Radio host "Mr. Anti-Vax" dies of Covid

Rob Babcock

• 2023 Gold Donors
6 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Get whoever wants to be vaccinated vaccinated, then shut the fuck up about it.

I believe you've hit the Fucking nail on the Fucking head!

Especially considering the supposed protection it gives you. My personal stance on the vaccine aside, I don't understand why this isn't considered common sense.

There have been many tragic deaths of course, but I'm still not seeing the amount of Bubonic Plague deaths that this type of WORLD wide reaction warrants.

26 minutes ago, Geoff said:

What I don't understand, though, is one of my favourite content creators on youtube released a video from NYC today (probably shot a couple of weeks ago) and there's not a sign of masks (except when he went on the subway) and no social distancing. He showed a lot of NYC, and for the most part it looked to be headed back towards some kind of normal.

But then one of the other dudes I follow, who lives in Florida, I think, which I thought had lived in relative freedom, was at a school covering a demonstration because some fucking morons want the children to wear masks as school. And then above, masks are mandated in another two states, and in Canada. 

Is the UK the only place on earth actually giving this thing a proper crack? 

Like I keep saying, I don't understand the world's desire to keep this thing in the limelight. Get whoever wants to be vaccinated vaccinated, then shut the fuck up about it. Daily deaths and cases will definitely, 100% occur, in numbers far smaller than other ailments and other methods of death, and we just move on. It doesn't need to be the sole focus of life on earth.  

all US states make their own rules as far as im aware.

UK is taking a sensible approach but we are not immune to further lockdowns :( You can bet if the deaths spiral again they will lockdown. Fingers crossed.  

27 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

I believe you've hit the Fucking nail on the Fucking head!

Especially considering the supposed protection it gives you. My personal stance on the vaccine aside, I don't understand why this isn't considered common sense.

There have been many tragic deaths of course, but I'm still not seeing the amount of Bubonic Plague deaths that this type of WORLD wide reaction warrants.

100% cob. We've always said it about Australia, that it will without a single iota of doubt, be the most disproportionate thing that has ever happened in this country, ever, by a long way. Half of our country is completely locked down - towns thousands of miles away from any case ever, completely locked down, forced to wear masks in their streets... for a virus that 0.03% of the infected people are dying with, not from. This will never be understood by a person that thrives on common sense, because it is impossible to figure out. 

I keep saying things like this, but it needs to be said. On average, 460 people die in Australia every day. Our country is on it's knees trying to prevent eight deaths a day, which is what I believe they fear the numbers will be if and when we "open up." And I hate talking in such a crude way, but I strongly believe that the majority of the eight sadly dying with covid, would probably very likely be part of the 460 that are dying daily without covid, if you took covid out of the equation. I heard the other day that the average age of deaths with covid in Australia is 86. Let's just consider that a moment. 

Never denied covid, never said it's not a thing and don't even disagree that some of what happened earlier on in the piece was possibly justified, as the world figured out what we were dealing with. But how it's been allowed to unravel the whole world, and still has such a massive impact 19 months later, with probably half the world at least partially "immuned" to it, I will never understand. 

On average there are 56 million deaths worldwide each year. Each one undoubtedly very sad. In almost two years, there have been close to 4.6 million deaths with covid. No one knows how many actually due to covid alone, but it doesn't even matter. It's horrible talking about human lives in such a manner, but it is still a very, very small percentage considering the massive impact it has had on life as we know it. Nothing about this is a picnic in the park on a sunny day, but the world very much needs to get some perspective, and soon. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Geoff said:

100% cob. We've always said it about Australia, that it will without a single iota of doubt, be the most disproportionate thing that has ever happened in this country, ever, by a long way. Half of our country is completely locked down - towns thousands of miles away from any case ever, completely locked down, forced to wear masks in their streets... for a virus that 0.03% of the infected people are dying with, not from. This will never be understood by a person that thrives on common sense, because it is impossible to figure out. 

I keep saying things like this, but it needs to be said. On average, 460 people die in Australia every day. Our country is on it's knees trying to prevent eight deaths a day, which is what I believe they fear the numbers will be if and when we "open up." And I hate talking in such a crude way, but I strongly believe that the majority of the eight sadly dying with covid, would probably very likely be part of the 460 that are dying daily without covid, if you took covid out of the equation. I heard the other day that the average age of deaths with covid in Australia is 86. Let's just consider that a moment. 

Never denied covid, never said it's not a thing and don't even disagree that some of what happened earlier on in the piece was possibly justified, as the world figured out what we were dealing with. But how it's been allowed to unravel the whole world, and still has such a massive impact 19 months later, with probably half the world at least partially "immuned" to it, I will never understand. 

