Radio host "Mr. Anti-Vax" dies of Covid

Rob Babcock

1 hour ago, Leykis101 said:

You guys all sound like commies, nobody will just answer my simple question, you all duck and dodge and make hilarious remarks, but Im asking a very pointed and simple question which you guys all seem to not be able to answer? how is it hard? you try to spin it and twist it, and answer questions with questions, you seem to all be quick to say just do it, which kind of gives me that lemming feeling, and if thats it cool, im not judging you, but your clearly judging people who dont get vaxed so im trying to be of the mindset of a yes man who just shuts up and does what he's told, maybe if I can get on your page i'll play ball, but I have to be convinced, and nobody's even attempted to seriously answer my question, Mr. Planet kind of has, and I totally get his point, but that's a pretty small segment of it, im talking overall, we dont do this for the flu, you can get vaxed or not, people don't ask, people aren't being ostracized if they aren't vaxed, somebody with a cogent and reasonable answer, tell me???

People probably should get the flu vaccine every year...but one issue is that the vaccine is usually only about 35% effective so pushing it on people doesn't make a lot of sense....influenza does kill a lot of people every year (except last year because of all the precautions taken against covid) but I have never heard of hospitals filling up with the sick and dying from the flu like we have with covid.... so a close comparison doesn't really work...the majority who get the covid vax stay out of the hospital...

And I personally have no issue with those who do not get the vax as it is their right to choose....even if I think it is the wrong choice.... so no ostracizing from me... the problems I have with anti-vaxers is that when they get sick, they cause issues for the health care system....also the ones out protesting are not always doing it peacefully and I have a real problem when they abuse doctors and nurses...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glen said:

well you haven't explained why 2 jabs is such a big deal / hardship 

I think my heroin dealer used a similar argument on me once, seemed like an excellent idea, but I havent made the claim thats a hardship, so I asked some questions, I sometimes get a flu vaccine, sometimes I dont, I certainly dont look at it as a hardship, except for that my government wasnt trying to force me to get a flu jab, and trying to punish and demonize me if I didnt, now can I please have a retort to what ive asked? or no?

1 minute ago, Dead Planet said:

People probably should get the flu vaccine every year...but one issue is that the vaccine is usually only about 35% effective so pushing it on people doesn't make a lot of sense....influenza does kill a lot of people every year (except last year because of all the precautions taken against covid) but I have never heard of hospitals filling up with the sick and dying from the flu like we have with covid.... so a close comparison doesn't really work...the majority who get the covid vax stay out of the hospital...

And I personally have no issue with those who do not get the vax as it is their right to choose....even if I think it is the wrong choice.... so no ostracizing from me... the problems I have with anti-vaxers is that when they get sick, they cause issues for the health care system....also the ones out protesting are not always doing it peacefully and I have a real problem when they abuse doctors and nurses...

Welll the flu was established and dealt with long before we were born, I'm sure with a little research you'd probably find the flu did take out huge amounts of people in the beginning, I know the Spanish Flu wiped millions out, so I think the discrepancy there is in the timeline.

Just now, Leykis101 said:

Welll the flu was established and dealt with long before we were born, I'm sure with a little research you'd probably find the flu did take out huge amounts of people in the beginning, I know the Spanish Flu wiped millions out, so I think the discrepancy there is in the timeline.

I'm no expert on the flu but I believe the Spanish Flu was a different variety from what we are dealing with today...

16 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

I'm no expert on the flu but I believe the Spanish Flu was a different variety from what we are dealing with today...

Oh it was way different, but just the same it was wiping people out by the numbers, and it was influenza, and it was before their was vax, it certainly was wiping out more then 1% of the people it was infecting,

BTW mr.planet, the spanish flu cause people to turn blue, then their lungs would fill up with liquid and they would suffocate to death, it wiped out something like 50 million people, a third of the planet, now do you think if that was happening from covid anyone would be questioning motives and shit like that?

