Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"Fahrenheit 9/11" (2004)

Michael Moore's gripping-but-grim examination of 9/11 and its after effects on America (the Patriot Act, the war in Iraq, etc.) is basically a feature length middle finger to the Republican Party in general and George W. Bush in particular. Depending on your political leanings, you'll either think this movie is a bunch of biased, left wing anti-American propaganda, or the most horrifyingly truthful film you've ever seen. Either way, it'll cause a reaction.

Just got done watching a horrible (even by my standards) flick about a bitch with teeth in her snatch, it's simply called Teeth, and I recommend it to anyone who has an extra hour and a half they would like to totally waste on nothing, and mindlessly wish to just fill their head with nothing, and receive nothing for doing it.

There are 2 Bruce Willis movies on Netflix that I'm going to check out this weekend. FIRE FIRE, and THE SET UP. Both straight to dvd.

"Slither" (2006)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sag-QZkrs4w

Nathan ("Castle," "Firefly") Fillion stars as the sheriff of a small redneck town who must deal with a sudden invasion by slug-like, mind-controlling aliens in this goofy, gory, action packed horror comedy that's kinda like "The Blob" hopped up on steroids and Red Bull. My wife and I were either laughing or saying "Ewwwww" all the way thru it (and sometimes doing both at the same time). Also stars Michael (Merle on "The Walking Dead") Rooker and the lovely Elizabeth Banks. Worth a look!

Rock Of Ages - psych. I did put it on to watch it but HATED it from the moment it started. I held on for a moment, but couldn't make it through 10mins of this shit. One nerdy thing I noted was that it was set in 1987, as they all sung Poison's 'Nothin' but a good time' (1988) and then stood in a record store with Skid Row's 'I remember you' (1989) on the speakers. But that was the least of this movies' worried. Shockingly unwatchable.

Savages - very nice film from Oliver Stone about a pair of drug importers/growers/dealers and their shared lover. Good, violent story - I liked it alot.

Freedom Writers - kinda like a PG version of something like Dangerous Minds. Predictable, cringe-worthy and kind of lame, but it was okay for what it is. Cool that it was based on a real story too.

One nerdy thing I noted was that it was set in 1987, as they all sung Poison's 'Nothin' but a good time' (1988) and then stood in a record store with Skid Row's 'I remember you' (1989) on the speakers. But that was the least of this movies' worried. Shockingly unwatchable.

Same thing happened with the flick "Rock Star" -- it supposedly took place in 1985 (or thereabouts) yet songs from AC/DC's "Razors Edge" album (1990) were on the soundtrack.

I guess the guys who make these films figure nobody is gonna notice except for obsessive message board nitpickers like Geoff and myself. ;)

One nerdy thing I noted was that it was set in 1987, as they all sung Poison's 'Nothin' but a good time' (1988) and then stood in a record store with Skid Row's 'I remember you' (1989) on the speakers. But that was the least of this movies' worried. Shockingly unwatchable.

Same thing happened with the flick "Rock Star" -- it supposedly took place in 1985 (or thereabouts) yet songs from AC/DC's "Razors Edge" album (1990) were on the soundtrack.

I guess the guys who make these films figure nobody is gonna notice except for obsessive message board nitpickers like Geoff and myself. ;)

I think that kind of stuff happened in Hot Tub Time Machine too

• My Little Pony

I haven't seen either, so I can't comment. But it reminds me of Undergrads. "Continuity error. I watched a movie good!"

I always thought Rock Star was loosely based on when Judas Priest lost Rob Halford and got Tim "Ripper" Owens?? So it would be taking place around 1991 or so?? Of course I could be wrong.... It's a pretty good movie though....

• My Little Pony

51TG-2w0SjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Love it!

I've actually never seen this. I'll have to check it out this weekend.

Just finished this, and now I'm wondering why I hadn't seen this fourteen years ago.

"Justice League: The New Frontier" (2008)

Action packed flick from the DC Animated Universe is set in the 1950s and details the formation of the Justice League of America, against a political backdrop that included commie paranoia and the space race. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Flash and the Martian Manhunter (to name just a few) band together to battle a gigantic alien invader with an extinction-level agenda.

Cool, retro-flavored animation and a great voice cast that includes David ("Angel," "Bones") Boreanaz, Lucy ("Xena") Lawless, Brooke Shields (!) and Neil Patrick Harris.

'G I Joe' ; pretty awful, but the delicious brunette and particularly delicious redhead in this one made it a little worthwhile. I did fall asleep during it, though, just because the story was so f*cking boring. Bad movie, nice eye candy.

'Gattaca' ; not a bad film at all. I liked it. Good kind of futuristic film about a dude wilfully stealing the identity of a superior human in order to pursue his dreams.

Love it!

Just finished this, and now I'm wondering why I hadn't seen this fourteen years ago.

Good stuff!

Love it!

Good stuff!

ANd Sigourney Weaver is tasty as a blonde, course the cleavage doesn't hurt...does it???

Sanctum-Meh.

51lSjJy22EL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

A great satire dark comedy about how a depressed family man turn himself into a spree killer, and accompanied by a young teenie who also can't stand the world. At times, this is kinda sick and maybe not for everyone, but there's a deep message behind it I guess. Good movie

• My Little Pony

51lSjJy22EL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

A great satire dark comedy about how a depressed family man turn himself into a spree killer, and accompanied by a young teenie who also can't stand the world. At times, this is kinda sick and maybe not for everyone, but there's a deep message behind it I guess. Good movie

Very good film, this.