ending "Hellraiser" saga, with plenty o' the usual gory mayhem. I liked the newly added sci-fi element. Considering that the production was marred by tons of behind-the-scenes drama that included the original director quitting in mid-production and being replaced by a guy who supposedly re-shot half the movie and radically re-edited the other half, this was still the last film in the "Hellraiser" saga that was worth a crap.

"Hellraiser: Bloodline" (1996)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLfpZMAJW3k

Fourth film in the series starts off in 18th century France with the story of the "toymaker" who sculpted the original "puzzle box" that opened the gateway for Pinhead and his Cenobite friends... then jumps to the 20th century New York and follows one of the toymaker's descendants through another battle with Pinhead. Finally we conclude in the 22nd Century, where the last member of his family line has laid a special trap for Pinhead in a specially designed space station in orbit around the Earth.

"Bloodline" is slightly cheap looking, but it's an otherwise cool entry in the never-ending "Hellraiser" saga, with plenty o' the usual gory mayhem. I liked the newly added sci-fi element. Considering that the production was marred by tons of behind-the-scenes drama that included the original director quitting in mid-production and being replaced by a guy who supposedly re-shot half the movie and radically re-edited the other half, this was still the last film in the "Hellraiser" saga that was worth a crap.

Yea but they STILL made another what 5 movies in that series?? All direct to video of course..... :whistle:

Yea but they STILL made another what 5 movies in that series?? All direct to video of course..... :whistle:

I think I hung in as far as the fifth or sixth movie... stopped bothering after that...