Edited by Leykis101

12 hours ago, Geoff said:

Can we just acknowledge that you have a 99% chance to not die with covid-19 if you get it? The article doesn't mention this guy's age, but I'm assuming mid-40's? So the odds that he'd die from covid-19 were actually probably far less that 1%. He probably had every right to feel like the vaccine was not necessary for him, considering how few people in his age bracket actually die from the virus. 

So, unfortunately for this guy - and I find this story pretty heartbreaking, to be honest, especially seeing him with his two boys - he was just as unlucky as the shark victim you talked about. But he could have got a covid vaccine and been hit by a car, or died in the line of duty, or from cancer and any way you slice it, the story would be just as sad as it is right now.

Except that's mostly bullshit.  If he'd had been vaccinated and still died of Covid then he truly would be like a skydiver who has both main & reserve chutes fail or a swimmer killed by a shark.  Because vaccinated people very very rarely die of Covid.  No, this guy is more the guy that goes to Yellowstone and tries to put his cowboy hat on a Grizzly and gets killed by the bear, only to have people say, "Gosh!  How could he have known!"

Again, I already pointed out it's terribly sad for the family.  But honestly how bad should anyone feel for the dumbass that could have taken a quick and easy shot yet preferred to die instead?  It's time to have to the guts to call these fuckers out.  If you refuse to the do the responsible thing and you die then you simply got what you could have reasonably expected to get.  Or in other words, fuck around and find out.

32 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

Oh it was way different, but just the same it was wiping people out by the numbers, and it was influenza, and it was before their was vax, it certainly was wiping out more then 1% of the people it was infecting,

BTW mr.planet, the spanish flu cause people to turn blue, then their lungs would fill up with liquid and they would suffocate to death, it wiped out something like 50 million people, a third of the planet, now do you think if that was happening from covid anyone would be questioning motives and shit like that?

I have no issue with what you say but let me ask this....how many people have been saved because we have the vax now? How many deaths would there be if there was no vax? Covid is not going away so the numbers will continue to rise unfortunately....back during the SF time people trusted a lot more than they do today which is why motives are constantly being questioned today....and to be clear the SF was worse than Covid....

2 hours ago, Rob Babcock said:

Except that's mostly bullshit.  If he'd had been vaccinated and still died of Covid then he truly would be like a skydiver who has both main & reserve chutes fail or a swimmer killed by a shark.  Because vaccinated people very very rarely die of Covid.  No, this guy is more the guy that goes to Yellowstone and tries to put his cowboy hat on a Grizzly and gets killed by the bear, only to have people say, "Gosh!  How could he have known!"

Again, I already pointed out it's terribly sad for the family.  But honestly how bad should anyone feel for the dumbass that could have taken a quick and easy shot yet preferred to die instead?  It's time to have to the guts to call these fuckers out.  If you refuse to the do the responsible thing and you die then you simply got what you could have reasonably expected to get.  Or in other words, fuck around and find out.

No, I think you'll find none of it's bullshit. It's just not the fear fuelled narrative you've been ordered to believe, and by the looks of it, quite willing to accept. 

Yes, vaccinated people very, very rarely die of covid. But here's something for you. Unvaccinated people very, very rarely die of covid. Especially in the age group of this guy. 

Yes, getting vaccinated might have stopped him from dying from covid. Not going to deny that. But not doing the thing that led to most people's deaths also would have prevented those deaths. Is the rest of our lives from here on in to be lived under the motto - Do nothing - fear everything. 

This is only a story that you found because it's a rarity. 

For the record, I got vaccinated (or I wouldn't have a job today) and I don't give the vaguest of fucks if people want to get vaccinated or not. That's not my point. I'd never tell anyone not to, nor would I call someone a fucker if they didn't want to. 

