Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn

Took the kids to the £1 showing at the local cinema on Saturday morning and was very pleasantly surprised. I thought this would be good, but it was much better than I'd expected. Great film, the animation is amazing, the story is good and there is plenty of humour. No criticism at all really.

I've been taping movies on cable lately and for some reason, the other night I decided to tape Duets, if for no other reason than to see Huey Lewis. That said, it actually kinda enjoyed it. Other than Paul Giamatti's manic character, I liked everyone, particularly Andre Braugher's character. Pretty nice interplay of the stories and all the different lives of the main players.

AMERICAN REUNION (2012)

the last installment of the American Pie series, probably the last desperate attempt to cash in from the series but I guess the movie itself works out pretty fine, I dig it! Nice to see Stifler and the boys back again and this time Stifler has his revenge :D

"Invasion of the Bee Girls" (1973)

[media=]

[/media]

'70s sexploitation sci-fi in which a government agent is sent to investigate the mysterious deaths of numerous male scientists at a research lab... and discovers that an experiment gone wrong has turned the local females into horny, human/bee mutations that kill whenever they mate. Lots of T&A and plenty of random WTF-ness ensues.

Seriously, this movie made no sense but lotsa pretty girls get nekkid, so hoo-boy was it fun to watch.

Fun facts:

This was the debut film of screenwriter Nicholas Meyer, who went on to direct two "Star Trek" films.

Female lead Victoria Vetri was Playboy's 1968 Playmate of the Year, and she is currently doing time in prison for attempted manslaughter for shooting her husband in 2010. (Yikes!)

The film was also released under the alternate title "Graveyard Tramps," which makes no sense whatsoever. But that's OK cuz neither does the movie.

CARNAGE (2011)

a smart movie I must say, and perhaps if anyone's digging 'Sunset Limited', this is quite similar where the movie was taken place in a small apartment, and this time, it's about a friendly meeting between two couples to discuss their sons' dispute where eventually the peaceful discussion turns into a chaotic verbal battle. Good one and a brilliant performance by Jodie Foster and also Kate Winslet!

THE FLOWERS OF WAR (2011)

a heartbreaking movie about Japanese occupation in Nanking, China. Christian Bale did it again with a splendid performance as a mortician, and this portrays the inhuman treatment of Japanese troops in 1937 where women, kids, civilians were raped, butchered, slaughtered. A painful watch yet a revealing movie about how great a human heart can be in a certain life-and-death situation.

"Hamburger: The Motion Picture"

My favorite bad '80s no-budget low brow comedy. Perennial academic washout Russell needs a college degree in order to receive his inheritance, so he signs up for a last ditch attempt at Buster Burger University to learn the ins and outs of the fast food business. Burger-intensive mayhem, bad acting, cheap jokes, endless burger puns, and much gratuitious nudity ensues.

Make no mistake, this movie is awful, but I love it.

PARENTHOOD (1989)

Steve Martin was so young and so was Keanu Reeves here. Actually, not a very funny comedy but how family handles the problem is very realistic and can happen to us all the time. Decent movie, and looks like there's a modern remake of this movie I guess