Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Bad Teacher ; not bad at all. I'd read just a few days earlier than one of the downsides of this was Timberlake's performance and point in the film and I would have to agree with that... but aside from that it was good. A good dose of genuine laughs escaped me, so that's always good. And it didn't opt for the predictable 3/4 movie breakdown too, which was nice. I still can't figure out Cameron Diaz either. Every now and then she does look pretty good, but 90% of the time she just looks like an anorexic, withered up old hag. But... there are moments. Credit where it's due. End of the day, it was an enjoyable film. Oh, and amazing rack from the implant sampler.

Bridesmaids ; miles apart from what I expected from this, it was actually pretty good. And funny. I was expecting some sappy girly flick, but that's not it at all. Again, some good and genuine laughs here. I enjoyed it... though it was very long - about 2 hours and 15 mins I think?

Love & Other Drugs ; another movie and nudity that completely took me by surprise and reminded me how far out of the times I am when it comes to movies and Hollywood. I'll make it clear that I in no way shape or form do I find Anne Hathaway attractive. Her face irritates me to shittery. Super ugly smile, huge set of teeth... constantly awkward/ugly expression. She just really annoys me. Until, that is... she started getting her gear off all over this film. Man, what a great body / outstanding rack. I was stunned and super surprised to see her getting nude all over the place, but grateful too. Added a lot to the film. It wasn't a bad film... I saw it called an 'Adult Romance.' It's a bit of a spradic film about a medical salesman and at one point it seems to be following that path, but then is also a pretty deep story about the romance between the salesman and a girl with Parkinsons (Hathaway). It's not brilliant, but it kept me entertained.

MOVIE TRIVIA TIME

I have a question in this thread for you movie buffs. Who can help me out. I think it was earlier this year, possibly late last year... there was a film released. I only saw the preview once. I think it was about a group of young people who go on some adventure into the jungle somewhere (something to do with Incaas?) and find this massive hole in the ground which they then explore? Maybe? I really forget. It could be a horror flick? I dunno, I just remember this preview and thought I really want to see it. Anyone got any idea what it could be. It is not 'Sanctum' or one of 'The Descent' movies. Any ideas? Thanks.

MOVIE TRIVIA TIME

I have a question in this thread for you movie buffs. Who can help me out. I think it was earlier this year, possibly late last year... there was a film released. I only saw the preview once. I think it was about a group of young people who go on some adventure into the jungle somewhere (something to do with Incaas?) and find this massive hole in the ground which they then explore? Maybe? I really forget. It could be a horror flick? I dunno, I just remember this preview and thought I really want to see it. Anyone got any idea what it could be. It is not 'Sanctum' or one of 'The Descent' movies. Any ideas? Thanks.

Its called The Ruins and it is a good one! OF course the book was just pitch perfect which may have tainted my veiwing of the film, but as said I still enjoyed it.

MOVIE TRIVIA TIME

Its called The Ruins and it is a good one! OF course the book was just pitch perfect which may have tainted my veiwing of the film, but as said I still enjoyed it.

Excellent. That looks like the one! If I could I'd kiss your scalp. I wouldn't but it sounds nice, and kind of sexy. So lets just pretend I would. Thanks 'eaps!

JANE EYRE (2011)

thought at first it's gonna be a sleepy drama, well turns out the story is actually good. Well yeah a cliche romantic drama but it's not really that shallow. I watched this because my wife is usually fond of movies with a setting of 18th or 19th century, the scenery is beautiful too, and the language used is very polite and very classic English.

Just found out that it's based on an old novel, and it's about a young orphan girl that run away from her home because she didn't get treated very well by her aunt and ended up in a place where she taught children and eventually fell in love with a landlord kind of stuff.

Halloween last night so after the usual Halloween Simpsons fest put a couple of my fave old b & w films on

Vampyr

Nosferatu

You've mentioned these before I think,

I've still yet to see these. :beerbang:

MARGIN CALL (2011)

a prologue to catastrophic financial crisis of 2008, 24 hours before it all started, and it's centered on an investment bank who found out if they didn't act, they'll crushed down quickly. A very well acted by Kevin Spacey, Demi Moore, and Jeremy Irons, but the whole other gang are also crazily good, including the two youngsters.

However, this movie didn't give enough information about the crisis itself, so it's like they're taking the situation as the background story, but the essence is the drama about how people behave, the fear, the greed, the hesitation, the integrity, and everything revolving around that crisis.

Great movie for me but 'Too Big To Fail' is more intense and better, but probably not for everyone, if you like 'Too Big To Fail' or 'Inside Job', this can make a good prequel for your watching enjoyment.

