Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

THE GREY

Liam Neeson in a horror/thriller about plane-crash survivors being hunted by a pack of wolves. Standard story-line, but the best film I've seen all year by some margin. Watch it.

Is that cinema or sky ?

Blue-ray (from Blockbusters) :) Awesome film. The plane-crash sequence is unbelievable, and the ending is epic...

THE GREY

Liam Neeson in a horror/thriller about plane-crash survivors being hunted by a pack of wolves. Standard story-line, but the best film I've seen all year by some margin. Watch it.

Is that cinema or sky ?

Blue-ray (from Blockbusters) :) Awesome film. The plane-crash sequence is unbelievable, and the ending is epic...

I know I'm missing the point, but this would just annoy me as my OCD would make me keep thinking, "but wolves would never hunt people". :rolleyes:

THE GREY

Is that cinema or sky ?

I know I'm missing the point, but this would just annoy me as my OCD would make me keep thinking, "but wolves would never hunt people". :rolleyes:

Not if you're sitting in your lounge watching a film, maybe. But if you're plane crashed in the far Northern Hemisphere (during winter) then I'm guessing - if they'd explored all the smaller and easier to catch prey - you'd be fair game.

THE GREY

Is that cinema or sky ?

Not if you're sitting in your lounge watching a film, maybe. But if you're plane crashed in the far Northern Hemisphere (during winter) then I'm guessing - if they'd explored all the smaller and easier to catch prey - you'd be fair game.

I'm no wolf expert, but I've read a bit about them and as far as I know, they will never attack humans as prey. The only exceptions might be the very sick or badly injured, or young children. I know it's only a film though and will keep taking the pills. :)

"Metamorphosis" (1990)

[media=]

[/media]

Shameless low-budget Italian made ripoff of David Cronenberg's remake of "The Fly," in which a university genetecist makes the poor decision to test his anti-aging serum on himself. Naturally, he slowly de-volves into a shambling, homicidal something-or-other.

This flick borrows virtually everything from "The Fly," right down to the tragic romance angle. It is glacially paced, poorly acted, and the "reveal" of the scientist's final "de-evolutionized" form is frickin laughable.

Some of you might remember seeing the VHS box for this one in video stores back in the day -- it had a button on the front which made the guy's eyes light up red (or perhaps it was green, I forget) when you pushed it. That was a better special effect than anything in the actual movie.

21FMMTQJJ4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Final verdict: Avoid!!!

You Again

Kristin Bell pops up a lot lately, had never heard of her before until there was a thread on here.

This evening with the young'ins:

"The Shaggy Dog" (2006)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XU5NidGJ5w

21st Century update of the Disney classic, with Tim Allen as a dog-hating D.A. who gets in touch with his canine side after a bite from a mystic pooch. A pre-"Iron Man" Robert Downey Jr. (who probably wishes he could strike this from his resume) is the animal-testing bad guy.

Fun for kids, relatively painless for their parents.

"Rest Stop" (2006)

[media=]

[/media]

Lame entry in the "stranded travelers vs. homicidal killer on a deserted road" genre (see: "Joy Ride," "Jeepers Creepers," "Wrong Turn," etc.) ...some OK gore but there are way too many plot holes and "WTF?" moments... this is one of those movies where you instantly hate the lead characters and you say to yourself "these people are idiots, and they deserve everything that's about to happen to them."

Ignore, delete, destroy. Fortunately I only paid a buck for this DVD.

"Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me" (1999)

http://

In his second spy-spoof adventure, Austin time travels back to 1969, where he hooks up with the uber-hot CIA babe Felicity Shagwell (Heather Graham) and battles Dr. Evil on the moon to recover his stolen "mojo." Silly as hell but oh so much fun!!!

PRICELESS (2006)

a good French romance/comedy movie about a bartender who fall in love with a gold-digger. Audrey here as Irene is just cute and there are some really funny moments inside, and also hats off to the guy who played Jean character, his acting is very natural.

'New Years Eve' ; if you've seen 'Valentines Day' this is it again. Everyone person who's ever been in a movie is in this. My wife calls it a romcom, though I kind of missed the "com" part, but it's okay. Harmless garbage which doesn't really bother me. Craziest thing here is that Katherine Heigl actually probably outshines Gloria from 'Modern Family' in this one. That last dress that Heigl wears in this is just penis clenching.

'New Years Eve' ; if you've seen 'Valentines Day' this is it again. Everyone person who's ever been in a movie is in this. My wife calls it a romcom, though I kind of missed the "com" part, but it's okay. Harmless garbage which doesn't really bother me. Craziest thing here is that Katherine Heigl actually probably outshines Gloria from 'Modern Family' in this one. That last dress that Heigl wears in this is just penis clenching.

It seems I've gotta see this one. :)