Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Valentine

Cheap slasher flick for the "big day" but hey, there are Denise Richards and Katherine Heigl in it! :tumbsup:

I never relaized that Katherine Keigl was in that.

I think I knew at the time - she was in the TV show 'Roswell' back then and I was in love with her. :lol: But yeah, forgotten about that through the years too. Will need to watch again. She was so much better looking back in those days.

'The Happening' ; Stupid concept, but this could have been half decent. I enjoyed the actual film enough, but what the hell was with the dreadful acting, by everyone, throughout the whole film? Everyone was terrible. And How Walberg and that girl were meant to be playing a couple is beyond me. They looked as "together" as rabies and AIDs on a date. I could handle the film, but it wasn't easy.

I remember Roswell since some former Buffy alum was in it but never watched it consistently so didn't really know who Heigl was until Greys and didn't care until 'Knocked Up'.

Yeah, I used to love that 'Roswell' show - saw every single episode. It was a bit teen drama-ish, but I reckon you'd enjoy it enough. And Heigl was young and ripe with a huge pair of norks and not a stick figure. Yeah, she delivered back then.

I've been watching Roswell through Netflix and now I'm hooked.

At first yeah it was kind of Dawson's Creek with Aliens but now it's got more interesting as it's went on.

"Predators" (2010)

A bad-ass assortment of the world's best mercenaries, soldiers, and killers find themselves dropped into the jungles of Planet Predator and quickly realize that they're the "game" in the aliens' "game preserve." Mucho violence and carnage ensues. Fun for a while, but runs out of steam by the end and was slightly disappointing overall.

Horrible re-make of a great film IMO. The casting and the aliens are a joke...

"Devil" (2010)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7l3nzjHYTg

Satan's loose in a Philadelphia office building...and he may be one of the people trapped in a stuck elevator.

I wasn't expecting much from this flick because the concept didn't seem "meaty" enough for a feature length movie but I was pleasantly surprised, it held my interest and kept me guessing throughout. Good stuff.

I watched this last night as well. For the below average reviews it received I thought it was pretty good. I thought the ending was decent, the acting was good.

I agree not a bad film,saw this a few weeks ago.

Valentine

Cheap slasher flick for the "big day" but hey, there are Denise Richards and Katherine Heigl in it! :tumbsup:

I think I knew at the time - she was in the TV show 'Roswell' back then and I was in love with her. :lol: But yeah, forgotten about that through the years too. Will need to watch again. She was so much better looking back in those days.

'The Happening' ; Stupid concept, but this could have been half decent. I enjoyed the actual film enough, but what the hell was with the dreadful acting, by everyone, throughout the whole film? Everyone was terrible. And How Walberg and that girl were meant to be playing a couple is beyond me. They looked as "together" as rabies and AIDs on a date. I could handle the film, but it wasn't easy.

I remember Roswell since some former Buffy alum was in it but never watched it consistently so didn't really know who Heigl was until Greys and didn't care until 'Knocked Up'.

Yeah, I used to love that 'Roswell' show - saw every single episode. It was a bit teen drama-ish, but I reckon you'd enjoy it enough. And Heigl was young and ripe with a huge pair of norks and not a stick figure. Yeah, she delivered back then.

At first yeah it was kind of Dawson's Creek with Aliens but now it's got more interesting as it's went on.

Nice retrieval. I've been thinking of TV series I'd like to get box sets if I could ever find them cheap, and I'd totally watch this again. It's on my list.

Valentine

Nice retrieval. I've been thinking of TV series I'd like to get box sets if I could ever find them cheap, and I'd totally watch this again. It's on my list.

I can't say I recall watching it, but that little Molly Ringwald looking redheaded girl sure makes my pants tight...

On topic:

Watched that newer Bruce Cambell movie "They Call Me Bruce". Obsolutely perfect!

Valentine

I can't say I recall watching it, but that little Molly Ringwald looking redheaded girl sure makes my pants tight...

Yeah, all 3 lead girls in it were worth a crack, but for me personally the young, ripe and delicious version of a well stacked Katherine Heigl was the prize. :)

I guess I'm about 1/2 way through RESCUE DAWN and to be honest, I'm having a hard time getting into it.

i somehow like that movie, a bitter picture of POW's miserable life, but that's also probably I think that Bale is a very good actor, i like most of his movies, including the underrated Harsh Times :)

Last night I started watching "The Case of the Whitechapel Vampire," a made-for-cable flick starring Matt ("Max Headroom") Frewer as Sherlock Holmes (!), investigating a series of murders around an East End monastery that may or may not be vampiric in nature.

Pretty good flick thus far but I started it too late @ night and I was too tired so I turned it off about halfway thru and will watch the rest tonight. I'm still not 100% sold on Frewer's portrayal of Holmes; he seems to be playing him a bit too campy (and besides, he's not even British!)

