Wig Wam - Out Of The Dark

Stefan

5 hours ago, Kristian said:

I like that song (Forevermore) very much actually, reminds me of Freedom Call.

Yes

I actually really dislike the 'Forevermore' song, but looking forward to the album anyway. 

They honestly cancelled that tour because one of them had covid? That can't be serious, can it? That's like cancelling a tour because one of them has a cold. Well, that is what it actually is. 

forevermore is terrible. Hard pass on this album and RIP Wig Wam.

Honestly WTF happened to the band that wrote No More Livin on Lies ?? 🤔

Edited by Glen

This is surprisingly a really good album and the best one they have done for ages. There's a couple of fillers, but it gets off to a really good start with the excellent 'Out Of The Dark' and 'High N Dry'. ''Forevermore' is an ok song and gets better with repeated listens and I also like the Gary Moore style instrumental track '79' too. This is a nice surprise in general, as whilst I quite liked the last album, I didn't think they would ever release a really good one again...and they have

Enjoyed this quite a bit...went in as I have done with Wig Wam recently a bit iffy...but its a sort of return to form..some filler as pointed out above...but for me the best they've put out since Wig Wamania...although with the releases since then being sort of underwhelming it wasn't hard...but to give this credit its actually very good in places and overall enjoyable..79 reminds me of Parisian Walkways in tone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lettard said:

Enjoyed this quite a bit...went in as I have done with Wig Wam recently a bit iffy...but its a sort of return to form..some filler as pointed out above...but for me the best they've put out since Wig Wamania...although with the releases since then being sort of underwhelming it wasn't hard...but to give this credit its actually very good in places and overall enjoyable..79 reminds me of Parisian Walkways in tone

Exactly how I feel. Spun it 3 or 4 times now and liking it alot 

The songs itself are not bad, still there are no hits such as 'in my dreams', 'hard to be a rock'n'roller' or 'do ya wanna taste it'. 

The problem I have is the production. It's really loud, especially the guitars but when I'm driving I can't make out melodies or riffs, I only hear noise. It's s pretty strenuous sound.

Finally getting a chance to listen to this one today... my expectations weren't very high, but damn if I'm not enjoying it immensely so far at 5 songs in. Agree with Lettard, "Bad Luck Chuck" is the most classic Wig Wam sounding track... well, at least that I've heard so far. Pleasantly surprised atm...  :banger:

• Like 1

On 2/12/2023 at 8:14 AM, J.S.M said:

The songs itself are not bad, still there are no hits such as 'in my dreams', 'hard to be a rock'n'roller' or 'do ya wanna taste it'. 

I know what you mean but in all honesty I wasn't expecting them to put anything like that out myself..its been 17 years or in the case of Do You Wanna Taste it 13 since that classic stuff...even the album that Do You Wanna Taste It came from wasnt that great :) 

3 hours ago, tobi is an animal said:

Non Stop Rock 'n Roll is my fav Wig Wam album, this new one prob number 2. 

NSRnR is my favorite album from them.

• Like 1

I feel a bit awkward in saying this, but I think the album's pretty shit. 'Out of the dark,' 'Uppercut Shazam' and 'The American Dream' are all decent tunes, but not exactly anywhere on par with any of their best stuff. Not even anywhere near as good as the best tracks from the last album. As for the rest of the album... it's all a pass. 

I dunno, I know people kick up a fuss about comments like this, but I thought they were invincible with those first two albums... didn't think they could make a bad album if they tried. I'm not saying I expect them to re-record those two albums, but I do wonder what happens to the ability to write great tunes. It's hard to think of anything like song-writing, where it seems in so many cases that the skill weakens over time rather than gets better with time. Why, I ask. 

On a positive note, I like the heaviness of the album, but very little else. They're just poor songs, imo.  

23 hours ago, Geoff said:

I feel a bit awkward in saying this, but I think the album's pretty shit. 'Out of the dark,' 'Uppercut Shazam' and 'The American Dream' are all decent tunes, but not exactly anywhere on par with any of their best stuff. Not even anywhere near as good as the best tracks from the last album. As for the rest of the album... it's all a pass. 

I dunno, I know people kick up a fuss about comments like this, but I thought they were invincible with those first two albums... didn't think they could make a bad album if they tried. I'm not saying I expect them to re-record those two albums, but I do wonder what happens to the ability to write great tunes. It's hard to think of anything like song-writing, where it seems in so many cases that the skill weakens over time rather than gets better with time. Why, I ask. 

On a positive note, I like the heaviness of the album, but very little else. They're just poor songs, imo.  

why do you feel awkward?? I could have you this and I've not even heard it - all 3 singles are v weak imo

On 2/16/2023 at 9:56 PM, Glen said:

why do you feel awkward?? I could have you this and I've not even heard it - all 3 singles are v weak imo

Because of the otherwise positive response. Kind of like with KD last year… like I’m not hearing what everyone else is.