Cassette comeback

Jacob M.

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/the-official-top-40-biggest-cassette-albums-of-2022-so-far__35739/

I'm not sure how many people have been paying attention. Cassettes are making a comeback. Anyone going to be buying any? I basically left cassettes behind 10+ years ago. I kept most of my collection though. I bought a Sting cassette just to see how good the quality is. I will likely be buying a few more as time goes on. As long as it's reasonably priced. The new Megadeth is $23. Which seems a bit steep.

8 hours ago, Jacob M. said:

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/the-official-top-40-biggest-cassette-albums-of-2022-so-far__35739/

I'm not sure how many people have been paying attention. Cassettes are making a comeback. Anyone going to be buying any? I basically left cassettes behind 10+ years ago. I kept most of my collection though. I bought a Sting cassette just to see how good the quality is. I will likely be buying a few more as time goes on. As long as it's reasonably priced. The new Megadeth is $23. Which seems a bit steep.

Nah. It's just 80s nostalgia fueled by Stranger Things and Guardians of the Galaxy. Why buy a physical media version that sounds slightly less good each time you play it? I have the same issue with vinyl. Sticking to cds. It is also funny that vinyl is 3-4 x more expensive than cds and even cassettes are about 25% more expensive than cds. 

• Like 1

Yeah I won't be returning to cassettes , I still have all my old ones in a box somewhere , but have never ever felt the need to hoke em out , it used to drive me mad when the feckin' thing nipped in the player even after all the head cleaning and such :doh:  then you'd have to try and find it again...only to shit yourself everytime you loaded it up...in case it happened again...so no thanks...I too will stick with my cd's.

• Like 2

I'm into photography and every time I see dudes shooting with film I always just wonder why. I hear their explanations, but I just wonder why? I would have the same thoughts about cassette tapes. I have wonderful memories of tapes and walkmans and cars with cassettes, but we have moved on, for very, very good reason. 

10 hours ago, Geoff said:

I'm into photography and every time I see dudes shooting with film I always just wonder why. I hear their explanations, but I just wonder why? I would have the same thoughts about cassette tapes. I have wonderful memories of tapes and walkmans and cars with cassettes, but we have moved on, for very, very good reason. 

Some of your photos I seen breath taking.

Any new car sold from 2015 on, you have used a USB stick. Or can spend expensive buy a CD player

• Thanks 1