Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"The Shadow" (1994)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRcZ4Pw2t_8

A buffed-out Alec Baldwin stars as the WWII-era pulp hero in this big-budget adventure directed by Russell ("Highlander") Mulcahy. The Shadow must protect 1940s New York from a crazed descendant of Genghis Khan, who plans on picking up where his ancestor left off in the world-conquering business. The result is kinda like a mish-mash of Tim Burton's "Batman" flicks with the retro "Raiders of the Lost Ark" vibe.

Lotsa cool effects, great set design, excellent cast, maybe a little more style than substance, but otherwise a cool flick for those who like period action pieces ala "Raiders" and "The Rocketeer."

I loved this movie back in the day.

Penelope Ann Miller = mega babe. :D

Good movie!!

"Big Trouble" (2001)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqAgkcRwSkc

A diverse cast including Tim Allen, Rene Russo, Patrick Warburton, and Janene Garafalo (to name just a few) star in this wacky caper flick that features a guy who lives in a tree, a pair of inept Mob hitmen, some Russian arms dealers, the FBI, a nuclear bomb on an airplane, and a psychedelic toad. Yes, it's just as bizarre as it sounds, but it's also pretty funny stuff, and it's very cool how the movie introduces this series of seemingly random, totally unconnected characters/situations and then one by one, they all come together piece by piece. Based on the novel by humor columnist Dave Barry.

THE LAST STAND

Auh-nold's comeback movie might have bombed at the box office, but I'll be damned if I understand why, because this was a hoot an' a half of an action movie. It's an all-guns-a-blazin' action-fest like they rarely make anymore, and it's actually smart enough to acknowledge that Arnold is a geriatric hero. A few chuckles, high-speed car chases, evil villains, lots of bloody shootouts...what's not to like?

Seems Sly's Bullet To The Head is in the same boat. bombing at the box office but I want to see both of these

I had no idea either of these existed. I'd see them both for harmless fun.

THE LAST STAND

Auh-nold's comeback movie might have bombed at the box office, but I'll be damned if I understand why, because this was a hoot an' a half of an action movie. It's an all-guns-a-blazin' action-fest like they rarely make anymore, and it's actually smart enough to acknowledge that Arnold is a geriatric hero. A few chuckles, high-speed car chases, evil villains, lots of bloody shootouts...what's not to like?

Seems Sly's Bullet To The Head is in the same boat. bombing at the box office but I want to see both of these

I agree! Both will be seen on dvd.

Alex Cross! Not sure how I feel and how this will be with this guy taking over for Moran Freeman, but I love Kiss The Girls and Along Came A Spider. So I have to see this, (the trailer looked really good) so here we go!

• My Little Pony

Started The Dark Knight Rises last night and fell asleep before the opening credits... No reflection of the film I'm sure, just how old and lame I am...

Belee dat. I should assume your life is also a bit more draining at the moment, too.

"Battle Beyond the Stars" (1980)

Roger Corman's semi-classic "Star Wars" cash-in is essentially a space-faring "Magnificent Seven," as Richard "John-Boy Walton" Thomas recruits a crew of stellar mercenaries to defend his peace-loving planet from invasion by the evil Count Sador (Boo! Hiss!).

The cast is a virtual "who's who" of B-filmdom including John Saxon, Robert Vaughn, George Peppard and Sybil Danning, the special effects are surprisingly well done (especially by Corman standards) and the whole thing is simply charming, action packed Saturday-matinee fun.

• My Little Pony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t7z_44nGio

Roger Corman's semi-classic "Star Wars" cash-in is essentially a space-faring "Magnificent Seven," as Richard "John-Boy Walton" Thomas recruits a crew of stellar mercenaries to defend his peace-loving planet from invasion by the evil Count Sador (Boo! Hiss!).

The cast is a virtual "who's who" of B-filmdom including John Saxon, Robert Vaughn, George Peppard and Sybil Danning, the special effects are surprisingly well done (especially by Corman standards) and the whole thing is simply charming, action packed Saturday-matinee fun.

Sounds like this'll be a good one to watch with the guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t7z_44nGio

Sounds like this'll be a good one to watch with the guys.

The whole movie is available on YouTube if you wanna check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYgu91HbBL4

51qQDqUyAzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This is on Netflix, let me know what you think.

Alex Cross! Not sure how I feel and how this will be with this guy taking over for Moran Freeman, but I love Kiss The Girls and Along Came A Spider. So I have to see this, (the trailer looked really good) so here we go!

Liked it.

"Hang 'Em High" (1968)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJqIbHT1-lM

Old-school Western starring a young and bad-ass Clint Eastwood as a would-be rancher who nearly gets lynched when he's mistaken for a cattle rustler. After he recovers, he joins the Federal Marshals and then embarks on a mission of vengeance against the men who almost killed him.

Started The Dark Knight Rises last night and fell asleep before the opening credits... No reflection of the film I'm sure, just how old and lame I am...

Belee dat. I should assume your life is also a bit more draining at the moment, too.

Belee dat! :)

Gonna watch another 15 minutes of it tonight before I fall asleep. Is it me though or is the voice of Bane (SP)anoying as fudge.?

51qQDqUyAzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This is on Netflix, let me know what you think.

Well I think while some actions are worth watching, the whole film is kinda average, probably justified the 6.5/10 rank on IMDB, but not bad at all

• My Little Pony

Gonna watch another 15 minutes of it tonight before I fall asleep. Is it me though or is the voice of Bane (SP)anoying as fudge.?

I actually liked his voice. Tom Hardy is a great actor, too.

When I watched it about a month ago, I mentioned Banes voice too. Maybe Im just getting old. :o But I had a hard time understanding a lot of what he said. He seemed to be mumbling a lot. Thats about the only part of the movie I didnt like.

"Maniac Cop 3: Badge of Silence" (1993)

In the 3rd installment of the horror-action series, killer cop Matt Cordell is brought back from the dead (again) thanks to a voodoo spell, and he's fixated on a female NYPD officer who's been gravely wounded in the line of duty. Tough-guy cop Robert D'Avi returns from "MC 2" to try and prevent her from becoming the unwilling Bride of the Maniac.

"Badge of Silence" concentrates less on the "horror" end of things and more towards the "action" (it also ends with one of the most ridiculous car chase scenes ever put to celluloid) but overall, "MC3" provides plenty of carnage and enough over-the-top violence to satisfy most adrenaline junkies.