Nestor - Kids In A Ghost Town

Stefan

3 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Yeah, I hear that too.  The only Leppard vibe to me is only with the solo.

I still wish they didn't have two ballads back to back.   I think I would've at least tracked it differently and maybe just flip flopped Tomorrow and These Days.  It's a minor quibble though.

Well the beauty of Spotify is you create whatever order you like lol 😆 

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, heavyharmonies said:

Maybe it's different in the UK, but the Nestor album is not available on Spotify here, only the singles that were released.

Yeah, it's not available for me either, but I'm guessing it'll pop up some time tonight. 

1 hour ago, heavyharmonies said:

Maybe it's different in the UK, but the Nestor album is not available on Spotify here, only the singles that were released.

it's not released yet that's why ;)

• My Little Pony
2 minutes ago, Glen said:

can confirm full album now on Spotify (at just gone midnight local time) :)

Hmm... The album shows up, but only the singles are playable. I guess I'll wait a bit longer. 

22 hours ago, tts42572 said:

The album closes with a bit of a whimper with It Ain't Me.  

really? That is an excellent ballad imo. sounds a bit Bond like. I really liked that. 

12 minutes ago, Glen said:

really? That is an excellent ballad imo. sounds a bit Bond like. I really liked that. 

Yeah, I don't know.  It's okay but just kind of a let down after the epic 1989 which is the highlight of the album for me.  And I do like Tomorrow and We Are Not Ok more.  I guess I just generally also don't care for ballads as the last track of albums....especially when there had been 2 ballads a couple tracks earlier.

Really good though.  I'm not sure if it'll crack my top 5 but will be top 10 for sure.  It's just been such a great year for music though.  I mean, if this had come out last year it probably would've easily been my #2 album.

• My Little Pony
42 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Yeah, I don't know.  It's okay but just kind of a let down after the epic 1989 which is the highlight of the album for me.  And I do like Tomorrow and We Are Not Ok more.  I guess I just generally also don't care for ballads as the last track of albums....especially when there had been 2 ballads a couple tracks earlier.

Really good though.  I'm not sure if it'll crack my top 5 but will be top 10 for sure.  It's just been such a great year for music though.  I mean, if this had come out last year it probably would've easily been my #2 album.

I dunno. When it's good, it's good. 

Hardline's Double Eclipse ends with a ballad. An instrumental before that. And another ballad two tracks before the instrumental. And I can't imagine it ever being any different. It's perfect. 

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, Glen said:

ever so slightly overhyped but it's still great. 

Another huge addition to 2021 and one which will slot easily into my top 10, just not sure where yet ;)

Gonna have to agree with Gleonard.

It's not quite living up to the hype for me. But I'm also thinking I might have had the wrong impression for this band. In any case, it is good, and I feel it will only grow. 

I'm just happy we can add another new, young band to the list of ones to keep an eye out for. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Gonna have to agree with Gleonard.

It's not quite living up to the hype for me. But I'm also thinking I might have had the wrong impression for this band. In any case, it is good, and I feel it will only grow. 

I'm just happy we can add another new, young band to the list of ones to keep an eye out for. 

Agree, although you said more polite!  I was going to say a lot of people  are creaming their pants over this! "Album of the year"?? It is "good" at best. I enjoy some songs on it that will make my Melodic Playlist for sure, but that is about it for me.

• 2023 Gold Donors
11 hours ago, The Rocker said:

Agree, although you said more polite!  I was going to say a lot of people  are creaming their pants over this! "Album of the year"?? It is "good" at best. I enjoy some songs on it that will make my Melodic Playlist for sure, but that is about it for me.

Agree 100%, when i first heard On The Run and 1989 i was proclaiming these guys my new favourite band i was that impressed.,but the album is just as The Rocker says good at best.

55 minutes ago, Mr.AOR said:

Agree 100%, when i first heard On The Run and 1989 i was proclaiming these guys my new favourite band i was that impressed.,but the album is just as The Rocker says good at best.

harsh imo.

How are Stone Cold Eyes & These Days any worse than 1989 or On The Run. ?? Arguably better.

& I'm not a ballad man but even I'll admit that all 3 are very good indeed.

Issue is this has been overhyped to the point where everyone was expecting the greatest melodic rock album ever.

What we got is a very good melodic rock album which will feature highly in many people's year end list and that in 2021 is a feat in itself. 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Glen said:

harsh imo.

How are Stone Cold Eyes & These Days any worse than 1989 or On The Run. ?? Arguably better.

& I'm not a ballad man but even I'll admit that all 3 are very good indeed.

Issue is this has been overhyped to the point where everyone was expecting the greatest melodic rock album ever.

What we got is a very good melodic rock album which will feature highly in many people's year end list and that in 2021 is a feat in itself. 

Well, basically that is what I mean. I still like it. Stone Cold is probably my favorite on the album and These Days is very good. The ballads are my 3 least favorite songs. 

1 hour ago, zacharyamelie said:

Every time I hear “These Days” I think “Right Now” from Van Halen. 

Yeah and "Stone Cold Eyes" has the same opening as Giant "Hold Back The Night" chorus...

Still love it though.

• Haha 1

One song that hasn't really been mentioned that I really dig is "Perfect Ten". It perfectly captures the tone of the era. I remember being a college kid in the mid-late 1980s and Demi Moore was everyone's heartthrob.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

One song that hasn't really been mentioned that I really dig is "Perfect Ten". It perfectly captures the tone of the era. I remember being a college kid in the mid-late 1980s and Demi Moore was everyone's heartthrob.

I was a young school boy at the time…Dan is showing his age 🤣

• Haha 1

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

I was a young school boy at the time…Dan is showing his age 🤣

I was a fetus. Y'all are so old. ;}

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Yeah, this is an interesting tune.  I didn't quite know if I liked it at first as it's a little bit poppy but it's catchy and has grown on me with repeated listens.

Little bit surprised I like this album as much as I do as it's definitely out of my normal Eclipse, Crazy Lixx, HEAT, Midnite City type comfort zone.  I think that's kind of why I like it though, just a different, interesting listen.  

Agree with Glenn that it was probably a bit overhyped but still a good album that I like more than I thought I would.  Also pretty impressive considering the circumstances being a debut album with probably a fairly limited budget.  Will be interesting to see if they can build on this with future releases.