On average there are 56 million deaths worldwide each year. Each one undoubtedly very sad. In almost two years, there have been close to 4.6 million deaths with covid. No one knows how many actually due to covid alone, but it doesn't even matter. It's horrible talking about human lives in such a manner, but it is still a very, very small percentage considering the massive impact it has had on life as we know it. Nothing about this is a picnic in the park on a sunny day, but the world very much needs to get some perspective, and soon. 

I get your point now we have vaccines but before that back in mar 2020 and onwards the mortality rates for over 70 was circa 8% and over 80 , 15%. Thats very high.

For the UK alone we have roughly 5.7 million aged between 70-80 and 3.3 million over 80.

it doesn't take much maths to work out the original herd immunity policy which was adopted in the UK would have wiped out about 1 million of the over 70s.

just to put into perspective roughly 1300 people in the UK die each day - that's all causes. So COVID would have wiped out twice that just in the over 70s.

Lockdowns were inevitable until there was an effective vaccine. The government quickly realised that and back peddled after a couple of weeks and even denied at a later stage that they even considered herd immunity.

Now there are effective vaccines the mortality rates are far far lower for those age groups so there really is no excuse now for extended harsh lockdowns imo

The Brits sound like theyve come to their senses, the US doesnt have anything national, even at the height of it, I live in Utah, it's a pretty red state, weve never had to wear even masks, everything here has gone on about business, since the start of Covid, even during lockdown, nobody locked down, the mormons run the show in this state, but the state next to mine nevada, they have mandated masks, their kids arent allowed back in school, our kids went back to school at the first of august, theres not much difference in our covid stats, and we have about the same population, Nevadas is almost all in Las Vegas, with the exception of Reno, so theres not much of a case to be made either way, it just is what it is only my state loves freedom, nevada does not.

1 hour ago, Glen said:

I get your point now we have vaccines but before that back in mar 2020 and onwards the mortality rates for over 70 was circa 8% and over 80 , 15%. Thats very high.

For the UK alone we have roughly 5.7 million aged between 70-80 and 3.3 million over 80.

it doesn't take much maths to work out the original herd immunity policy which was adopted in the UK would have wiped out about 1 million of the over 70s.

just to put into perspective roughly 1300 people in the UK die each day - that's all causes. So COVID would have wiped out twice that just in the over 70s.

Lockdowns were inevitable until there was an effective vaccine. The government quickly realised that and back peddled after a couple of weeks and even denied at a later stage that they even considered herd immunity.

Now there are effective vaccines the mortality rates are far far lower for those age groups so there really is no excuse now for extended harsh lockdowns imo

Scholar, there's just no way you can say a million people would have died if (insert reason). I'm not saying they may not have, but I genuinely, 100%, do not believe they would have. I don't mind if people disagree. 

But it's the same in Australia. Our prime minister keeps telling us he's saved 30,000 lives. Really? We're truly meant to believe this? So the actions of the government, and those actions alone have saved 29,000 lives in Australia?

What statements like this tell me is that humans allegedly can't do anything for themselves. Apparently we need our government to lock us in our houses in order for us not to die? Is that how we're being programmed to think, because I sure as fuck don't think that way. 

I'd like to see all the stats in 10 years time, and per what Cody says above about two contrasting states, I would like to see exactly what the lockdowns achieved that was not achieved in places without lockdowns. But, what I would love to see in this study is a complete picture. Not just how many covid related deaths happened in a particular period of time. I'd like to see the whole picture, including other deaths related directly to the lockdowns, and the impacts it's had on all those locked down, especially children. If schools open up in 2022 - IF - my daughter starts school in Y1 - no Kindergarten. That's been skipped. My son has missed half of Y1 and Y2 and goes into Y3 with 2/3 of the schooling he should have had. These things are all so easily brushed aside right now, but they're big things. Much bigger for Y11 and Y12 students. 

Like I said, there was a brief time early last year when we didn't know what we were dealing with and one can excuse a bit of panic and alarm by those who thrive on a bit of panic and alarm, but the majority of the last 19 months of our lives has been a disproportionate muck. Humans have been conditioned to fear something that I am not sure was ever really worthy of their fear. 

Edited by Geoff

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

Scholar, there's just no way you can say a million people would have died if (insert reason). I'm not saying they may not have, but I genuinely, 100%, do not believe they would have. I don't mind if people disagree. 

But it's the same in Australia. Our prime minister keeps telling us he's saved 30,000 lives. Really? We're truly meant to believe this? So the actions of the government, and those actions alone have saved 29,000 lives in Australia?

