Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Clearly you have masochistic tendencies. Wouldn't it be easier and quicker to just grab a couple of toothpicks and skewer them through your eyeballs?

:rofl: Dude, you've seen the kind of crap films I post in this thread -- isn't it quite obvious by now that I have terrible taste in movies?

The funny thing is though I've seen all of the "Children of the Corn" films, I remember almost nothing about any of them other than the first two or three. (I believe there were seven in total.) Naomi Watts was in one of the later sequels before she got famous, and another had one of Frank Zappa's kids in it, but I couldn't tell you anything about what happened in them. They were all instantly forgettable. Kind of like the last couple of direct-to-video "Hellraiser" sequels. All I remember about those is that former MTV hottie Kari Wuhrer was in one of 'em.

I've only seen the original, which is the worst film I've ever seen. There are a lot of terrible films that fit the 'so bad it's good' category, but CotC doesn't even make that list.

Not for nuthin' bro, but if "Children of the Corn" is the worst movie you've ever seen, you haven't seen NEARLY enough bad movies. :lol: There is sooooo much out there that is worse. Take it from one who has dared to plumb the depths of absolute cinematic suckiness!! :banana:

Anyway, last movie seen: "Tentacles" (1977) - an Italian made "Jaws" ripoff about a pissed off giant octopus menacing the residents of a seaside California resort town. Such dependable '70s regulars as Claude (Sheriff Lobo!) Akins, Henry Fonda (!) and Shelley Winters all make appearances in this long, booooooring movie but don't do a whole hell of a lot. There's lots of talking, not enough octopus-munching action. Some nice underwater photography but that's about all. Skip it!

Not for nuthin' bro, but if "Children of the Corn" is the worst movie you've ever seen, you haven't seen NEARLY enough bad movies. :lol: There is sooooo much out there that is worse. Take it from one who has dared to plumb the depths of absolute cinematic suckiness!! :banana:

I have seen a lot of bad films, I just really really really hated Children of the Corn. Admittedly though, I haven't seen Battlefield Earth or whatever it's called, which is meant to be diabolical, or Gigli, which is also meant to be appalling.

I have seen a lot of bad films, I just really really really hated Children of the Corn. Admittedly though, I haven't seen Battlefield Earth or whatever it's called, which is meant to be diabolical, or Gigli, which is also meant to be appalling.

"Battlefield Earth" was godawful. Never seen "Gigli" but I'm morbidly curious about it. I'm one of those guys who, when he hears that so-and-so is the "Worst Movie Ever," usually thinks "OK, I gotta see this... it can't really be THAT bad, can it?" ... and of course, they usually are. :lol:

That said, I would rather watch some of these so-called "bad" movies over much of the modern, ridiculously expensive crap that makes a ton of $$$, i.e. anything by Michael Bay.

Clearly you have masochistic tendencies. Wouldn't it be easier and quicker to just grab a couple of toothpicks and skewer them through your eyeballs?

:rofl: Dude, you've seen the kind of crap films I post in this thread -- isn't it quite obvious by now that I have terrible taste in movies?

The funny thing is though I've seen all of the "Children of the Corn" films, I remember almost nothing about any of them other than the first two or three. (I believe there were seven in total.) Naomi Watts was in one of the later sequels before she got famous, and another had one of Frank Zappa's kids in it, but I couldn't tell you anything about what happened in them. They were all instantly forgettable. Kind of like the last couple of direct-to-video "Hellraiser" sequels. All I remember about those is that former MTV hottie Kari Wuhrer was in one of 'em.

I've only seen the original, which is the worst film I've ever seen. There are a lot of terrible films that fit the 'so bad it's good' category, but CotC doesn't even make that list.

Yeah, pretty much with Keef here. Sure 'Children of the Corn' sucks dog balls (especially the original), but I could name a list of movies possibly into the hundreds that are worse than the 'COTC' series. For some self-inflicting reason I've also seen most of them (and own the videos), up until the really recent ones. Each one as bad and mindless as the previous, but I still watched them. Hang on a sec as Google helps me.

Okay, so I've only seen up until 'Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror', which I remember because there's a sexy girl or two in it. To be honest, looking at the fact I've missed the last 3, I'd like to see them. I might even pick them up from Secondspin for 20c each sometime. :)

"The Invasion" - Nicole Kidman (sighhhhh! :wub:) and Daniel ("New Bond") Craig in yet another retread of the "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" formula. I seem to remember this one got hammered pretty bad when it was released a few years back but I enjoyed it for the most part. The ending was a bit too "pat" for me but up till then it was a decent suspense flick.