I guess I'm about 1/2 way through RESCUE DAWN and to be honest, I'm having a hard time getting into it.

i somehow like that movie, a bitter picture of POW's miserable life, but that's also probably I think that Bale is a very good actor, i like most of his movies, including the underrated Harsh Times :)

finished this yesterday. it was an ok watch for me but I'm kind of bummed I bought it and have thought of taking it to my local G2K (game store like game stop) and trading it in for store credit.

Last night I started watching "The Case of the Whitechapel Vampire," a made-for-cable flick starring Matt ("Max Headroom") Frewer as Sherlock Holmes (!), investigating a series of murders around an East End monastery that may or may not be vampiric in nature.

Pretty good flick thus far but I started it too late @ night and I was too tired so I turned it off about halfway thru and will watch the rest tonight. I'm still not 100% sold on Frewer's portrayal of Holmes; he seems to be playing him a bit too campy (and besides, he's not even British!)

Finished this last night, it was OK but nothing I'll ever watch again. Apparently this was the fourth and final film in a series of Sherlock Holmes mysteries made for the Hallmark Channel in the early '00s. I doubt I'll be seeking out the other three anytime soon.

"Red" (2010)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7tvQZ1RJ2Y

Bruce Willis is a former CIA operative who finds out he's part of a group of fellow retirees that have been targeted for termination. Funny action comedy with a great cast (John Malkovich and Helen Mirren in particular are a hoot) runs a bit too long for its own good but it was still a fun watch.

"Red" (2010)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7tvQZ1RJ2Y

Bruce Willis is a former CIA operative who finds out he's part of a group of fellow retirees that have been targeted for termination. Funny action comedy with a great cast (John Malkovich and Helen Mirren in particular are a hoot) runs a bit too long for its own good but it was still a fun watch.

Watched it last weekend and enjoyed it. :)

Just watched...

"Piranha" (2010)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU8mCLZqunE

This updated version of Joe Dante's 1978 classic (which I also love!) is pure creature feature heaven in a box. An underwater earthquake unleashes a horde of prehistoric piranhas into scenic Lake Victoria, Arizona... which unfortunately happens to be packed to the gills (sorry) with Spring Break revelers. The result? Gore galore and gratuitious nudity out the wazoo! It's a pure exploitation flick, no brain required. I laughed my a$$ off and give it two fins up.

Geoff, if you haven't seen this one yet, put it on your list... that gal Kelly Brook you were talkin' about in this thread a while back has a major role in it. Now I know what all the fuss is about. Schweeeeeet. :masturbanana:

Just watched...

"Piranha" (2010)

This updated version of Joe Dante's 1978 classic (which I also love!) is pure creature feature heaven in a box. An underwater earthquake unleashes a horde of prehistoric piranhas into scenic Lake Victoria, Arizona... which unfortunately happens to be packed to the gills (sorry) with Spring Break revelers. The result? Gore galore and gratuitious nudity out the wazoo! It's a pure exploitation flick, no brain required. I laughed my a$$ off and give it two fins up.

Geoff, if you haven't seen this one yet, put it on your list... that gal Kelly Brook you were talkin' about in this thread a while back has a major role in it. Now I know what all the fuss is about. Schweeeeeet. :masturbanana:

This movie was awesome period, I loved it. It was a pure throwback to the more fun and gore Horror movies. Plus many topless chicks so I guess that's a plus as well. My only complaints would be that it ended to soon and the final scene, while unespected, wasn't the final scene I had hoped for.

Just watched...

"Piranha" (2010)

I watched this last night too!! DAMN Good flick!! :tumbsup: Mindless gory fun!!! And plenty of half naked chicks too!! Hell a couple FULLY naked chicks too!!! :tits: Is it just Me?? Or have College Kids gotten dumber over the years?? A Cop says Get OUT of the water.. you GET OUT OF THE WATER!!! You don't jump INTO the water and get turned into chum by nasty prehistoric piranhas!! Dumbasses!!! :rofl2: And poor Richard Dreyfuss.. Killed before the opening credits..... But I think My favorite scene?? This guys schlong after being ripped off, just floating down in the water, until a couple of the piranha chow down on it.. And then one just burps it out!! Nasty!! :yikes:

I also watched the Karate Kid from 2010?? I had almost NO expectations going in as I normally don't like Hollywood fucking with a classiuc 80s movie.... BUT I gotta say it was actually quite good... Though it should have been called the Kung Fu Kid, cause He didn't learn Karate, He learned Kung Fu... The storyline pretty much mirrors the original movie too.. Hell some of the dialogue was almost word for word the same stuff!! But, aside from that I found Myself enjoying the movie.. The scenery in China was just Beautiful!! And I like watching Kung Fu more than Karate, because to Me it's more of a Martial Art... Emphasis on Art.... :tumbsup:

"Snowtown"... a story about the notorious 'bodies in the barrels' case from near where i live.

It was on at some film festival over the weekend, and my partner, being the true crime buff that she is, managed to get us tickets.

Was pretty gruesome in 1-or-2 scenes (to the point where people were leaving cinema).

This was some sort of preview screening, with distribution yet to be set up.

http://tix.adelaidefilmfestival.org/session3.asp?sn=Snowtown