Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

220px-Twelve_monkeysmp.jpg

An okay sci-fi movie for me but apparently it's highly praised by many. Anyone dig it so much ?

Brad Pitt and Bruce Willis' acting is phenomenal and Madeleine Stowe is stunningly beautiful here

• 2023 Gold Donors

Just rewatched "Rad", although it was released in Australia as "Helltrack" for some reason. Great AOR soundtrack featuring Australia's "John Farnham".

"Stan Bush" and "Lionville" do great versions of this one.

https://youtu.be/L7qUKam5200

It also features another great Aussie song, Real Life - Send me an Angel.

Ocean's Eleven - Clooney and Pitt version.

Held up well. I remember Ocean's Twelve being average, but I'll watch that next and see if I was just in a shitty mood when I saw it.

"Zombie Holocaust" (aka "Doctor Butcher MD," 1980)

A team of medical researchers are investigating incidents of cannibalism in a New York City hospital. Eventually they end up on the tropical island that's home to the tribe of flesh eaters, and encounter a crazed doctor whose unauthorized surgical experiments on the natives have created a race of zombies.
This cult Italian fiesta of gory, random gut munching flesh ripping nonsense has no social redeeming value whatsoever, but it's still entertaining as hell in a "WTF?" car-crash sort of way.

"Lady Avenger" (1989)

A woman is given a weekend pass from prison in order to attend her brother's funeral, then goes vigilante against the gang of drug dealers who killed him. The frequent nude scenes by scream queen Michelle Bauer (who plays the heroine's slutty best friend) provide the main highlights in this generic slice of direct-to-video action junk directed by the infamous David DeCoteau ("Creepozoids," "Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-A-Rama").

• My Little Pony

Boy (2010)

New Zealand coming of age tale. Well done. Not as emotional as I was expecting, or perhaps I simply have no heart. It was quite funny, though.

Peter Kay: Live & Back on Nights (2012)

A two part documentary series about the greatest selling comedy tour of all time. Peter Kay is my favourite comic. I've seen this tour -- not live, of course -- five or six times, so it was really cool to see how it came about, and even cooler to see footage from other nights. I've never cried of laughter during a documentary before.

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (1988)

I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from this film, though it certainly wasn't as wacky as I anticipated from Terry Gilliam. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It reminded me of Tarsem Singh's The Fall.

250px-Locke_poster.jpg

Good one-man-show movie, nice dialogue and performance by Hardy.

Recommended if you're not bored with movies like Moon, Life of Pi, All Is Lost, Cast Away, etc.

220px-Million_Dollar_Baby_poster.jpg

Like it, stellar performance by those three, recommended if you like sports/drama like Rocky but with much better acting of course and an Oscar movie of 2004.

• My Little Pony

Star Wars VII -The Force Awakens ...Abrams did a really good job of restarting this series...I'm looking forward to more SW films...

Yup. I can't wait for the one this Christmas. Alan Tudyk and Donnie Yen in a Star Wars film? So excited!

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Wallace & Gromit: A Matter Of Loaf And Death (with my girls :))

Spotlight, not bad but weird choice for a date...... :whistle:

Went into it without fully knowing what it was about, FAIL on my part! :D

love that movie, an eye-opener, very well acted, and good storyline, but yeah probably not a good choice for a date :D

Favorite movie!!!

yeah it's a fun one and still can't believe Ralph Macchio was 22 when they shot the movie, he surely looked like 17

He (almost) still looks like that today :D

Jokes aside, this movie really means a lot to me I don't know it just had a huge impact on me as a kid (and I first saw it sometime in the mid 90s when I was 7 or 8, maybe a little younger I don't remember exactly) and I don't know HOW many times I've seen it. It's 2 hours long so it has enough time for the story and relationships between characters to evolve, no matter how cheesy most people make it out to be

He moves from Jersey to California with only his mother, has a hard time adjusting, meets Miyagi and becomes best friends with him, gets his ass kicked sooo many times, overcomes all odds by winning the tournament, gaining respect and getting the girl in the end (sure she breaks up with him right at the start of the next movie, but we don't need to know that at this point ;-)

Great soundtrack too with Joe Esposito's ''You're The Best'' which probably was one of the factors that subconsciously made me aware of and gravitate towards AOR later in my life cause the vibe of the song got etched into my brain and the emotion when hearing it left a big impact which still resonates to this day.

The end where Johnny loses and then hands Daniel the trophy and says he deserves it... gets me every time :D perfect movie

Took my sons to see Batman v Superman...not bad,build up was a tad overlong but overall really enjoyable & I thought Affleck did a good job as opposed to some of the things i'd read prior to the movies release

Stag Night of the Living Dead

Yes it is as bad as it sounds Keith you will live it.

I'll add it to my list. :D

"Mercenaries" (2014)

An entertainingly silly gender-swapped "Expendables" knockoff from the Asylum. When the President's daughter is kidnapped by an uber-psycho wanna-be female warlord (Brigitte Nielsen, who has aged terribly!!) in Kazhakstan, the CIA (led by '80s kung-fu queen Cynthia Rothrock) assembles a team of warrior women with nothing to lose (including Kristianna "Terminator 3" Loken and Vivica "Independence Day" Fox) to go on a rescue mission. Bullets fly, stuff blows up, much ass gets kicked, yadda yadda yadda.

As Asylum movies go, this one is actually not half bad... but of course that's still a long way from "good." :)