Erik Grönwall - cover songs

Stefan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 3/15/2022 at 8:11 AM, Captain Howdy said:

These two were missed but posted in Nw Horizon thread

That motherfucker really can sing.

Two very hard vocals nailed without too much effort.

• 1 month later...

Missed the one last month.

His latest one should come as no surprise though as it is one of the songs he sang to during his Swedish Idol run, and also appeared on his first solo album, so this is just him revisiting it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well this is annoying. He is releasing some of these covers in a vol.1 album, but guess what, fucking vinyl only and when people keep saying on his social media "What about CD?" he keeps saying "Maybe on Vol.2" ... what is the point of having vol.2 on CD if you can't get vol.2?

I don't get why artists keep shitting on CD buyers by only including vinyl for releases or for some reason cassettes.

Vinyl obviously costs a lot more to produce than CDs and there are far less places available to press vinyl, so they nearly always end up delayed due to back log (remember when Adelle released her last album on vinyl and all the vinyl pressing places said "fuck everyone else, she takes priority" and other artists were all posting on social media that their vinyl release was delayed because of this). This is why a vinyl album is pretty much twice the price of a CD.

Anyway, in case anyone is interested

https://erik.merchants.se/en/shop.php?fbclid=IwAR2Pmidu4Hx9AkIl_4USksgWaGcA0H0D-rJZKsHkcrQmDaIPTCCXGEu9STY

• Like 3

Helping out or annoying at record store. We get a lot asking why brand records is so expensive, our replies are they are pressed in Germany.

Australia has accurately two pressing plants, they both sit gathering dust.

17 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Well this is annoying. He is releasing some of these covers in a vol.1 album, but guess what, fucking vinyl only and when people keep saying on his social media "What about CD?" he keeps saying "Maybe on Vol.2" ... what is the point of having vol.2 on CD if you can't get vol.2?

I don't get why artists keep shitting on CD buyers by only including vinyl for releases or for some reason cassettes.

Vinyl obviously costs a lot more to produce than CDs and there are far less places available to press vinyl, so they nearly always end up delayed due to back log (remember when Adelle released her last album on vinyl and all the vinyl pressing places said "fuck everyone else, she takes priority" and other artists were all posting on social media that their vinyl release was delayed because of this). This is why a vinyl album is pretty much twice the price of a CD.

Anyway, in case anyone is interested

https://erik.merchants.se/en/shop.php?fbclid=IwAR2Pmidu4Hx9AkIl_4USksgWaGcA0H0D-rJZKsHkcrQmDaIPTCCXGEu9STY

Agree.  I'd probably buy this if it were on CD but really not interested in vinyl.  I only have a couple vinyls and they're only for display purposes as they're both signed.  I don't even own a record player as to me vinyl is just mostly annoying to deal with and would take up too much space.  I've toyed with possibly getting a record player just for the novelty of it but I really don't want to go there as then I'd probably end up wasting a bunch of money tracking down albums on vinyl.

I'd think that artist would want to put their stuff out on every format that people would buy. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...