Dare - Road To Eden

Stefan

UK Rock band DARE are set to return with their highly anticipated 10th studio album Road To Eden released by Legend Records on Friday 1st April 2022.

The first single Born In The Storm will be released on Friday 14th January 2022. Pre-save the single at https://levelmusic.lnk.to/BornintheStorm.

Pre-order the album on CD here or digital HERE. Watch the official music video below.

To support the release, DARE will embark on a 12-date UK headline Tour in October 2022. Planet Rock will start at 48-hour ticket pre-sale at 9am on Wednesday 12th January via www.planetrock.com.

Tickets go on general sale at 9am on Friday 14th January via www.thegigcartel.com/Artists-profiles/Dare.htm and www.seetickets.com.

Road To Eden follows Dare’s critically acclaimed albums Sacred Ground (2016) and Out Of The Silence 2 (2018). Both albums reached Number #1 in the Amazon Classic Rock Charts in four countries including the UK, Germany, Italy, and Spain. Dare entered the top #5 in the Official UK Rock Chart, number #6 in the U.S. Amazon Classic Rock Charts and Number #1 in Japanese rock imports.

Road To Eden is destined to be another modern DARE classic. Produced by their lead singer songwriter Darren Wharton (ex-Thin Lizzy) at his studio the majestic mountains of North Wales. The new album has a harder rock edge than previous albums, whilst still retaining the atmospheric sound, and anthemic melodies that has become the band’s signature trademark.

Road To Eden features ten brand new beautifully crafted songs that captures the very heart of DARE. With a full headline UK tour set for the UK in October 2022, plus dates in Spain, Scandinavia, and Germany, it’s going to be an exciting year for the band.

“We wanted to write an album that translated well to live performance,” says Darren. “Road To Eden has some great anthems, energy and power. We can’t wait to play the new songs live.”

With previous DARE albums now having well over 4 million streams on Spotify, it’s clear that for the growing army of DARE fans, the wait is nearly over, as they prepare to join DARE on The Road To Eden.

Band Line-Up: Darren Wharton-Vocals, Keyboards / Vinny Burns-Guitars / Nigel Clutterbuck-Bass Guitar / Kev Whitehead-Drums / Marc Roberts-Keyboards. Produced by Darren Wharton.

Tracklisting:
1. Born In The Storm (4:45)
2. Cradle To The Grave (4:21)
3. Fire Never Fades (3:51)
4. Road To Eden (4:07)
5. Lovers And Friends (3:43)
6. Only The Good Die Young (4:37)
7. I Always Will (4:24)
8. Grace (3:44)
9. The Devil Rides Tonight (3:49)
10. Thy Kingdom Come (4:30)
11. Born In A Storm (Romesh Remix) (4:21)

Edited by lettard

That write-up nailed it. I love the heavier guitar sound (though I quite like their more recent albums as well - some really good stuff in there!) but melodically, lyrically, and atmospherically it's still classic Dare. And Darren's voice has aged phenomenally.

I'm actually excited for this one.

Edited by Eric3

• 2023 Gold Donors
9 hours ago, Eric3 said:

That write-up nailed it. I love the heavier guitar sound (though I quite like their more recent albums as well - some really good stuff in there!) but melodically, lyrically, and atmospherically it's still classic Dare. And Darren's voice has aged phenomenally.

I'm actually excited for this one.

Yeah, if they're going for more of a "Blood From Stone" vibe then I'm also excited.  

• Like 1

• My Little Pony

These guys sure love storms. 

But, yes, that is surprisingly good. Hopefully this is an indication of the quality of the rest of the album, and not just a one-off. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/11/2022 at 7:11 AM, Darkstone said:

Yeah, if they're going for more of a "Blood From Stone" vibe then I'm also excited.  

They didn't  :(

I got drawn in with that first song released and preordered...it arrived today..I haven't bought any of their albums in a very long time...wish I had stayed that way...its not bad..just not my thing at all...its pretty similar to the stuff the have been releasing..that I never bought.

On 1/11/2022 at 3:43 PM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

These guys sure love storms. 

But, yes, that is surprisingly good. Hopefully this is an indication of the quality of the rest of the album, and not just a one-off

This... :( 

Edited by lettard

Weak as piss. I didn't see any of this write-up before I heard the album, but based on the cover art I assumed they might try something 'Blood from stone'-ish. But there's nothing about this album that is any way similar to 'Blood from stone.' 

They're just so "polite" these days, and there's no bite to the music at all. A couple of okay soft rock songs on here, but all in all, completely and entirely forgettable and a definite pass. As in pass, goodbye. Not pass, as in 51/100. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Album is ok in spots but doesn't exactly get the pulse racing...give me the debut every time

• Like 1