What statements like this tell me is that humans allegedly can't do anything for themselves. Apparently we need our government to lock us in our houses in order for us not to die? Is that how we're being programmed to think, because I sure as fuck don't think that way. 

I'd like to see all the stats in 10 years time, and per what Cody says above about two contrasting states, I would like to see exactly what the lockdowns achieved that was not achieved in places without lockdowns. But, what I would love to see in this study is a complete picture. Not just how many covid related deaths happened in a particular period of time. I'd like to see the whole picture, including other deaths related directly to the lockdowns, and the impacts it's had on all those locked down, especially children. If schools open up in 2022 - IF - my daughter starts school in Y1 - no Kindergarten. That's been skipped. My son has missed half of Y1 and Y2 and goes into Y3 with 2/3 of the schooling he should have had. These things are all so easily brushed aside right now, but they're big things. Much bigger for Y11 and Y12 students. 

Like I said, there was a brief time early last year when we didn't know what we were dealing with and one can excuse a bit of panic and alarm by those who thrive on a bit of panic and alarm, but the majority of the last 19 months of our lives has been a disproportionate muck. Humans have been conditioned to fear something that I am not sure was ever really worthy of their fear. 

the biggest 'fear and panic' in Australia was over a virtually 100% safe vaccine - just sayin

• My Little Pony
6 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Sorry mate, I didn't mean to go all "Karpet grammar Nazi" on you.

It felt good, though. Didn't it? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Glen said:

the biggest 'fear and panic' in Australia was over a virtually 100% safe vaccine - just sayin

LOL. You've obviously not seen the state of the place then. That was a brief moment in time. Couple of days of alarm and tears. The fear and panic over the virus is in its 19th month and not going anywhere whatsoever. 

11 minutes ago, Geoff said:

LOL. You've obviously not seen the state of the place then. That was a brief moment in time. Couple of days of alarm and tears. The fear and panic over the virus is in its 19th month and not going anywhere whatsoever. 

my point being if they'd just distributed that vaccine you'd be out of this mess by now 

6 minutes ago, Glen said:

my point being if they'd just distributed that vaccine you'd be out of this mess by now 

LOL, as I say, you've obviously not seen the state of the place. Absolutely nothing could have taken place that would have us out of this mess right now. 

Im very curious, Donald Trump is responsible for the vax, but you hate him, plus theres no real evidence that it works, it's not a cure, people are still catching it and spreading it and dying from it, so why are you so sure about it? Im just curious from people who are pro vaxers, where does your immense faith in it come from??

57 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

Im very curious, Donald Trump is responsible for the vax, but you hate him, plus theres no real evidence that it works, it's not a cure, people are still catching it and spreading it and dying from it, so why are you so sure about it? Im just curious from people who are pro vaxers, where does your immense faith in it come from??

The vax was never meant as a cure, it is supposed to help your body fight the virus so that you don't end up in the hospital or the morgue and it does this well...does it save everyone? no there will always be exceptions but taking the vax as a precaution just makes sense...just like wearing a condom or not wearing a condom is your choice and you take the chance of getting someone pregnant if you don't take any precautions......;)

1 hour ago, Dead Planet said:

The vax was never meant as a cure, it is supposed to help your body fight the virus so that you don't end up in the hospital or the morgue and it does this well...does it save everyone? no there will always be exceptions but taking the vax as a precaution just makes sense...just like wearing a condom or not wearing a condom is your choice and you take the chance of getting someone pregnant if you don't take any precautions......;)

well condoms are 99% effective, I would have gone with pulling out, it seems a little more realistic in the numbers dept, so why am I supposed to get the Vax? from all you said it's supposed to do the same thing your body naturally does after youve had it, correct? so what is the point in me being vaxed? plus dont you worry about any kind of after effects, some of these vax are studied for years before they are cleared, doesnt it make you a little worried this is the one that didnt need any of those clinical trials, some take so long just on the basis of what they may do down the line, what about that?

Do you think if the plague made a comeback anyone would be arguing about if it was serious or not?

24 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

well condoms are 99% effective, I would have gone with pulling out, it seems a little more realistic in the numbers dept, so why am I supposed to get the Vax? from all you said it's supposed to do the same thing your body naturally does after youve had it, correct? so what is the point in me being vaxed? plus dont you worry about any kind of after effects, some of these vax are studied for years before they are cleared, doesnt it make you a little worried this is the one that didnt need any of those clinical trials, some take so long just on the basis of what they may do down the line, what about that?

