Nestor - Kids In A Ghost Town

Stefan

1 hour ago, lettard said:

This is available for preorder now from Ginza...but not available to me in the Uk  :( think they only cover Norway,Sweden,Denmark,Germany & Finland

the singles are all on Spotify so hopefully the album will be as well 

Artwork for the new album.

43275.jpg

A Fanfare For The Reliable Rebel (Intro)
On The Run
Kids In A Ghost Town
Stone Cold Eyes
Perfect 10 (Eyes Like Demi Moore)
These Days
Tomorrow (Feat. Samantha Fox)
We Are Not OK
Firesign
It Ain’t Me

Edited by Stefan

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed this is now available for order through the bands website with shipping anywhere.  I think previously they had posted a link that only shipped to limited places in Europe:

https://shop.merchants.se/nestor/?fbclid=IwAR1dV8PtXBHrdTePClfuTMVmGFYzJUhExxlsIJLwPHAPlcM-3xmyULa9LBQ

I don't buy many CD's anymore but think I'm going ahead with this one.  It's a little pricey with shipping as it ended up being about $25 to the US but I suspect it could turn into a tough one to come by and I just felt like supporting the band.  Anyways, these songs so far have been just excellent and even the ballad has grown on me after initially being a bit lukewarm on it.  

I think watching this review got me a bit juiced up also ;)

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doesn't appear to be available anywhere outside of Sweden, so I said fuckit and bought. US$27 is a bit crazy, but when you think about it, we used to spend $30-40 for Japan releases back in the 1990s, so this ain't nuthin'. Also, efforts like this need to be supported IMO.

• Like 2

Just wanted you to know that I found a place to order for the USA.  It's Impulse Music at www.impulsemusic.com.  It cost $22 with shipping.  A little high, but worth it.  I don't know much about the site, I think I've ordered from them through Ebay a LONG time ago, so I can't speak to their credibility or anything.  Just wanted everyone to know...

4 hours ago, auslander said:

Dammit. Want this cd badly but can only get it from Sweden and it costs too much to get here in Australia... hopefully it gets a wider release in the next few months.

Don't wait for an Australian release it wont be, as Australia labels have drop the ball of labels we like Frontiers and Mascot.

If it wa reality show they won, there would be chance.

So means we have go Evilbay where we hope is selling or auctioning one, Amazon or the import shops

I saw the band respond to somebody's question on Facebook asking about a Japan release and they said info on that should be coming soon.  So that could be another option.

It looks to me like at least from photos that the main release might be a digipak.  I thought about waiting to order from Japan but ordered from their merchant store.  Always hated digipaks and tried to avoid them whenever possible.  I guess they don't bother me quite as much as they used to mostly because even when I buy CD's I hardly pull them off the shelf anymore.  I find myself mostly just using the booklets for lyrics I can't make out while I stream the albums on Spotify.  Still like supporting some artists though.

23 hours ago, Stefan said:

Maybe Georg over at AOR Heaven will have it soon?

Yeah he said in his newsletter that he expects to get it...and now its in the coming soon section that goes across the top of his site  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone's orders from the band shipped? If so, what domain did the shipping email come from? I just got a tracking email from "Merch-Ants Stockholm AB" which isn't an entity I recognize, but it logically could be Nestor since they are located in Sweden.

53 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Has anyone's orders from the band shipped? If so, what domain did the shipping email come from? I just got a tracking email from "Merch-Ants Stockholm AB" which isn't an entity I recognize, but it logically could be Nestor since they are located in Sweden.

Got that same email today.  I ordered from their merchant shop.

Hopefully it travels quickly.

2 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Have not received any emails as of yet..it was direct from Merchants I also ordered...but the Merch-Ants Stockholm AB is who the payment went to.

• My Little Pony
On 10/18/2021 at 3:53 AM, lettard said:

Georg over at AOR heaven has it now for order and in stock.

Ooh! Good to know. 

Did anyone receive any word from Merchants about this yet? Its out on friday and I still ahve no word on shipping etc...AOR heaven have it as do Replay Records in the UK who would have it to me for friday...hmmm...maybe I could cancel with Nestor...if they would reply  :)

1 hour ago, lettard said:

Did anyone receive any word from Merchants about this yet? Its out on friday and I still ahve no word on shipping etc...AOR heaven have it as do Replay Records in the UK who would have it to me for friday...hmmm...maybe I could cancel with Nestor...if they would reply  :)

I'm still waiting for a shipping notice. Will probably take months when everyone else has there's. Next time i'll sit tight 

Mine arrived this morning...not the one from the band though...I went ahead and ordered again from the usual shop I use...and to my surprise it was here this morning no notifications...I'm not complaining  :)

few spins through and oh my god...brilliant...80's melodic rock ear candy...the track We Are Not OK sent shivers done my spin...goosebumps...but there is not one dud on this.

My initial impression here is a pretty darn good album.

First 4 songs are excellent.  These Days is pretty good but I get some Right Now Van Halen vibes....Tomorrow is excellent.  We Are Not Ok is a solid ballad with a cool Def Leppard type solo but I think it loses my attention just a bit being the second ballad in a row.  Firesign rocks pretty good and is like their attempt at a Kickstart My Heart type tune to revive the juices after the two ballads. 1989 is just epic and remains my favorite tune on this.  The album closes with a bit of a whimper with It Ain't Me.  

Overall, very good album and these guys have a cool retro sound.  Need more listens to really see how it settles.  My biggest gripe would just be having 3 of the last 5 songs being ballads.  They're all done really well but it just kind of kills the pacing for me in the 2nd half.  I'd have rather seen another rocker closing out the album.

Do have to say that the sonics/production on this are really well done to my ears.  Just sounds great and they perfectly capture that 80's essence.

Edited by tts42572

2 hours ago, tts42572 said:

We Are Not Ok is a solid ballad with a cool Def Leppard type solo

Leppard a bit...but this track reminds me more of classic Winger tbh

1 minute ago, lettard said:

Leppard a bit...but this track reminds me more of classic Winger tbh

Yeah, I hear that too.  The only Leppard vibe to me is only with the solo.

I still wish they didn't have two ballads back to back.   I think I would've at least tracked it differently and maybe just flip flopped Tomorrow and These Days.  It's a minor quibble though.

13 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Yeah, I hear that too.  The only Leppard vibe to me is only with the solo.

I still wish they didn't have two ballads back to back.   I think I would've at least tracked it differently and maybe just flip flopped Tomorrow and These Days.  It's a minor quibble though.

Yeah excellent release though,perhaps two more tracks wouldve been nice...even 1...because the intro is just that...an intro at 52secs long  :( followed by 10 tracks...as you say minor quibble

• Like 1