You diehard pro-vaxx people order everyone to go get vaccinated so you can get back to normal, but I will give you the newsflash of the day. There is no way you guys will ever get back to any kind of normal because you live with this outrageous fear of the virus. You must surely understand that even if every single person on earth was vaccinated, you'd still be petrified of covid-19, so why do you even care who is vaccinated and who is not? 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Geoff said:

No, I think you'll find none of it's bullshit. It's just not the fear fuelled narrative you've been ordered to believe, and by the looks of it, quite willing to accept. 

Yes, vaccinated people very, very rarely die of covid. But here's something for you. Unvaccinated people very, very rarely die of covid. Especially in the age group of this guy. 

Yes, getting vaccinated might have stopped him from dying from covid. Not going to deny that. But not doing the thing that led to most people's deaths also would have prevented those deaths. Is the rest of our lives from here on in to be lived under the motto - Do nothing - fear everything. 

This is only a story that you found because it's a rarity. 

For the record, I got vaccinated (or I wouldn't have a job today) and I don't give the vaguest of fucks if people want to get vaccinated or not. That's not my point. I'd never tell anyone not to, nor would I call someone a fucker if they didn't want to. 

You diehard pro-vaxx people order everyone to go get vaccinated so you can get back to normal, but I will give you the newsflash of the day. There is no way you guys will ever get back to any kind of normal because you live with this outrageous fear of the virus. You must surely understand that even if every single person on earth was vaccinated, you'd still be petrified of covid-19, so why do you even care who is vaccinated and who is not? 

THIS. Can only give one like but it is worth a hundred.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Glen said:

we all seem to be missing the others point so probably best to agree to disagree at this stage.

Mate, I have to say I do agree fully. I actually let this very same thought occupy a portion of time in my mind this afternoon and I wondered what the fuck am I doing. Not saying I'm not going to reply to any of these threads anymore, but I'm going to trial a break. I have 6 months worth of photos to go through and should be concentrating on that. 

We are making points that aren't being understood and ending up at the same point we were at a month earlier. It's horrendous. I'm happy to say we all live in different countries that have had different experiences with covid and it's therefore given us all very different views on the situation. One thing I think we can all agree on, though, is that Australia is fucked. :( 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
6 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

influenza does kill a lot of people every year (except last year because of all the precautions taken against covid) 

I've noticed that's not the first time you've added that disclaimer. 

Could it perhaps, maybe, also be because most influenza deaths are being attributed to Covid?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Mate, I have to say I do agree fully. I actually let this very same thought occupy a portion of time in my mind this afternoon and I wondered what the fuck am I doing. Not saying I'm not going to reply to any of these threads anymore, but I'm going to trial a break. I have 6 months worth of photos to go through and should be concentrating on that. 

We are making points that aren't being understood and ending up at the same point we were at a month earlier. It's horrendous. I'm happy to say we all live in different countries that have had different experiences with covid and it's therefore given us all very different views on the situation. One thing I think we can all agree on, though, is that Australia is fucked. :( 

💯

but I do truly hope you get back to some degree of normality. 

you know that yeah through all the pages of bullshit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

I have no issue with what you say but let me ask this....how many people have been saved because we have the vax now? How many deaths would there be if there was no vax? Covid is not going away so the numbers will continue to rise unfortunately....back during the SF time people trusted a lot more than they do today which is why motives are constantly being questioned today....and to be clear the SF was worse than Covid....

Thats a completely unanswerable question, that's kind of like saying how many times have I not died in a car crash cause I stayed home, who knows, I cant answer that, I dont think anyone can, all I'm saying is Covid is real, I never have thought different, trust me, and it's really not that fun either, it's actually fucking miserable, but what makes people at least myself be suspicious, and I trip out that everybody isnt a little suspicious, I dont trust a fucking thing any of these US politicians tell us, they have all been caught lying, I stated the straw that broke the camels back for me, personally, is when I watched Biden, Fauci, Scaki, and Walenski all give press conferences on the same day, July 28th, and all 4 of them said completely different shit that contradicted each other, If you'd like I can go pull all 4 conferences so you can see what im talking about, how does nobody else give a fuck? this is supposed to be vital important shit right? it doesnt strike anyone as a little odd 4 different associates of the same government cant keep their stories straight? if thats really that far out there, i'll just shut up.