Since you've had Covid you probably do not need the vax... I worry more about the long term effects of getting Covid than I do about any long tern effects from getting vaccinated... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

1. Donald Trump helped fund 1 vaccine. He did not create it or any of the science behind it. He had nothing to do with the other 6? 7? vaccines.

2. Most people in hospital now in the UK are non vaccinated people 

3. Most vaccinated people who catch the virus are recovering instead of dying.

4 Being vaccinated cuts your chance of long COVID by at least 50%

5. The vast majority of people spreading it about in the UK are mainly kids and young people not yet double jabbed or anti vaxxers

6. From what I've read these vaccines have undergone the same extent of checking as other vaccines - every ounce effort on a global scale was ploughed into creating these - every bit of red tape removed, there were no 6 month delays here or there with results or parts of the process sat with depts or waiting for approval - it basically saved years in the overall process

7. I can't comment on Pfizer as I do not fully understand that tech, but Astra is basically harmless, it takes a sample of the virus and gets your body to fight it - exactly same basis as flu jab which have been used for yrs. It does not enter your nucleus so will not alter your DNA. My sister in law project managed one of studies and she told me the vaccine is basically harmless - the only known side effect is the blood clots which are like 1/100000 and affact a random few with a condition which makes them more susceptible to blood clots - i assume this is because COVID actually causes blood clots - amazing that. For every medicine in history there are side effects and people die from them . unfortunate yes but it doesn't stop people taking the medicine in every other walk of life.

8. Lastly, if the Oz government had rolled out the vaccines at the same pace as the UK and US AND hadn't scaremongered the astra (the UK didnt) then they would be 80% vaccinated and most prob open like the UK. They didn't, and therefore are still under lockdown. It might be that when they reach 80% some states are still cautious BUT its impossible to know that when the country is still no where near the 80% mark. 

thank you for reading. 

(please don't reply with any conspiracy theory links)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

I know one thing for sure, I'm getting sick and tired of anti-vax protests in Canada where they protest outside of hospitals and bully, intimidate and spit on nurses and doctors....the cops need to move in on these assholes and beat some sense into them..:flame:

At least you still have cops in Canada, soon to be called 'peace officers' in Minneapolis. And soon in the rest of US. 

"Defund the police!" 

Wankers. 

4 hours ago, Glen said:

And let's not brush over the fact that most unvaccinated people who catch the virus are recovering instead of dying. 

4 hours ago, Glen said:

19 months into this thing, in the most covid-panicked nation on the planet, where covid literally occupies 90% of every conceivable type of media, and I have still never heard of "long covid" other than from you. So I'd hazard a guess that long covid maybe affects about 1% of people? Truly don't know, but 50% of 1% of covid cases is not much to write home about. 

4 hours ago, Glen said:

8. Lastly, if the Oz government had rolled out the vaccines at the same pace as the UK and US AND hadn't scaremongered the astra (the UK didnt) then they would be 80% vaccinated and most prob open like the UK. They didn't, and therefore are still under lockdown. It might be that when they reach 80% some states are still cautious BUT its impossible to know that when the country is still no where near the 80% mark. 

I think the main thing people don't understand about Australia and why the amount of vaccines wouldn't have made any difference, is that the morons running this place have been chasing covid zero for 18 months. The zany possibility that this might not be a realistic possibility has only just made it's way into public discussion in the last month. 

It doesn't matter if everyone with half a brain knew this 19 months ago - (some of) the premiers, media and prime minister of this country only just figured it out. Being 80% vaccinated wouldn't have stopped the premiers gunning for covid zero right up until August 2020. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love(d) this country but it is a stupid country led by fucking idiots. A more gentle commentator the other day said we were an "overly cautious nation." If you want to be polite and put it that way, that's nice. But I prefer to call it the way it is. Absolute fucking idiots are running the place. Today, as we speak, we still have two premiers of two of our states, 100% certain they can rule their states without covid-19 ever being a part of their lives. Vaccinations don't fix stupidity, and 70-80% doesn't matter when your brain is covid mush.     

4 hours ago, Glen said:

1. Donald Trump helped fund 1 vaccine. He did not create it or any of the science behind it. He had nothing to do with the other 6? 7? vaccines.