CRAZY HEART Good movie, great songs :)

Yeah, pretty much with Keef here. Sure 'Children of the Corn' sucks dog balls (especially the original), but I could name a list of movies possibly into the hundreds that are worse than the 'COTC' series. For some self-inflicting reason I've also seen most of them (and own the videos), up until the really recent ones. Each one as bad and mindless as the previous, but I still watched them. Hang on a sec as Google helps me.

Okay, so I've only seen up until 'Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror', which I remember because there's a sexy girl or two in it. To be honest, looking at the fact I've missed the last 3, I'd like to see them. I might even pick them up from Secondspin for 20c each sometime. :)

The WRONG TURN trilogy are worse than all of the COTC films...

The WRONG TURN trilogy are worse than all of the COTC films.

Dude, bite your tongue. Yes, the latest Wrong Turn (#3) was a total turd, but I really like the first two. Saying they're worse than the Children of the Corn franchise is like saying Megan Fox is uglier than Ellen Degeneres.

Dude, bite your tongue. Yes, the latest Wrong Turn (#3) was a total turd, but I really like the first two. Saying they're worse than the Children of the Corn franchise is like saying Megan Fox is uglier than Ellen Degeneres.

Well maybe the first one was okay. The one that had Henry Rollins in it was bloody awful...

Well maybe the first one was okay. The one that had Henry Rollins in it was bloody awful.

First one was definitely the best, but I liked the 2nd one for what it was--an unapologetic gore-fest. As for the third...yeah, "awful" would be an adequate description. "Total shit" would be a better one.

Well maybe the first one was okay. The one that had Henry Rollins in it was bloody awful.

First one was definitely the best, but I liked the 2nd one for what it was--an unapologetic gore-fest. As for the third...yeah, "awful" would be an adequate description. "Total shit" would be a better one.

Haven't seen the 3rd yet (though it's on my will-buy-when-cheap list) but I must say I prefer the 'Wrong Turn' series to 'COTC' easily. I like the first one and despite being pretty crap, I enjoyed the 2nd one too. Some good quality nudity and sluttery if I recall correctly.

Definitely Maybe

Whoa! What a nice surprise! One of the best romcoms I have ever seen, a really fun, well written film. Loved it, and Mrs Eagle liked it too. Ryan Reynolds is good, and also rather lucky as he gets through 3 stunning girls in the same film - Elizabeth Banks :quagmire:, Isla Fisher :quagmire: :quagmire: and Rachel Weisz :quagmire: :quagmire: :quagmire: :quagmire: :quagmire:

Happy ending of sorts, but not as predictable as most romcoms out there. Great stuff. Oh, and the child actress is really good too, not annoying at all (she was also fantastic in Little Miss Sunshine).

:tumbsup:

Definitely Maybe

Whoa! What a nice surprise! One of the best romcoms I have ever seen, a really fun, well written film. Loved it, and Mrs Eagle liked it too. Ryan Reynolds is good, and also rather lucky as he gets through 3 stunning girls in the same film - Elizabeth Banks :quagmire:, Isla Fisher :quagmire: :quagmire: and Rachel Weisz :quagmire: :quagmire: :quagmire: :quagmire: :quagmire:

Happy ending of sorts, but not as predictable as most romcoms out there. Great stuff. Oh, and the child actress is really good too, not annoying at all (she was also fantastic in Little Miss Sunshine).

:tumbsup:

that was a good movie.

has anyone here watched the movie MUSIC & LYRICS? what a really good movie that was.

Roadgames (1981)

An Australian thriller with Stacy Keach as a truck driver who tries to catch a serial killer. Nice Hitchcock feeling overall, suggestive camera work and the young Jamie Lee Curtis. Cool movie.

Love the sound of that. Just looked up a review in a 'video movie guide' book I have, and I quote: "Even though director Richard Franklin actually studied under Alfred Hitchcock, he doesn't show any of his mentor's ability here." Ouch. Still think I'll check out the film if I get a chance.

Warlock

One of my fave occult horrors, plus it has a humorous side and Julian Sands looks like a Scandinavian metalhead with his long, blonde hair and black clothes. :headbanger:

LOVE that movie!! Just wish he DVD was in widescreen DAMNIT!!!! :angry2: