Nevena (with Michael Palace) - Nevena

Stefan

New album out December 9 through Frontiers. 

From Frontiers:

Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the signing of Nevena Dordevic, an absolutely astounding Serbian singer. Her debut album will be released under the moniker "Nevena" and showcase excellent Melodic Rock/AOR with a more contemporary edge. For this album, Nevena partnered with producer Mike Palace to craft songs and have him put his magic touch on the production.

Nevena was first introduced to Frontiers by The Big Deal mastermind Srdjan Brankovic, who, as a fan of Nevena's vocals, thought she might be a good fit for the label. Thrilled at the prospect of working with this talented singer, the label started thinking of who might be a good producer for her to partner with. Mike Palace came to mind immediately and upon viewing videos of her vocal performances, he instantly loved her talent. Introductions were made and Nevena and Mike took it from there. Now, that fateful introduction has given life to Nevena's stunning new album.

Nevena Dordevic is a vocalist, songwriter, pianist, and educator well known in her home country for her diversity in musical styles including musical theater, jazz, pop, and rock. Born and raised in Serbia, Nevena started her musical education at the age of nine with piano and music theory lessons. As her childhood continued, she performed and won various music competitions. While still in high school, Nevena rose to fame as a performer and finalist on the first season of "First Voice of Serbia". Since then, she’s been performing in front of tens of thousands of people all over Serbia and Europe.

Despite her growth and success in Serbia, Nevena wanted to bring her musicianship and career to the next level and broaden her horizons. She enrolled in the Berklee College of Music in Boston to continue her studies that she had started in her youth. Soon after her arrival to Berklee, Nevena became very active at various concerts and venues, taking the role of lead vocal performer and joining productions with internationally recognized artists such as Tigran Hamasyan, Sheila Jordan, Theresa Thomason, Paul Winter, and many others.

Now, Nevena has partnered with Frontiers Music Srl for the release of her debut album as "Nevena" and could not be more thrilled to introduce herself to Melodic Rock fans around the globe!

Tracklisting:
1. Bulletproof
2. Bad Sun Rising
3. Straight Into Madness
4. Too Late
5. Writer’s Block
6. Miracles
7. You Two
8. Fire In Me
9. Brand New Heart
10. Veil On The Mirror
11. Outrageous

Line-Up:
Michael Palace - all instruments, backing vocals
Nevena Dordevic - lead vocals, backing vocals, piano

Edited by Stefan

• Stefan changed the title to Nevena (with Michael Palace) - Nevena
  • My Little Pony

Is she sure she wants to sing Rock? Dunno if her voice is a good fit for our music. She's a good vocalist, sure, but I'm not feeling enough power. 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 8:11 AM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Is she sure she wants to sing Rock? Dunno if her voice is a good fit for our music. She's a good vocalist, sure, but I'm not feeling enough power. 

Agreed. She seems more like a pop or country singer. 

• My Little Pony
7 hours ago, melodicrock said:

Looks more like a model hired to make the video appealing...

Good song, I like it, dreadful video.

I couldn't watch it. It was too awkward. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/27/2022 at 4:11 PM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

She sounds fine to me. Not everyone needs to have aggresive vocals. Certainly fits the lighter side of rock.

On 9/30/2022 at 8:08 AM, melodicrock said:

Looks more like a model hired to make the video appealing...

Good song, I like it, dreadful video.

Unusual for Frontiers the video is in 4K but it looks like whoever did the camera work and editing isn't what you would call a professional. Not sure how the video's for Frontiers releases are done, and if the artists do most of it themselves, but if you look at the quality of videos by the likes of Chez Kane, Crazy Lixx, Stryper, About us or Girish & the Chronicles, there is definetly a lot more effort put in.

• My Little Pony
28 minutes ago, Eric3 said:

I can't tell if this project is trying too hard or not trying hard enough.

I dunno, I'm pretty hard. I mean, what..?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Wow... is it even possible to make an attractive young lass look so awkward and... just awkward. Those videos are horribly shot but I still don't get why they're not sexually appealing. She's very attractive and she's moving and stuff... but they're just so awkward. 

That aside, I kind of agree that her voice doesn't seem to match the intensity of the music, but I don't mind it at all. The songs are good and I'm looking forward to giving this a spin. 

47 minutes ago, Glen said:

I know what u mean, but I still prob would lol. 😉

Decent listen imo 

No probably about it, of course you would. Which is why I don't understand the videos. 

I must admit, I didn't initially read the write-up, but having heard the album and formed thoughts I gave it a read then and I'm surprised. 

What the album sounds like to me is that Mike Palace was in his local library and he heard a young librarian singing quietly to herself, noted her physical appearance and thought, we may have something here! So he wrote and produced an album that she laid her fresh voice to, and this was the result. Imagine my surprise to hear that she's actually already got quite a history in performing. I guess it's being from a relatively small country that is showing through here then, perhaps?

Because to be honest, she's got a nice enough voice and it's a nice album and I could imagine that if this partnership were to continue, that album two could be quite good. But to me, her voice still sounds a bit subdued, like she looks in the videos, and that just strikes me as someone new to the whole scene. Which is completely understandable. She's got herself an amazing start here, working with Palace, and I do hope it continues. 

Anyway, the album's well produced and there's a couple of cool tunes like 'Writer's Block' and 'Veil on the Mirror,' which have Palace written all over them. Solid debut. 

bit like ISSA yeah? 

Sounds pretty crap and you're surprised when you find out she's been around for ages and that people still keep writing songs for her to spoil 🤣

It sounds like Palace wrote an album for Kelly Clarkson. How is this any different from basic pop rock, other than it's being released on a legacy rock record label?

I see where Glen is coming from with the Issa comparison but this is way worse IMO.

On 12/11/2022 at 5:46 AM, Geoff said:

Wow... is it even possible to make an attractive young lass look so awkward and... just awkward. Those videos are horribly shot but I still don't get why they're not sexually appealing. She's very attractive and she's moving and stuff... but they're just so awkward. 

That aside, I kind of agree that her voice doesn't seem to match the intensity of the music, but I don't mind it at all. The songs are good and I'm looking forward to giving this a spin. 

I wouldn't mind giving her a spin! :masturbanana:

Some really nice songs on here courtesy of Mr Palace and her voice sounds ok - good to me. Pretty solid album over all