2. Most people in hospital now in the UK are non vaccinated people 

5. The vast majority of people spreading it about in the UK are mainly kids and young people not yet double jabbed or anti vaxxers

6. From what I've read these vaccines have undergone the same extent of checking as other vaccines - every ounce effort on a global scale was ploughed into creating these - every bit of red tape removed, there were no 6 month delays here or there with results or parts of the process sat with depts or waiting for approval - it basically saved years in the overall process

7. I can't comment on Pfizer as I do not fully understand that tech, but Astra is basically harmless, it takes a sample of the virus and gets your body to fight it - exactly same basis as flu jab which have been used for yrs. It does not enter your nucleus so will not alter your DNA. My sister in law project managed one of studies and she told me the vaccine is basically harmless - the only known side effect is the blood clots which are like 1/100000 and affact a random few with a condition which makes them more susceptible to blood clots - i assume this is because COVID actually causes blood clots - amazing that. For every medicine in history there are side effects and people die from them . unfortunate yes but it doesn't stop people taking the medicine in every other walk of life.

thank you for reading. 

(please don't reply with any conspiracy theory links)

Perfect summation 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Geoff said:

19 months into this thing, in the most covid-panicked nation on the planet, where covid literally occupies 90% of every conceivable type of media, and I have still never heard of "long covid" other than from you. 

It does exist...quite a few of my work mates have yet to return due to it...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57833394

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

And let's not brush over the fact that most unvaccinated people who catch the virus are recovering instead of dying. 

19 months into this thing, in the most covid-panicked nation on the planet, where covid literally occupies 90% of every conceivable type of media, and I have still never heard of "long covid" other than from you. So I'd hazard a guess that long covid maybe affects about 1% of people? Truly don't know, but 50% of 1% of covid cases is not much to write home about. 

I think the main thing people don't understand about Australia and why the amount of vaccines wouldn't have made any difference, is that the morons running this place have been chasing covid zero for 18 months. The zany possibility that this might not be a realistic possibility has only just made it's way into public discussion in the last month. 

It doesn't matter if everyone with half a brain knew this 19 months ago - (some of) the premiers, media and prime minister of this country only just figured it out. Being 80% vaccinated wouldn't have stopped the premiers gunning for covid zero right up until August 2020. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love(d) this country but it is a stupid country led by fucking idiots. A more gentle commentator the other day said we were an "overly cautious nation." If you want to be polite and put it that way, that's nice. But I prefer to call it the way it is. Absolute fucking idiots are running the place. Today, as we speak, we still have two premiers of two of our states, 100% certain they can rule their states without covid-19 ever being a part of their lives. Vaccinations don't fix stupidity, and 70-80% doesn't matter when your brain is covid mush.     

1. Maybe, but most of the people in the UK who are still dying are not vaccinated

2. On last estimates there are about 1 million in the UK with long COVID symptoms. Another reason to be thankful you haven't had millions of cases like the UK. So probably getting on for 1 in 5 , or maybe 1 in 10 at worst. 

3. you keep presuming that your government won't do what it promises. Why don't you just wait til you get to 80% and see what happens. 

2 hours ago, lettard said:

It does exist...quite a few of my work mates have yet to return due to it...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57833394

I know several people with long COVID and it is v distressing for them. 

Irregular heartbeat and extreme fatigue are the issues for them :(

Ok Glen, I will not say your right as I dont know, thats why I asked, all except for 1 spot I gotta disagree with you on, being that we cant see the future(that I know of) theres no way they could no any potential long term effects the vax may have to it, Im not a flat earther, im not a silver guy, I really dont believe a lot of bullshit, but check this out, I got Barbecued 2 nights ago and was watching TV, and their talking about fucking retinal scanners in Oz, and the first time my mined strayed off the republican democrat bullshit and I actually had a new thought about this, k bro, you gotta admit they are pushing this shit hard, way harder then common sense says it needs to be pushed, I wont talk about the fact they stopped looking for how it originated kind of just vanished, I'll chalk that up to the fucking strawman president, but I thought, this was thinking about OZ, does anyone start to get the feeling that maybe there's more to this then we are being told? just throw it in the air, nothing about it has been consistent, are we going to keep getting new variants?? cause I remember specifically Biden telling everyone if they want to get rid of masks, get the vax,

Not only have the (world leaders) lied through their teeth about it, they are continuing to press bigger and bigger agendas, and I was just wondering not cause any government would ever not be straight up to its people, right? but anyone seriously get a feeling we arent being dealt with straight? Im being dead serious, I mean the way Bidens handling shit, I think we would be fucking lemmings not to doubt shit, cause lets face it, people die from a lot more deadly shit then this, and there doesnt seem to be any great scheme to tackle other shit, this disease 99.9 percent of people survive, seriously something like .09 percent of people die, that doesnt seem like all that deciding of a number for the shit they are rolling out on us, do you liberals just believe everything we are being told and thats it? you just have that much faith in world leaders? im just really at a crossroads where my gut is telling me something truly isnt right about the overreaction going on, but like I said I was so stoned I could be a female in Afghanistan,

Edited by Leykis101