House Of Lords - Saints And Sinners

Stefan

On 8/20/2022 at 9:52 AM, Dead Planet said:

Sad to see how far this band has fallen...compared to older HOL music , this is painfully average.....Come To My Kingdom is the last release worth owning imo.....the next 3 had a few decent songs but rarely get airtime from me....I won't be picking up this release....

I'm listening to that one now, actually. What a great album. Awesome production and the vocals and melodies were on point!

That new song isn't too bad. I don't know what I've said in the past, but I'm not as down on his vocals as most of y'all. Sure he's not what he was 30 years ago, but give that it was 30 years ago, things could be much worse. Production sounding a lot better too. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 11:42 AM, Stefan said:

New lyric video for 'Saints & Sinners'.

I actually like this one, his voice still sounds good if it doesn't go into the higher register.

But, uhhh, that chorus sounds awfully familiar...

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, having lived with this one for a few days now, I can say it's actually pretty damn good.  If you've enjoyed HoL in the past, and haven't bothered checking out the entire album, you may be doing yourself a disservice. 

Saints and Sinners by House Of Lords on Amazon Music Unlimited

It's quite a good album and his voice doesn't sound too bad. I will say there are some 'strange' keyboards sounds on here that I don't think fit with the typical bombastic HOL sound..obviously Mark Mangold's influence there, but they do sound a little odd to my ears in places

• Like 3

Yeah took the plunge on this one and it isnt bad at all...better than the previous few...I know that doesnt exactly speak volumes but it has got some good tunes like "Roll Like Thunder" , "Razzle Dazzle" & "Takin My Heart Back" and my favourite "Take It All" with some a little heavier like "Dreamin' It All"....didn't like "Road Warrior" at all though...sounds like they had a song title then made a song about it to me :P

I know what Jez means about the keys though...in places that is..."Mistress Of The Dark" has almost a prog type sound...not like the traditional HOL like sound.

Edited by lettard
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jez said:

It's quite a good album and his voice doesn't sound too bad. I will say there are some 'strange' keyboards sounds on here that I don't think fit with the typical bombastic HOL sound..obviously Mark Mangold's influence there, but they do sound a little odd to my ears in places

You took the words right out of my mouth. I had said this on FB page the other day.

Gave this a full spin today at work and it's probably better than the last 2 or 3 albums. JC's vocals are still a turnoff but the tunes are a bit better this time a round. Not top shelf material but I'd rate it in the low 70's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Finally ot around to giving this a full listen, and... I must be listening to a different album from the rest of you, because IMO this is fucking abysmal.

Yeah, your disc is probably mislabeled or something…

😜

• My Little Pony
4 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Finally ot around to giving this a full listen, and... I must be listening to a different album from the rest of you, because IMO this is fucking abysmal.

Oh, go back to your Dynazty albums. 

;}

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Come on.... it isn't that bad.....

Ron Burgundy Anchorman GIF

I'll give it some more listens, but man... musically/instrumentally it's not terrible, but the lead vocals are just really poor. He hasn't aged well AT ALL. After about 2-3 songs I want to just shoot myself.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

I'll give it some more listens, but man... musically/instrumentally it's not terrible, but the lead vocals are just really poor. He hasn't aged well AT ALL. After about 2-3 songs I want to just shoot myself.

I agree with that 100%

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...