Happy Halloween!

Leykis101

Do you have a fav halloween song? I do

• Like 1

• My Little Pony

I was watching Psycho Goreman last night, which is some fucking weird Horror/Comedy film, and this song happens half way through. So fucking random, and so fucking awesome! 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

Speaking of Alice Cooper, he used to host a weekly Satellite radio show. I don't know if he still does, but every Halloween he would play this AC/DC track. Killer track and one of my favourites of theirs. 

Listen at the very end for Bon Scott to say "Shazbot" and "Nanu Nanu" as a shout out to Mork & Mindy. He loved the show apparently. 

• Like 2

On 10/31/2021 at 12:01 PM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I was watching Psycho Goreman last night, which is some fucking weird Horror/Comedy film, and this song happens half way through. So fucking random, and so fucking awesome! 

That is awesome. "Heckin' best". lol

Missed this and now have to go watch it as it looks to be worth a watch or 2.

7 hours ago, nyoilers said:

It doesn't get better than this one.Zappa also liked to perform on Halloween !

I know, I watched his MTV Halloween concert from 82, he did most of this album, it was fucking nuts, to bad most of the world will never know about him, I doubt most of the world would even get it if they did.

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
9 hours ago, martinsane said:

That is awesome. "Heckin' best". lol

Missed this and now have to go watch it as it looks to be worth a watch or 2.

I watched it two nights in a row because I wasn't sure if I was just high the first time, or if the movie really was as awesome as it was. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Zappa was one talented freakazoid!

I don't own a single release by Zappa and could not mention a single song....always thought his stuff was eclectic crap but I have not heard much of his catalogue ...always put him in the same league as Grateful Dead....

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Dead Planet said:

I don't own a single release by Zappa and could not mention a single song....always thought his stuff was eclectic crap but I have not heard much of his catalogue ...always put him in the same league as Grateful Dead....

image.jpeg.e01b5ce52bdd47a1f232219427049330.jpegThis is a good place to start

2 hours ago, nyoilers said:

image.jpeg.e01b5ce52bdd47a1f232219427049330.jpegThis is a good place to start

Come On Mr. Oilers, with Zappa there is no good place to start, but for someone who hasn't heard him, I always find out what kind of music that person is into, as you know, Zappa pretty much never has people who kind of like him, they either hate his ass, or worship him, and Mr. Planet, GRATEFUL DEAD??? WHAT THE FUCK?? was that sarcasm? Frank Zappa never touched a drug in his life, and has more talent in his bones in the grave then the grateful dead could even imagine having. There is no way of pigeonholing Zappa, if your into Rock/Jazz/Fusion/Blues/ with just plain flat out fucking insanity thrown in i.e. bizarre instruments, wacko bgrnd fx, all sorts of fucking tedious production, and A+ musicians, then u may like him.

Heres a few of my favorites, if you like songs about a confused dude who gets turned on by drag queens, heres your song, also Zappa found the top tier musicians around, thats where Steve Vai started, Ray White sings on this song, Doreen, it's fucking killer.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 11/2/2021 at 3:59 PM, Leykis101 said:

Mr. Planet, GRATEFUL DEAD???

I have to assume Mr. Planet isn't into Zappa's longer songs-hence the comparison to the Dead.Unless you consider that they both started in the 60's.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nyoilers said:

I have to assume Mr. Planet isn't into Zappa's longer songs-hence the comparison to the Dead.Unless you consider that they both started in the 60's.

Yeah I wasn't comparing their music, just sayin that I considered them both to be old and overrated.....and those 2 posted songs do nothing for me....

5 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Yeah I wasn't comparing their music, just sayin that I considered them both to be old and overrated.....and those 2 posted songs do nothing for me....

Well with compositions like Frank did, and the amount of talent recruited for those compositions, one would have to think Zappa was actually extremely underrated, but like I stated earlier, you either get it and love it, or you absolutely hate it, cant recall ever meeting anyone who kind of liked Zappa, and to compare him to those no talent ass clown hippies is a disservice to all the top tier actual musicians who went through the Zappa camp. You could absolutely make a claim for the Dead being overrated, cause they were actually rated, people fucking quit their jobs, get all loaded up and follow them around on tour, i think grateful dead and frank Zappa represent 2 completely polar opposite ends of the music spectrum, imo