'The Dilemma' ; pretty average. Not too bad, and more importantly not too predictable either. It flowed along pretty nicely and was good enough, but it's a bit lacklustre. If it's a comedy it failed miserably at that, but it was still a decent film.

'Scream 4' ; hate to say it, but this was pretty poor. I love the first 3 but this one just seemed to be trying a little too hard. Too much banal drivel about horror movies and what should or shouldn't happen in them and what was happening in the horror story that was playing out before them. I still enjoy these types of films, but this did seem really stupid to me. And what the hell was up with that cheerleader from 'Heroes' haircut?! Somehow she still managed to look pretty sexual, but awful haircut. End of the day, it was enjoyable enough to watch, but a really stupid movie.

Season Of The Witch - Witches, demons, Middle Age, blood, violence... and a stupid story with some poor CGI. But I liked that one to be honest.

Franklyn - A very original movie imo, some kinda mix of fantasy, thriller, drama and art films.

Jack Jack - A documentary of a Hungarian rock project, quite enjoyable and the music is suprisingly good. I have to get their album.

THE BORGIAS - Season 1 (2011)

brilliant, really brilliant !

If you dig intrigue/political kind of movie, this is a historical but with fictional-twist tale about The Borgias family in the 13th-14th century, Spanish descendant in Vatican, where all the debauchery happens, not the everyday thing you'll see on a Catholic regime.

Can't wait for season 2, and together with 'Game of Thrones' are probably the best TV series of 2011 :tumbsup: :tumbsup:

CRAZY STUPID LOVE, very good! One of the better adult comedies I've seen a while. Likeable actors, good score and both humorous and touching. The Blockbuster girl asked me if it was as good as HORRIBLE BOSSES, I told her it was a better movie, but it is more "grown-up" comedy.

Just saw HB too, liked it but it could have been better considering the talent involved. Me & my buddy thought the 3 friends didn't quite work, we decided the weak link was Jason Sedakus. Spacey kills of course. Still recommend :)

ROCKY (1976)

classic Stallone movie that's inspired by the epic 15-rounds match of Ali-vs-Wepner. A very low budget movie that shot him to superstardom. Can't believe this thing is already 35 years old, still an exciting Balboa-Creed boxing match to watch!

"Motel Hell" (1980)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4AR3BgaCdA

Kindly old Farmer Vincent (Rory Calhoun) and his sister Ida (Nancy Parsons, aka Miss Ballbricker of "Porky's" fame) live a quiet life running a secluded rural motel, and they have a thriving smoked-meats business on the side. Their secret ingredient? People!

...this goofball cannibal cult-fave horror comedy is not nearly as gory/gross as you'd expect given its premise, but it's worth a look just for the climactic chainsaw battle between Farmer Vincent and his kid brother. Also watch for future "Cheers" star John "Cliff Klaven" Ratzenberger and radio legend Wolfman Jack in small roles.

"Motel Hell" (1980)

Kindly old Farmer Vincent (Rory Calhoun) and his sister Ida (Nancy Parsons, aka Miss Ballbricker of "Porky's" fame) live a quiet life running a secluded rural motel, and they have a thriving smoked-meats business on the side. Their secret ingredient? People!

...this goofball cannibal cult-fave horror comedy is not nearly as gory/gross as you'd expect given its premise, but it's worth a look just for the climactic chainsaw battle between Farmer Vincent and his kid brother. Also watch for future "Cheers" star John "Cliff Klaven" Ratzenberger and radio legend Wolfman Jack in small roles.

I remember a clip for this when it first came out that kind of freaked us out, someone with a pigs head wielding a chainsaw .... I think :yikes:

"Motel Hell" (1980)

I remember a clip for this when it first came out that kind of freaked us out, someone with a pigs head wielding a chainsaw .... I think :yikes:

Yep, that's this movie.

The first time I saw this movie I was about 13 and it freakin' traumatized me...haha. Now 25+ years later I'm watching it like "Damn, I was way more impressionable back then." It's more comedic than horrific. Though I'm not entirely sure the comedy was intentional. :lol:

"Motel Hell" (1980)

Yep, that's this movie.

The first time I saw this movie I was about 13 and it freakin' traumatized me...haha. Now 25+ years later I'm watching it like "Damn, I was way more impressionable back then." It's more comedic than horrific. Though I'm not entirely sure the comedy was intentional. :lol:

Quality stuff and agree more comedic horror than down and dirty blood and guts! I dug the adverts back in the day with the neon sign that said "Motel Hello" with the o flashing in and out. Oh and curtousy of that pig headed SOB I still get a jump if I see someone in an animal mask.