Glen, I was just curious if I was just wasting time or you were going to give me an answer? we all know people should just shut up and do what their told and get vaxed, I asked you to explain how anything i said above sounded sane, I asked you to make sense of it for me, you think im like trying to be sarcastic, and Im genuinely fucking asking since you obviously see something I dont.

1 hour ago, Leykis101 said:

Glen, I was just curious if I was just wasting time or you were going to give me an answer? we all know people should just shut up and do what their told and get vaxed, I asked you to explain how anything i said above sounded sane, I asked you to make sense of it for me, you think im like trying to be sarcastic, and Im genuinely fucking asking since you obviously see something I dont.

mate I honestly don't know what your talking about and I mean that 💯 

All I know is that since June when I got my 2nd vax I literally have done nothing different to what I normally do. Nothing.

No masks , no restrictions. 

in a couple of weeks time I guess I might have to flash an app on entry to a gig but thats it. 🤔

I am genuinely puzzled why this bothers you so much?? 

chill out and listen to some music 🎶  bro

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I've noticed that's not the first time you've added that disclaimer. 

Could it perhaps, maybe, also be because most influenza deaths are being attributed to Covid?

Yeah that is a possibility at least for some of the deaths....the stats are only as good as the people collecting the data... but they can tell the difference between Covid and influenza and should be checking...

3 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Thats a completely unanswerable question, that's kind of like saying how many times have I not died in a car crash cause I stayed home, who knows, I cant answer that, I dont think anyone can, all I'm saying is Covid is real, I never have thought different, trust me, and it's really not that fun either, it's actually fucking miserable, but what makes people at least myself be suspicious, and I trip out that everybody isnt a little suspicious, I dont trust a fucking thing any of these US politicians tell us, they have all been caught lying, I stated the straw that broke the camels back for me, personally, is when I watched Biden, Fauci, Scaki, and Walenski all give press conferences on the same day, July 28th, and all 4 of them said completely different shit that contradicted each other, If you'd like I can go pull all 4 conferences so you can see what im talking about, how does nobody else give a fuck? this is supposed to be vital important shit right? it doesnt strike anyone as a little odd 4 different associates of the same government cant keep their stories straight? if thats really that far out there, i'll just shut up.

Surely you are not surprised when governments do not spew the same storyline ? That happened a lot with the previous admin and has happened with every previous admin....some admins have their ducks in a row and some do not and accountability starts at the top....and I'm starting to see Biden do like his predecessor, he tosses in his personal opinion/feelings/slant that often has nothing to do with reality and when that happens it throws off everyone else in the admin as they don't want to be seen contradicting the boss..

On 9/8/2021 at 8:59 AM, Dead Planet said:

Surely you are not surprised when governments do not spew the same storyline ? That happened a lot with the previous admin and has happened with every previous admin....some admins have their ducks in a row and some do not and accountability starts at the top....and I'm starting to see Biden do like his predecessor, he tosses in his personal opinion/feelings/slant that often has nothing to do with reality and when that happens it throws off everyone else in the admin as they don't want to be seen contradicting the boss..

