Kissin' Dynamite - Back With A Bang (New Album 2024)

14 hours ago, lettard said:

3 for 3 :) building up to be a great release.

Agree!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Got my Japan CD a couple days early.

Every bit as good as I was hoping for!

Couple little detours with songs like Iconic and Not A Wise Man but I even like those songs for a little variety.  

The rest is basically full of bangers like the singles so far.  Hard picking stand out tracks as almost all are standouts ;)

Maverick had my top spot for a couple weeks but no more! :headbanger:

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, swisspaddy said:

Found the track 'Back With a Bang' on Spotify today. 4 tracks out now and 4 of them are great. Love it.

And here is 'Back With A Bang' on YouTube:

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

Not much has been said about this one.  Anybody checking it out?

Absolutely loving this album.  I had super high expectations which often leads to a let down but they still delivered.  I'm having a hard time deciding if I like this album or Not The End of the Road more but I think as of now I might give a tiny edge to the new one.  And that's some high praise as Not The End of the Road might've been my favorite album over the past 5 years or so.  That could be because of the excitement of a new album though so we'll see what happens after more time listening.  I think the difference for me is this new one has a better pace and kind of keeps the momentum going right up until the last track when it eases in for a landing with the ballad.  Whereas Not The End of The Road had Good Life with the guest vocals and Gone for Good that both sort of broke up the momentum a bit in that album before also ending with a ballad.  

Either way, both fantastic albums.  They've had quite a run with their past few albums and for me are doing catchy melodic hard rock as well as anybody right now.

• Like 1

No idea, how often I listened to Not The End of The Road until today. So it will take some weeks to know which one I like more.

Both albums are great!

From my point of view the pre-released singles where clearly the best songs. Obviously, it makes sense to publish great songs as singles. But as much as I loved the singles, the rest of the album didn't really surprise me anymore.

But to make it clear: even the worst songs to my taste are still really great in their own way. Kissin' Dynamite is my absolute favorite band at the moment.

The easiest way to describe this is that it sounds like Kissin' Dynamite. 

As evidenced by feedback in this thread, people who dig them will dig this and people who don't... which seems to actually only be me, lol, still won't. 

I liked 'The Best Is Yet To Come' enough on first spin (the only song I thought was good, personally) but heard it back in my 2024 playlist today and it's already begun grating on me. 

I just really don't like these guys, but good luck to them. The chanty, kind of sing along "nordic" pirate get-together thing just doesn't do it for me, and that's all I hear in every song from these guys, from album one to now. But they're successful and I wish them continued success.

I'll just exclude myself from the party. 

• Like 1

not getting the nordic thing at all. Think you're confusing them with Eclipse 😉

Some killer songs on this. Not sure if it's as good as the last album but it's streets ahead of most stuff this year. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Glen said:

it's streets ahead of most stuff this year

Happy Chevy Chase GIF

If you’re not streets ahead, then you’re streets behind 😜

7 hours ago, tts42572 said:

This song should get a video and/or single treatment IMO! :guitar:

This should have been a single over the title track, fantastic song!

• Like 2