I Like Beer!

Blue Charvel

I had me a pint bottle of something called Coney Island Lager last night... pretty damn good stuff. My Mom works for the artist who designed the label so she picked me up a couple of bottles. All the proceeds from its sale are going towards the revitalization of the Coney Island boardwalk area in NYC, or so I'm told...

As long as it wasn't Coney Island Whitefish.

Hahaha, think anybody outside of the NY area will get that reference? :lol:

Hahahaha...I read an interview with Steven Tyler (years ago circa 1983) and he explained

in great detail what the Coney Island Whitefish was... :rofl2:

I believe James Caan's character also explains it to his alien partner in the movie "Alien Nation"

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had me a pint bottle of something called Coney Island Lager last night... pretty damn good stuff. My Mom works for the artist who designed the label so she picked me up a couple of bottles. All the proceeds from its sale are going towards the revitalization of the Coney Island boardwalk area in NYC, or so I'm told...

As long as it wasn't Coney Island Whitefish.

Hahaha, think anybody outside of the NY area will get that reference? :lol:

Hahahaha...I read an interview with Steven Tyler (years ago circa 1983) and he explained

in great detail what the Coney Island Whitefish was... :rofl2:

I believe James Caan's character also explains it to his alien partner in the movie "Alien Nation"

Classic movie! :tumbsup:

Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale

That's one hell of a tongue twister name. Try saying that 3 times fast. :blink:

... and when you're drunk ! :lol:

OMG waaaaay too much beer was consumed last night. Very disappointed at the third bar we were at. They had a band playing and the guitarist was smokin'! They were mostly playing the downtuned newer shit but would throw in some Johnny Cash, Pink Floyd and ZZ top here and there. I went and talked to the guitarist and found out he had graduated high school in 1990. I asked if they could play any Whitesnake or Poison and he so unforunately no, they used to play a few hair-band songs but no one seemed real interested when they did so they took them out of the set list. :(

My wife drove me to the bottle shop on the weekend and I bought 3 cases of beer - 72 bottles of heaven. It was pretty awesome. Now that I have no car I have to take advantage of these situations.

My wife drove me to the bottle shop on the weekend and I bought 3 cases of beer - 72 bottles of heaven.

My wife usually drives me to drink as well! :lol:

My wife drove me to the bottle shop on the weekend and I bought 3 cases of beer - 72 bottles of heaven.

My wife usually drives me to drink as well! :lol:

:rofl: You beat me to it Rick...

:lol:

I put away about 7 at lunch... feeling pretty fancy 'bout now.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had any beer in over a week. :crying:

My brother in law is taking everyone out for dinner on Saturday for his wife's B-Day so hopefully I'll get to slam a few brews while I'm there. Lord knows I will need'em if I'm going to be in close proximity with so many of my wife's family. :)

Coopers Pale Ale. I've been into it lately. They had it on tap for pretty cheap, now it's the same price as the rest of them. All I know is about 7-8 in 3 and 1/2 hours does some good damage. Anyone wanna party?

I am having my first beer since last Saturday right now - A delicious Speckled Hen (what else). Gig tonight (a Speckled Hen Pub) so a few more will slide down in a fairly good way, and come to think of it, gig tomorrow night as well, so the process will be repeated - 'Don't ya love it when a plan comes together'. :drink:

Hopefully I'll be having some beers tomorrow evening. It's been a long dry spell.

Several beers last night at the restaurant during my sister in law's 30th birthday party. Thank god for beer, it was just about the only thing that made the entire ordeal somewhat tolerable. :chug: