ADV parts ways with Frontiers Music !

From ADV's FB page:

AS OF TODAY, I PART WAYS WITH FRONTIERS MUSIC SRL.
I know this might sound like a shock to some, but it’s been going on for a few months now and I’m ready and glad to move on.
I'm grateful for all we’ve done together in these 13 years full of music and success. The new conditions and changes created a situation that I didn’t want to be part of anymore. Still, Edge Of Forever and Vanden Plas Official are signed to Frontiers, so no worries about that. I just won't be an in-house producer/songwriter and A&R for them anymore.
With Frontiers I was able to produce, work, and chart with some incredible artists like Mr.Big, Journey, Blue Oyster Cult, Night Ranger (my first #1 on Billboard), JORN, and Hardline and build incredible projects like Revolution Saints, the new successful era of Sunstorm, Iconic, Cleanbreak, Resurrection Kings, The End machine, Black Swan Band and many others. As an A&R for the label, I brought amazing artists like Marc Storace, GOTUS Music (absolutely one of the best albums I've ever worked on), Demon, Lalu, Honeymoon Suite, The Big Deal, and Nitrate, among many others, and I was also able to pitch one of the biggest metal bands of all time, Manowar.
My musical future is now all for Edge Of Forever, Hardline, Jorn, and Vanden Plas, and I cannot wait to tour with ProgJect in America in June and sing with some of the best musicians on the planet!
I’ll keep producing bands, writing songs, and mixing records for artists, labels, and bands, cause that’s what I love to do.
2024 will also bring my first solo album, which is absolutely different from what I’ve always done. It’s instrumental, it’s prog, there’s no guitars but the songs are filled with Hammond, Mellotron, and Minimoog.
The drummer is probably the most iconic and recognizable drummer of all time, and I might be talking to a couple of guys for some guitar solos too:-) Let’s see!
As you can see, there are lots of exciting things ahead and I cannot wait to see what the future will bring.
I’ll see you all up the road for my next shows or in the studio to produce, write, or mix some new fantastic music!
Wishing the best of luck to Frontiers for their future!

May be an image of 1 person and guitar

• whiplash1972 changed the title to ADV parts ways with Frontiers Music !

2 weeks early for April Fools?

On a serious side...sad in one way...but maybe now the artists will be able to write and record their own albums without the "in house producer/songwriter"...I haven't liked everything but some have been fine....but overkill is a word that springs to mind.

• Like 2

Nothing against the talented ADV personally but I am in full agreement with Lettard. This is good news as it hopefully means more variety in songwriting and production.

• Like 1

Yeah, nothing against him, but if the only thing that changes is that he now won’t be all over so many of these albums, I don’t mind this at all. 

• Like 1

NOTHING will change. He will simply be replaced by someone more willing to do the work for the pittance of money on offer. Whether that ends up being better/same or worse...who knows.

BUT the label is run by one guy alone, and all decisions are his and his alone and the ruin of that label comes directly from him.

• My Little Pony
8 hours ago, melodicrock said:

NOTHING will change. He will simply be replaced by someone more willing to do the work for the pittance of money on offer. Whether that ends up being better/same or worse...who knows.

BUT the label is run by one guy alone, and all decisions are his and his alone and the ruin of that label comes directly from him.

My thoughts exactly. They had already been preparing for this. You'll notice a few other songwriters keep popping up on Frontiers releases. You should still expect a bunch of one-off project bands. Just hopefully not so formulaic. But that's likely asking too much. ;}

11 hours ago, melodicrock said:

So you know what ADV was being paid for his work at Frontiers? Referring to the “pittance of money on offer” implies that you do and feel that it’s an inadequate amount for the tasks performed. 

• Like 1

I guess how you react to this news depends on whether you are a glass half full of ADV or a glass half empty of ADV kinda guy.

7 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

So you know what ADV was being paid for his work at Frontiers? Referring to the “pittance of money on offer” implies that you do and feel that it’s an inadequate amount for the tasks performed. 

I do, yes. On both counts. He obviously came to the same conclusion. No doubt they tried to screw him down more, its what they do.

• 2023 Gold Donors
7 minutes ago, melodicrock said:

I do, yes. On both counts. He obviously came to the same conclusion. No doubt they tried to screw him down more, its what they do.

C'mon mate.

Hit us with the digits.

• My Little Pony
7 hours ago, melodicrock said:

So, was him joining Vanden Plas his exit strategy? Even though they're also on Frontiers?

2 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

So, was him joining Vanden Plas his exit strategy? Even though they're also on Frontiers?

He is smart and looks like he was able to turn down the contract without burning bridges.

On 3/14/2024 at 10:02 PM, melodicrock said:

Dusty, need a reference to get the job.

22 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I'm yet to chat with him, but I expect so. And the US prog-live show. Alternative incomes. Getting out on the road more than in the studio.