Jump to content

Quireboys part ways with Spike


PeterS
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, PeterS said:

Spike and The Quireboys “part company” | MetalTalk

Known as 'London' Quireboys to America. 


One of those bands where the front man is the band. Don't see how they can replace him. A real shame after 30 years.  Always a great live band. 

Closer to 38 years. First got together in the mid 80s (around 1984/1985 I think) and released their first singles in 1988.

Without Spike it will basically be a bunch of dudes nobody knows. Even Griffin, who has been around since the start is hardly known to anyone outside diehard fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

How can you oust the only founding member???

My guess is it is something similar to the LA Guns situation with Steve Riley. He was not a founding member, and although was in the liner notes, did not even appear on the debut as he joined the band after it was recorded. Early on a lot of these bands probably did not go through all the legal name ownership stuff til they got signed, and then when they did they probably split the band name ownership between them all or certain members. Griffin was not a founder, but apart from Spike, is the only member to have been on every single album release since the debut, so my guess is he co-owns the name due to a deal in the early days or through the years.

And let's not even go into the whole "who owns the name Ratt" debacle.

When you have been in a band together as long as those two, I guess they probably felt they had a level of trust and never expected anything like this to happen.

Maybe we will end up with two Quireboys bands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not a big fan of the Quireboys, only have the debut and I don't even like that a heap. But this is certainly weird goings on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

How can you oust the only founding member???

didn't work out well for Levara 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Closer to 38 years. First got together in the mid 80s (around 1984/1985 I think) and released their first singles in 1988.

Without Spike it will basically be a bunch of dudes nobody knows. Even Griffin, who has been around since the start is hardly known to anyone outside diehard fans.

I saw them in the mid 80s before they got signed.  

I then got to spend and evening with them when they played in Munich. Had a good long chat with Guy Richie but had forgotten he was in the band when I first saw them so never mentioned it. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, PeterS said:

I saw them in the mid 80s before they got signed.  

I then got to spend and evening with them when they played in Munich. Had a good long chat with Guy Richie but had forgotten he was in the band when I first saw them so never mentioned it. 

 

I had no idea Guy Richie was in the band I thought it was Guy Griffin. ha ha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I had no idea Guy Richie was in the band I thought it was Guy Griffin. ha ha

Ha ha. 

Would be a good film though. Bunch of geordie lads come down to London and reek havoc. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PeterS said:

Ha ha. 

Would be a good film though. Bunch of geordie lads come down to London and reek havoc. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FUCK!! why does this shit always happen to me? 3 weeks away from going to see them, fuck this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

FUCK!! why does this shit always happen to me? 3 weeks away from going to see them, fuck this

A lot of people on their social media pages are demanding refunds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • My Little Pony
On 4/1/2022 at 11:22 AM, AlphaMale said:

A lot of people on their social media pages are demanding refunds.

I hope it really fucks them over. I'm interested to hear Spike's side of this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I hope it really fucks them over. I'm interested to hear Spike's side of this. 

he was too drunk to comment 🤣 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/3/2022 at 12:51 PM, Glen said:

he was too drunk to comment 🤣 

Given the history doesn't seem unlikely. 

Much as we love our bands we're not the ones spending all day with each other and having to deal with the situations that brings up on the road. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With Guy Bailey, I penned the benchmark QUIREBOYS songs - such as Hey You, I Don't Love You Any More and 7 O'Clock - which have defined the band musically for decades and, to this day, remain the hallmark songs of any QUIREBOYS show.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/2/2022 at 2:29 PM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I hope it really fucks them over. I'm interested to hear Spike's side of this. 

The place they were going to be playing is all GA so I wasnt worried about getting tickets, I was just gonna get them at the door, FUCK! Now i'll never get to hear them play Sex Party live, this is wack!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.