But this is supposedly a pandemic of epic proportions, this isnt some affirmative action law or some trade embargo, this is supposedly the worst pandemic since 1915, something of that magnitude like of epic proportions, you dont just have 4 different people up bumpin their cocksuckers, if it was really that serious, it would be unacceptable for them to be anything but straight up, and know what their talking about, no excuses, which makes one believe it's either not as serious as it's being projected, or theres something else their not saying, I think it's the not as serious, no government I can remember has done that, when the trade centers got hit, every press conference if it was Bush, or Schaefer, or Rumsfeld, or Rice, they all said the exact same shit, they all had their stories straight, and they never wavered, they acted professionally, I guess thats the word, nothing about Biden or his administration has been professional, and I think expecting Professional from the leader of the free world is to much

37 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

But this is supposedly a pandemic of epic proportions, this isnt some affirmative action law or some trade embargo, this is supposedly the worst pandemic since 1915, something of that magnitude like of epic proportions, you dont just have 4 different people up bumpin their cocksuckers, if it was really that serious, it would be unacceptable for them to be anything but straight up, and know what their talking about, no excuses, which makes one believe it's either not as serious as it's being projected, or theres something else their not saying, I think it's the not as serious, no government I can remember has done that, when the trade centers got hit, every press conference if it was Bush, or Schaefer, or Rumsfeld, or Rice, they all said the exact same shit, they all had their stories straight, and they never wavered, they acted professionally, I guess thats the word, nothing about Biden or his administration has been professional, and I think expecting Professional from the leader of the free world is to much

Professionalism disappeared with the previous admin but I had hoped Biden would bring it back....I think they are still rattled by the Afghanistan fiasco....and now they are taking a lot of shit for the delta variant spread as if they could have slowed it down without everyone on board the vax train....

The biggest concern governments have with Covid is that health care systems are not setup to deal with pandemics so yes they are pushing the vax as they know that vaxed people have a very small chance of ending up in the hospital...it is not a conspiracy, they just don't want the media reporting on people dying in corridors , outside hospitals , in tents or gymnasiums or wherever because the health system is drowning...because that will be blamed on whoever is in charge....

20 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

so the trade centres were serious yes? 

A tragedy by anyones standards yes?

what ..... 3500 dead? approx?

well yesterday 2000 died of COVID in US. 

So 9/11 about every 2 days on average.

just saying ;)

3 hours ago, Glen said:

so the trade centres were serious yes? 

A tragedy by anyones standards yes?

what ..... 3500 dead? approx?

well yesterday 2000 died of COVID in US. 

So 9/11 about every 2 days on average.

just saying ;)

Not a fair comparison. 😕 

One could just as easily say "Mao killed 45 million people between 1958 to 1962, so covid deaths are nothing. Just sayin'." 

Ludicrous comparisons that have nothing to do with each other.

Comparing an horrific event of terrorism to people dying from a virus is something very beneath a person. It's smug and gross.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, auslander said:

Not a fair comparison. 😕 

One could just as easily say "Mao killed 45 million people between 1958 to 1962, so covid deaths are nothing. Just sayin'." 

Ludicrous comparisons that have nothing to do with each other.

Comparing an horrific event of terrorism to people dying from a virus is something very beneath a person. It's smug and gross.

I wasn't the one comparing, I was merely highlighting to Cody that both are serious in their own right.

Thank you.

To be honest this whole thread makes me sick to my stomach. People banging on about conspiracy theories, the hardship of taking a simple jab, whether someone's got their stories lined up like its still a cover up story - all this when like 1500-2000 people are still dying a day in the US

its crazy talk. 

I seriously need to move away from this topic cos it drives me nuts listening to this crap. 

Like I said to Geoff in the other thread , it's time to agree to disagree. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Glen said:

I wasn't the one comparing, I was merely highlighting to Cody that both are serious in their own right.

Thank you.

To be honest this whole thread makes me sick to my stomach. People banging on about conspiracy theories, the hardship of taking a simple jab, whether someone's got their stories lined up like its still a cover up story - all this when like 1500-2000 people are still dying a day in the US

its crazy talk. 

I seriously need to move away from this topic cos it drives me nuts listening to this crap. 

Like I said to Geoff in the other thread , it's time to agree to disagree. 

Gotta agree, these discussions are just going around in circles, I try to add some balance to the discourse since most commenters are to the right of center politically but it is clear that no one really wants to hear opposing views as they prefer to have their own carved in stone views parroted back at them....